General Discussion

INDEX TO UNANSWERED TOPICS

hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 27 in General Discussion
You have a question or a topic that is unanswered for more than a month list it here. Maybe the community can help you, maybe hutch will reply but let's make sure we don't forget about it.

Even if one or the other topic might raise a bit of emotions, make sure to have the discussion in the belonging thread. This is a glossar.

pls link when the topic was first brought up and where else to find news about it.
Post edited by hillclimber on

Comments

• ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe i should have written it here instead of making a thread in the car corrections forum...

Please fix the 6x6, it's the least useful car in the entire game which is sad since it should be good.
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    preventing of late entry
    this topic is very old and I couldn't find when it was first brought up. This are two threads where it was discussed.
    https://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/5304/an-idea-to-combat-last-minute-entry-winning-main-prize/p1
    https://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/6887/late-join-thread1000/p1
    if you know others pls quote.

• Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 600 admin
    This is a nice idea! It looks in practice like the bugs/features that you think are most important?

The Demon Bug is one of a list of physics-simulation issues (heavier cars faster-off-road, engine-upgrades-traction, upgraded-cars-sometimes-lose...). I think it's the most important one and this implies at least hillclimber agrees. Getting into the physics simulation is always time-consuming as we've learned knock-on issues can be as bad or worse than the thing we fix, so we have to be very careful. This issue has not been forgotten.

Late joining also very definitely hasn't been forgotten. I've been monitoring it over time, as the risk was there could be a feedback loop in which more and more players did it (as the more that do it, maybe the harder earlier brackets get, inspiring more to do it). This doesn't seem to be happening, late joining has been surprisingly consistent over the last 6 months. But that doesn't mean we're relaxed about it, we have plans to fix it. As always I can't commit to any time-scale as that almost always leads to more disappointment. 
  • binnerbinner Member Posts: 482 ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    This is a nice idea! It looks in practice like the bugs/features that you think are most important?

The Demon Bug is one of a list of physics-simulation issues (heavier cars faster-off-road, engine-upgrades-traction, upgraded-cars-sometimes-lose...). I think it's the most important one and this implies at least hillclimber agrees. Getting into the physics simulation is always time-consuming as we've learned knock-on issues can be as bad or worse than the thing we fix, so we have to be very careful. This issue has not been forgotten.

Late joining also very definitely hasn't been forgotten. I've been monitoring it over time, as the risk was there could be a feedback loop in which more and more players did it (as the more that do it, maybe the harder earlier brackets get, inspiring more to do it). This doesn't seem to be happening, late joining has been surprisingly consistent over the last 6 months. But that doesn't mean we're relaxed about it, we have plans to fix it. As always I can't commit to any time-scale as that almost always leads to more disappointment. 
    I would say this feedback loop you are talking about is already happening in a way. Late joining is high risk high reward. If you have a decent shot at the prize car most likely you are not willing to risk it all on a late join. I can't speak for unexperienced players who are unaware of the late join exploit but I'm sure the reason the number of late joins hasn't gone up is because most people who aren't whales are joining 1-2 days into a final if they have a decent shot and food to finish fuses if needed. And if they don't have a shot they just risk the late join. Meaning with all the varying criterias of finals some are late joining and some are not keeping numbers relatively the same. However because everyone with a shot (or so they think) is joining earlier it makes the earlier brackets still much harder than the late
  • MSteeLMSteeL Member Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭
    Your answers have been going in loops Hutch guys. Make me a believer again.
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28
    Late joining WAS a high risk reward but the repeated 15x CF being offered for every event has now meant that late joining is lower risk than ending up in a whale bracket.

I will late join the current qualifier event because in 18 months playing every day and $$$$ spent I don’t have an R390 or GTR, and I know that the top 3 in every bracket will have 3 or more of them. 

Prizes are rubbish for 290 out of every 300 players, and prize boards have nothing in them any more so it’s game over really. Lucky dip at the end
    Post edited by BoxtaS on
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With farming now destroyed there is little reason to join any event early.
  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Member Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭
    This? 

• Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Member Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭
    Also, correct names! 
    Nobody knows me as TopDrives20446.....
    Also, correct names! 
    anybody knows when the TDxxx Name Bug was reported for the first time? I just searched for one hour but couldn't find the beginning.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, correct names! 
    anybody knows when the TDxxx Name Bug was reported for the first time? I just searched for one hour but couldn't find the beginning.
    It was August last year when it started I believe, so I’d imagine it was reported around then. 
    Also, correct names! 
    It was August last year when it started I believe, so I’d imagine it was reported around then. 
    that's what my gut tells me too. still can't find the original post.