General Discussion

Laguna BTCC Prelims (Event)

13»

Comments

• LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    By far I think the hardest prelim bracket I think I’ve ever been in, not sure if it’s just nobody is left to play or not.
    No way lower trophy count players should be getting the same prize structure. 
    I’m struggling to get into the top 50. I don’t know where everyone is getting these Porsche race cars...? 
    Yeh I’ll struggle for top 50 too, was 4th at one stage, must be money for all those packs somewhere. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to carbons being offered for every event
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    You know what. **** bollocks to it. Cant even break the top 100 with a choice of legendaries, many multiple epics and an absolute tonne of maxed ultras. This game is turning to utter ****.
    I feel exactly the same. And yet people with 7999 trophies (or whatever) will have got top 10 with far weaker hands. I guess it’s a sign.
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 minutes of game and earn 650 gold one Carbon and one ceramic... why spend hours and hours for few $$ and grind and grind for not open new packs or good rewards for some ceramics?
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least the finals will be a lot easier. Because that makes sense! 
  • jigajiga Member Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭
    There appeared to be only one bracket on AS for this prelim.  I was last (lost motivation and threw out a smurf for others to feed off) so was easy for me to track progress.  Total at the end 189.  

25 joined in last half hour.  Thought there would be a lot more.  Maybe there was a new bracket open for some lucky late joiners but no evidence to suggest it.  Not sure on trophy threshold but saw someone at 5.2k so at least down to 5k minimum.

We would normally have two brackets open simultaneous that may not quite fill and later opening lower filling 2nd gen brackets.

It looks like a fairly substantial drop off in player numbers.  
  • RWareRWare Member Posts: 425 ✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    By far I think the hardest prelim bracket I think I’ve ever been in, not sure if it’s just nobody is left to play or not.
    No way lower trophy count players should be getting the same prize structure. 
    I’m struggling to get into the top 50. I don’t know where everyone is getting these Porsche race cars...? 
    Yeh I’ll struggle for top 50 too, was 4th at one stage, must be money for all those packs somewhere. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I spotted you as I was trying to get back into the top 50 near the end. I posted my car list a while back, and found myself down n 70th at one point (this is after getting into the top50 and) and the highest I got to was about 26th. Mad!
  • MoogMoog Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    That was a tough bracket! Joined with 24 hours to go (life etc), and struggled for T4 even with two legendary cars.
  • HvalenHvalen Member Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    I late joined with five minutes to go (yes I know, I'm a bad man). I got T1 with an awfully mediocre hand, definitely not good enough for T1:
    RQ27 918 363
    RQ26 911 GT3 666
    RQ26 Mercedes AMG GT 663
    RQ25 Mercedes-AMG C63 969
    RQ6 Smart Fortwo EV 969

I only got fuse material from the CF, but during these days I'll take all I can get. I'm gonna late join for the finals also, as my hand then, is actually awful.
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Member Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    Not sure what I’m doing here... @koulantzas, @LittleEnosBurdette are there any other people to avoid before I get knocked back?

That’s exactly what I was also thinking...
    I must have had the day off school when all the 917’s were given out so no chance of holding this down but I’ve avoided you both. Some forumers smurfing I see also. 

Upgraded 917 and this hand and no tier 2 for me:) game is going wrong way
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TimBut said:
    @TimBut @ZotZe See you both in the top 10 - happy to work together. I’m expecting to struggle to hold T2, so any help much appreciated! 
    have you seen those hands? I don't expect t2 :D 
    How does it look up top? 
    maxed 917 gt3 and the other fillers