General Discussion

SCG Finals - French Renaissance (Event)

12345679»

Comments

• OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    Another report... I too was all in on this. 
    If it had gone the way of the AD events I wouldn't be playing today. 

Prior to event lucky enough to get a EB110 SS from Quali CF and a Survolt from around 15 French Premiums bought.

Had enough gold saved for 9 CFs.
    Pretty 'unlucky' here. 2 Cxperience which I vowed not to upgrade after the RQ23 AD nightmare. A useful Metropolis plus 5 Pug GTI and a 2 T16.

Then bought around 40 Premiums and got good old Trevor.

Pied one fuse into Bug and started maxing Survolt and Trevor.
    Entered Sat morning with Bug, Sur, Trev, Metropolis and Dezir.

Went ok,  reasonably in tier 1 but strong hands started showing up. Really missing that Megane.

Promised myself 10 more Premiums and got lucky on 3rd pack with a Numero 9 so that replaced the Metropolis.

Finished fairly comfortably in Tier 1 with maxed Sur and Trevor plus 3 fuses in DS 9.

So about 4 million spent (also bought a load of  Ceramics in hunt for UR food) but no gold bought (well I did for garage slots to save all C but not to buy CF)

Annoyingly not one car from 9CFs bought was used. 

Have no UR left and no Megane but other than that no complaints. 

Now the slow grind to build up the IGC again... sigh. 
    My story’s pretty similar, spent everything I had saved. Managed to get a survolt and ds9 from premiums at launch, and a Megane from the 7CF’s I bought. Maxed all epics, joined Sunday morning, pretty comfortable in the end. 

Anyone want to buy a 996 Megane?
    My story is also very similar, except there's no Bugatti or Megane in it. Oh, and the ending... I did not get the SCG. :) But this was the first update I prepared for in advance, saving lots of IG cash. I just didn't get lucky with the packs. Maybe next time.
  • kronic12kronic12 Member Posts: 3
    I spent everything I had to win that SCG, and it was my first real prize car!  But for everyone unhappy not winning it, don't be sad, it was not really worth it.  Really dissapointed with the performance, where the power???

• evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:

Prior to event lucky enough to get a EB110 SS from Quali CF and a Survolt from around 15 French Premiums bought.

Pretty 'unlucky' here. 2 Cxperience which I vowed not to upgrade after the RQ23 AD nightmare. A useful Metropolis plus 5 Pug GTI and a 2 T16.

Went ok,  reasonably in tier 1 but strong hands started showing up. Really missing that Megane.

Promised myself 10 more Premiums and got lucky on 3rd pack with a Numero 9 so that replaced the Metropolis.

Finished fairly comfortably in Tier 1 with maxed Sur and Trevor plus 3 fuses in DS 9.

So about 4 million spent (also bought a load of  Ceramics in hunt for UR food) but no gold bought (well I did for garage slots to save all C but not to buy CF)

My story’s pretty similar, spent everything I had saved. Managed to get a survolt and ds9 from premiums at launch, and a Megane from the 7CF’s I bought. Maxed all epics, joined Sunday morning, pretty comfortable in the end. 

996 megane? an impressive sacrifice, it's bound to be a problem in the future.
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:

As a dragger it’s second only to the top Bug, and that needs upgrades. In hindsight I should have left it at 696 and upgraded it if required, but I was all in, didn’t want to risk it.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    TD01055 said:

As a dragger it’s second only to the top Bug, and that needs upgrades. In hindsight I should have left it at 696 and upgraded it if required, but I was all in, didn’t want to risk it.
    the weirdest thing is that 699 is the next dragger in line, with the 969 being the worst.
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    Nacho101 said:
    greddy said:
    As a F2P, i went all in into this update. Won Scuderia pretty comfortable at the end with big gap to 3rd. 
    At the end dont know if it was worthy, as i spent entire gold stash (15k), 2.5 mio saved IG cash, all UR Food and sold entire E & D garage and majority of F and C garages looking for that Megane. 

And then there are people that opened 1pack and got a megane... such is this fortune in this game. I consider myself lucky that after 65 French packs and 4 FR CFs I got the megane.
    The most i miss is my low end garage, time to rebuild. 
    Dont worry, D, E and F are not used any more it seems
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So essentially having spent 2mil IGC and about 6k gold I find myself semi competitive.

I guess I just write of PL8 entirely and start smurfing to build for 9. Fun.
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 16
    Rawel said:
    I did a late join, I was in a group with 5 people, I was ranked number 1. 30 second before the end I did the last refresh.
    The event finished
    Around midnight I went to collect my reward.
    I got place 95. How is this possible?
    By refreshing do you mean that refresh button on the leaderboard? I had some strange experiences with it, and since then I don't believe it's working properly
    Yes that one we were a group of 5 people till the last 27 seconds, not even 30. that was my last refresh. I was on place number 1. I joined 8 min before the end. so there is no way in hell that 90 people joined our group in the last 30 seconds and won against me. I had 5 victories. there is no way you can play me in 30 seconds or less 5 times and even if you did I would not end up 90 places behind. 
    @vladimir1989
    what you're reporting is exactly the same as CMG is showing in his latest clip
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iInMAQa7us

