General Discussion

Points after an event

BasilBasil Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
What is the use of the +/- points you get after an event? The only thing I see is that you can 'guess' how long someone is playing TD ? Can't Hutch make somekind of standings so that at least you can see your ranking and (hopefully) give some rewards for the top10 after xxx-time ?

Comments

• RWareRWare Member Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    Do you mean trophies?
  • BasilBasil Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    RWare said:
    Do you mean trophies?

I don't know how you call them. They are the points you get in an event when you have raced an opponent. It makes the ranking in an event. After the event you'll get those points (+ or -).
  • RWareRWare Member Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    Oh in and event? You said after the event in your OP.

You get points in the event which obviously are positive or negative depending if you win or lose.

After the event, you get trophy points. Your total is always displayed in the top bar next to your picture and RQ. If you finish in the high tiers of an event, you get lots of trophy points. If you don't do so well, you get 0 points, or even -10 trophy points.

In big events, such as finals, Tier 1 can be worth hundreds of trophy points. Trophy points are a general indicator of a mixture of how long someone has played and how successful they are. It's not strictly like Player A who has 30,000 is better than player B who has 20,000
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14
    Here is the relevant FAQ article, but I'd recommend reading the other articles as well.
    Just a little extra information regarding trophy score:
    Trophy score thresholds are used when creating brackets for events. So basically as your trophy score gets higher you'll get in the same bracket with opponents who also have higher trophy scores... sort of. But it's not really working as you'll soon find out. After reaching a certain trophy score you'll be matched against people with incredibly high trophy scores.
  • BasilBasil Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys !