General Discussion

What will change if my amount of trophies increases?

TNThomasTNThomas Member Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭
If I remember it correctly, only the Daily Event will change, because I will get better opponents. Is that correct?

Comments

• LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, all events apart from prize car finals are constructed with trophies iirc. 
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I told myself I’d quit when I reached 100k trophies, that day is nearly upon me. 🤔
  • TNThomasTNThomas Member Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭
    If this is true, I will keep my amount of trophies low... It’s a shame you get ‘punished’ for playing the game a lot. However, it might be the only solution to balance players a bit I guess.
  • RWareRWare Member Posts: 421 ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's fantastic that I get matched against people who can max 3 Legendaries.....and fight over a Ceramic....  /s
  • lonelyterroristlonelyterrorist Member Posts: 85 ✭✭
    For a very long time I was in the double digits of trophies. Then when I got to 1000-2000 I felt great because I was coming T1/T2 in a lot of events and getting the better packs.

Now up in 4-5k trophies I'm not even close even in events where I think my hands are good.

It is getting tiresome when people say you get more rewards for better placed finishes and you can't even compete. 
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 6k trophys you only swim with the big fish,this is the last barrier
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 6k trophys you only swim with the big fish,this is the last barrier
    which also means that after 6k things only get easier. that's not to say easy, but easier
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 25
    TNThomas said:
    If this is true, I will keep my amount of trophies low... It’s a shame you get ‘punished’ for playing the game a lot. However, it might be the only solution to balance players a bit I guess.
    Don't care too much about that final frontier barrier.

if you wanna win stuff you earn trophies, period. If you want to avoid that score you can always smurf, in higher threshold brackets that should work even better than in lower ones. Trophy score does only really matter in Qualifiers, Prelims and that monday after event and the ceramic events if you care about winning them. But trophy score should never matter in any (major) finals. 🤞
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TNThomas said:
    Don't care too much about that final frontier barrier.

if you wanna win stuff you earn trophies, period. If you want to avoid that score you can always smurf, in higher threshold brackets that should work even better than in lower ones. Trophy score does only really matter in Qualifiers, Prelims and that monday after event and the ceramic events if you care about winning them. But trophy score should never matter in any (major) finals. 🤞
    Agree on that one! And seriously that thing with keeping trophy’s low was relevant over a year ago where you could “reset” it as much as you wanted.
    Since the new trophy system got introduced I have never seen any point in keeping my trophy’s low.
    im actually looking forward to reaching every new 10k,  not because I win anything by it but because it represents my game progress.

And who knows maybe one day players will be rewarded for their trophy score, hahahahaha yea right!

dreaming now...
    - access to special multiplayer events
    - access to new campaign events (single player!!!)
    - carbon packs for reaching milestone trophy's

• EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 534 ✭✭✭
    edited June 25
    Not all. Some of the low RQ events use open brackets too. As do all club events as far as I'm aware. 

TNThomas said:
    Many competitive multiplayer games will put you in a higher league if you win a lot. To think of it as punishment is a very pessimistic view.