General Discussion

What to do with cars going down in rarity?

BasixBasix Member Posts: 12
So this time there are quite a lot of cars that will be going down in rarity with the new update. I wonder if it makes sense to fuse them before the update or is just keeping them better. 
For example, i have the RQ23 Cayman GTS which is going to Ultra Rare (not upgraded), or i have some fully upgraded ultras that are going down to super rare, and some not upgraded and fully upgraded super rares that are going down to rare.

I thought that maybe it makes sense to sell or fuse the super rares as it should be quite easy to get them back as rares and then upgrade again.
Is there a general consensus on what to do?

Comments

• Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont fuse before the update! If they're going down they'll be far cheaper to fuse at the lower level.

I did sell my maxed C cars that are going down as they'll be easy enough to collect and upgrade as Ds. Didnt work so well for me though. The 7 ceramics I bought gave me 9x C and nothing more.
  • mazeoopsmazeoops Member Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭
    I fused 3 maxed ultra rares during the final. 
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 23
    Blue2moro said:
    Dont fuse before the update! If they're going down they'll be far cheaper to fuse at the lower level.

I did sell my maxed C cars that are going down as they'll be easy enough to collect and upgrade as Ds. Didnt work so well for me though. The 7 ceramics I bought gave me 9x C and nothing more.
    That’s a good idea tho...

and fuse any stock ones 
  • BasixBasix Member Posts: 12
    Blue2moro said:

I didn't mean to max the cars that are going down but rather to use them as fuse material...like using C-Cars that are going down as food for B-Cars.
    Mhh...seems to be a tricky one
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basix said:
    Blue2moro said:

I didn't mean to max the cars that are going down but rather to use them as fuse material...like using C-Cars that are going down as food for B-Cars.
    Depends on your garage really. I'll definitely be using any stock C that are going down to fuse into a B. Mainly because Ds are relatively easy to find.

Any A going down to be I would probably keep, as they'll likely be very good B cars and the chances of pulling them as Bs would be quite low.
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used all my c cars going down to upgrade my Range rover going up. 
    Blue2moro said:
    Basix said:
    Blue2moro said:

Depends on your garage really. I'll definitely be using any stock C that are going down to fuse into a B. Mainly because Ds are relatively easy to find.

Any A going down to be I would probably keep, as they'll likely be very good B cars and the chances of pulling them as Bs would be quite low.
    I thought so too. I also have enough A Cars to upgrade a legendary but no legendary i really want to upgrade...

greddy said:
    I used all my c cars going down to upgrade my Range rover going up. 
    Yeah i used half my cash deposits for exactly that :D

• TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selling C-D cars, will get ad-upgrades to rebuild them for free. Deffo keeping A-B cars, fused the Tamora when it dropped and it took me ages to get it back, not making that mistake again.

dont know whether to save cash for relevant premiums or buy ceramics now, hoping for more cars that will increase in rarity...
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 746 ✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    Selling C-D cars, will get ad-upgrades to rebuild them for free. Deffo keeping A-B cars, fused the Tamora when it dropped and it took me ages to get it back, not making that mistake again.

dont know whether to save cash for relevant premiums or buy ceramics now, hoping for more cars that will increase in rarity...
    I'm wondering the same thing.
    Have a ton of IGC to spend but would need to use a chunk of my saved gold to get slots for any spending spree (unless I just sell obtained SR)

Do we know if we will have new cars in PL9? Would rather save gold if so.

Anyway on to the SR Hunt...

Looks like there are 6 SR Going up, 3US, 2 UK and 1 JP

So the odds:

Ceramic - 6/199x100 = 3%
    US Prem - 3/45x100 = 6.7%
    UK Prem - 2/27x100 = 7.4%
    JP Prem - 1/58x100 =  1.7%

So it looks like UK Premiums are your best shot of obtaining an SR going up.