Post edited by hillclimber on
  • RawelRawel Member Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawel said:
    I did a late join, I was in a group with 5 people, I was ranked number 1. 30 second before the end I did the last refresh.
    The event finished
    By refreshing do you mean that refresh button on the leaderboard? I had some strange experiences with it, and since then I don't believe it's working properly
    Yes that one we were a group of 5 people till the last 27 seconds, not even 30. that was my last refresh. I was on place number 1. I joined 8 min before the end. so there is no way in hell that 90 people joined our group in the last 30 seconds and won against me. I had 5 victories. there is no way you can play me in 30 seconds or less 5 times and even if you did I would not end up 90 places behind. 
    @vladimir1989
    what you're reporting is exactly the same as CMG is showing in his lattes clip

And you can clearly see it's not refreshing properly, it only shows one guy with him on the board, while it gives him four opponents to chose from
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 16
    Rawel said:
    Rawel said:
    The event finished
    @vladimir1989
    what you're reporting is exactly the same as CMG is showing in his lattes clip

And you can clearly see it's not refreshing properly, it only shows one guy with him on the board, while it gives him four opponents to chose from
    yes we know that. But for CMG and other less experienced users this must have been quiet deceiving
    Post edited by hillclimber on
  • vladimir1989vladimir1989 Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Jaco said:
    Rawel said:
    The event finished
    So if I understand you correctly, you were so miserly to think you could take the gamble to win that car even without huge investments and than you even didn't mind to invest only 100 gold for another set of tickets, allthough you could even play only 1 ticket due lack of enough time to play them all 5?

That really hurts, knowing you could have "bought" the car for only 100 gold, where others invested a lot of IGC, gold or / and time and they even missed out of that car.
    Sorry buddy, I really do feel your pain.

Good thing of you bringing it up here in the forum.
    No, I gambled, you are right. I mean I am not upset because of that. I just don't understand how is it possible to go from place 1 to 95 in 30 seconds.
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Member Posts: 438 ✭✭✭✭
    Jaco said:
    Rawel said:
    The event finished
    So if I understand you correctly, you were so miserly to think you could take the gamble to win that car even without huge investments and than you even didn't mind to invest only 100 gold for another set of tickets, allthough you could even play only 1 ticket due lack of enough time to play them all 5?

That really hurts, knowing you could have "bought" the car for only 100 gold, where others invested a lot of IGC, gold or / and time and they even missed out of that car.
    Sorry buddy, I really do feel your pain.

Good thing of you bringing it up here in the forum.
    No, I gambled, you are right. I mean I am not upset because of that. I just don't understand how is it possible to go from place 1 to 95 in 30 seconds.
    As some have said already, you entered a group last minute where people are entering and playing tickets at a frantic pace. The difference between 1st and 100th may only be 100 points or less, it’s volatile to say the least. Frankly it makes sense that u slipped so many places while not playing any tickets, not only are u getting hit but others around u were accumulating points rapidly. I would understand your frustration if u were playing in a bracket for a while and last minute u missed out because the refresh button didn’t work, but common bro u entered last minute with a relatively week hand.
  • rkorallerkoralle Member Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    The event finished
    Well, you're not the only one who tried late joining. 30 seconds is a lot of time. 94 people can easily join in half a second. How many tickets have you played?
    There is no way that someone could have beaten me  to the 95th place from first.
    Thats a bug. You sometimes only see people you have raced against. Leave the lobby and go back in. Then you will see the real amount of people...
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    I always find it interesting to read Tim's summaries of finals etc. Although this one was gonna be obvious with many players having bought FR packs, the addition of the free packs to help lower RQ players is a really good idea. Hope that continues to keep participation up
    Also helps out us RQ150 players as the lower RQ players fill up the brackets, leading to more brackets opening. It’s a win-win!
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And good smurfing is available for the 1st couple days too.  I cleared a LOT of boards in this final before moving up for comfortable T2.
  • JacoJaco Member Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭✭
    rkoralle said:
    Ozzman said:
    The event finished
    Well, you're not the only one who tried late joining. 30 seconds is a lot of time. 94 people can easily join in half a second. How many tickets have you played?
    There is no way that someone could have beaten me  to the 95th place from first.
    Thats a bug. You sometimes only see people you have raced against. Leave the lobby and go back in. Then you will see the real amount of people...
    Whaaat?
    This game has bugs??  :p
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Member Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭
    0liver77 said:
    I joined this noon. EU bracket with 478 members so far. 
    Any one with me?

Me I'm 4th IG:Abdullah fayez, I'll avoid you
    Me too, 15th. IG Paul Rickwood
    Nice to have some fellow forumers for once.
    Yeah saw you already and will avoid you Paul 👍🏻👍🏻
    Nice to see you again
    0liver77 said:
    Any one with me?

Saw you already and will avoid you for sure.
    Nice to see you again
    0liver77 said:
    Any one with me?

Saw you already and will avoid you when in range for sure.
    Nice to see you again.