918 Spyder Prelims (Event)

Comments

• MSteeLMSteeL Posts: 919 ✭✭✭✭
    The event is only for 6 more hours.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many dezirs. I have 2 and can battle my way to 11th/12th with selective racing. I am easy pickings to be pushed back down though with all the 3 dezir hands around.
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    So many dezirs. I have 2 and can battle my way to 11th/12th with selective racing. I am easy pickings to be pushed back down though with all the 3 dezir hands around.
    3 dezir are a must, and at least one 699 and one 969. the third should be 699 but also 969 is fine
  • AntounAntoun Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MSteeL said:
    @jczero @Antoun hey guys. Would apreciate if you didnt hit me, since top 10 is the same hand I am having trouble to stay in it with Europa. 
    I’m avoiding you since the beginning I know how it’s hard to stay in Top 10. 😉
  • jigajiga Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19
    @rei348 @StealthFT ; i am alongside you guys now
    edited June 19
    Antoun said:
    MSteeL said:
    @jczero @Antoun hey guys. Would apreciate if you didnt hit me, since top 10 is the same hand I am having trouble to stay in it with Europa. 
    Thanks! Thankfully some more hands with Europa came up so that I could at least draw lol. You guys made it? Im not sure about myself yet
  • RWareRWare Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭
    Of course I am absolutely bullied out of the top 10 in the last 3 minutes.

Absolutely livid. 200 gold spent on tix and all I get is draw draw draw.

Worst event I have seen in ages. Well done on such a terrible event!
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RWare said:

really? in the end we've had the same hand and I managed to stay in t2 with only minor difficulty. did you make sure to always draw if you couldn't win?
    Well the guys from bottom probably had different hand, so they could have cnocked him out
  • RWareRWare Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭
    RWare said:

really? in the end we've had the same hand and I managed to stay in t2 with only minor difficulty. did you make sure to always draw if you couldn't win?
    Yes. I went from 47 losses to 56 losses by close of play. The last 6-7 tix I played were ALL the double-drag one.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MSteeL said:
    Well the guys from bottom probably had different hand, so they could have cnocked him out
    yeah, but I was below him between t-15m to t-5m or so
  • sinnersinner Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19
    @LittleEnosBurdette @AndreasSimmer thanks for the co op guys. I was happy with T2 as I already have 2 of the Peugeot. Very happy with my CF, got my first trophy !! I'm even more excited about the upcoming all wet french event 😂
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19
    Same here. 2x699 1x969 Dezirs, 996 308GTI, 969 Trophy275 and 200 gold got me 11th place and a pack that gave me an R21 Europa. 

Still, at least it was an even playing field this time rather than having half the slots for the top tiers taken by unbeatable prize car hands. 
  • vossixvossix Posts: 432 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it was a good Tier 1 👍

• MoogMoog Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    I was so tempted to buy a set of tickets but gambled not to and ended 10th. Phew. Sorry you didnt make it @RWare, we had identical hands so you were unlucky :(
    CF pack gave the T2 prize, so double DS for me
  • PulsatingstarPulsatingstar Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    Like busses... 🤣

• iron_styleiron_style Posts: 179 ✭✭✭

Nice Tier 2. Hoping for a chance to get the Spyder
  • AntounAntoun Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MSteeL said:
    Antoun said:
    MSteeL said:
    Thanks! Thankfully some more hands with Europa came up so that I could at least draw lol. You guys made it? Im not sure about myself yet
    Finished Tiers 1, but got a crappy RQ19 😂
    Antoun said:
    MSteeL said:
    Antoun said:
    MSteeL said:
    Double food then, same as me👍
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T3 was all I could make with only 2 dezir. Obviously had the lowest possible reward in the RQ15 sport spider.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sinner said:
    @LittleEnosBurdette @AndreasSimmer thanks for the co op guys. I was happy with T2 as I already have 2 of the Peugeot. Very happy with my CF, got my first trophy !! I'm even more excited about the upcoming all wet french event 😂
    Yeh thanks both for avoiding me on those test bowls. 2 x T16’s for me. 😕

Lets hope we never see another prelim, or any event for that matter, with such requirements again.  🙏 
  • jczerojczero Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭
    MSteeL said:
    Antoun said:
    MSteeL said:
    Antoun said:
    MSteeL said:
    Double food then, same as me👍
    Glad you made it, I had to risk a bit in the end to save a friends ****, but it’s good we all made it. Nice pull @iron_style, much better than my 4wd Peugeot :joy:
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another Metropolis for me.
  • sinnersinner Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sinner said:

Lets hope we never see another prelim, or any event for that matter, with such requirements again.  🙏 
    Yeah awful, reminded me of the metro finals,  although a lot less stressful. Won't complain about the outcome though 👍
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sinner said:

Let's hope we're done with the French Renaissance finals. Literally just a Megane or numero 9 fest. 
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭
    willcf15 said:
    MSteeL said:
    Dezir swarm
    I've gotten:

-8 sport spiders
    -7 R20's
    -2-3 of all other French Renaissance C classes
    -0 Dezir's

Just had to whine. So many events where I've been irrelevant. When will it stop...
    I got 5 dezirs early on and most of the ultra rares and haven't had anything better than a premium so you're not missing much. The megane was the key non-legendary to pull.

TD01055 said:
    Looks like 3 dezir, 2 Megane to me. Before this I was actually thinking event and restriction design has taken a step up recently, lots of variety. Can’t get them all right I suppose.
    Is the Megane 275 faster than the 308 GTI on the drags then?
  • UltimateUltimate Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rei348 said:

Any forumer in this league? I just reached T2 (Reiner Mora), I'll work to build gap from t3
    @rei348 hey mate I thought you normally play in the EU. Did you VPN to AS?
  • UltimateUltimate Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rei348 said:

Any forumer in this league? I just reached T2 (Reiner Mora), I'll work to build gap from t3
    @rei348 did you VPN to AS?
  • malsmals Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    nel1978 said:
    mals said:
    @ojleroux @mals Just joined your bracket - happy to cooperate. 
    Of course, i will avoid you :)
    Just joined your bracket too, can you tell me your IGN please so i can avoid you all. 
    Mine is Nel Antunes
    I'd Miguel Ángel, i will avoid you ;)

Any forumers more in this bracket?

• RuvlaRuvla Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Dabigp said:
    @greddy @LittleEnosBurdette what r u guys running and all the guys on top?

Running this, complete stalemate, the only other option would be dropping the 308 for a europa cup 996 to win the 2 test bowls but then you lose the other 2 sets to the above. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Soo 969 Megane? 
    969 here equals to 699 megane (at least on tracks I have seen and tried).
    you will use it on city and tracks.

Dezirs are crucial only having 2: 969 and 699. Third can be either 969 or 699 - no matter.

3rd everyone use either megane or 308