Of course, there is the reduced odds of >C  compared to regular Ceramic and higher price to factor in
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:

I'm wondering the same thing.
    Have a ton of IGC to spend but would need to use a chunk of my saved gold to get slots for any spending spree (unless I just sell obtained SR)

Do we know if we will have new cars in PL9? Would rather save gold if so.

Anyway on to the SR Hunt...

Looks like there are 6 SR Going up, 3US, 2 UK and 1 JP

So the odds:

Ceramic - 6/199x100 = 3%
    US Prem - 3/45x100 = 6.7%
    UK Prem - 2/27x100 = 7.4%
    JP Prem - 1/58x100 =  1.7%

So it looks like UK Premiums are your best shot of obtaining an SR going up.

Of course, there is the reduced odds of >C  compared to regular Ceramic and higher price to factor in
    Nice maths. 3% extra chance of a UR isn't worth it, will save my IGC. I was thinking premiums for whatever new cars are released after the update, would never buy them under normal circumstances 
    Have in mind of really low chance for UR or better from Premiums. 6 millions for FR got me 1 epic and 5 UR, 4.5 millions for AD got me 7 UR. 
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 746 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 23
    greddy said:
    Have in mind of really low chance for UR or better from Premiums. 6 millions for FR got me 1 epic and 5 UR, 4.5 millions for AD got me 7 UR. 
    Indeed they are pants, but I like you are guilty of buying a ton of them upon updates.

Expanding on the SR Hunt.
    Let's say I want to spend around a million IGC

That would buy me roughly 30 Ceramic or 24 Premium.

Rough Expected Outcome

Ceramic 4.3 UR and around 36 SR (of which 1 would be an SR going up) so around 5 UR effectively, plus 22% chance of an S and 82% of an A

UK Premium 3.4 UR and around 27SR (of which 1.8 would be an SR going up) so around 5 UR effectively, plus 12% chance of an S and 50% of an A

So Ceramics it is then if I go on a splurge
    greddy said:
    Indeed they are pants, but I like you are guilty of buying a ton of them upon updates.

Expanding on the SR Hunt.
    Let's say I want to spend around a million IGC

That would buy me roughly 30 Ceramic or 24 Premium.

Rough Expected Outcome

Ceramic 4.3 UR and around 36 SR (of which 1 would be an SR going up) so around 5 UR effectively, plus 22% chance of an S and 82% of an A

UK Premium 3.4 UR and around 27SR (of which 1.8 would be an SR going up) so around 5 UR effectively, plus 12% chance of an S and 50% of an A

So Ceramics it is then if I go on a splurge
    I was aware of odds, but couldnt resist a chance for megane trophy or hellcat.

Wont do that again for sure though. 
  • GT47LMGT47LM Member Posts: 356 ✭✭✭
    edited June 23
    What are you guys doing to your maxed B - - > C cars? Fuse them to A before the update? I think I might do that, and sell my C - - > D cars
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just cant sell maxed Cs dropping to D.
    Chances are they will be some of the best D cars, and 1) finding them again will take a bit of time and 2) rebuilding them will cost roughly as much as what you would get for selling it as a maxed C (I rarely use the ad upgrades).
  • rei348rei348 Member Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    Chances are they will be some of the best D cars, and 1) finding them again will take a bit of time and 2) rebuilding them will cost roughly as much as what you would get for selling it as a maxed C (I rarely use the ad upgrades).
    Maxed Cs worth like a ceramic, so you may find something better than C if you sell them and buy pack. 
    It's true, probably they will be usefull as Ds, but it's super easy to find them again after downgrade, so...
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    These days there are few D, E & F specific events, unlike 12 months ago. So having the best D car is less of an absolute requirement than it was.

You can use Leoni to rebuild them part of the way.  
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    These days there are few D, E & F specific events, unlike 12 months ago. So having the best D car is less of an absolute requirement than it was.

You can use Leoni to rebuild them part of the way.  
    You’re right but I just cant be bothered to rebuild again and use leoni, no matter how much I like to see her pretty face