General Discussion

PL9 - Known issues

13»

Comments

• Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 600 admin
    RWare said:
    mals said:
    How many days do you need to fix something so easy as the auto-load?

Delete this option and add it again when it works fine. 

And of course, fired someone, this errors cant be possible.
    Deleting the option entirely could probably cause app crashes. Deleting the option could also show behavior whereby your cars are blank every time you load into that screen, it's probably not that simple.

I would advise the feature be rolled back however to it's last known working config state. Seems a better option to take.

Also, of course errors like this are possible. Code on any level is not bulletproof.
    Some good points there - a roll-back of some kind here would likely take longer than a fix, for various reasons.

Just as an update, we have potential fixes done for both hand auto-forgetting and repetitive-holding-pool-notification-message, it's now a question of whether in testing we can gain sufficient confidence in those fixes to release the update before the weekend - as there's always a chance it could create something worse. We'll see tomorrow.

We're also looking at how we could improve the testing process for this sort of thing, as we clearly need to be getting closer to 'real player' behaviour in the tests one way or another.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 27
    Hutch_Tim said:
    RWare said:
    mals said:

Deleting the option entirely could probably cause app crashes. Deleting the option could also show behavior whereby your cars are blank every time you load into that screen, it's probably not that simple.

I would advise the feature be rolled back however to it's last known working config state. Seems a better option to take.

Also, of course errors like this are possible. Code on any level is not bulletproof.
    Just as an update, we have potential fixes done for both hand auto-forgetting and repetitive-holding-pool-notification-message, it's now a question of whether in testing we can gain sufficient confidence in those fixes to release the update before the weekend - as there's always a chance it could create something worse. We'll see tomorrow.
    So then why have you started a new prize car event, which could conceivably be highly impacted by the save hand bug?
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will that possible fix sort the hands reverting to a previously played hand?
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Member Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Tim Top Drives used to have a beta test program, at least for Android users (I was actually part of that!) up until around the first Suzuki Pikes Peak event. Bringing something back like that and collecting player data and behaviour for even a week prior to world release would allow you to see what works, and what doesn't and hold back release until things are smoothed out.
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 600 admin
    HeissRod said:
    Hutch_Tim said:
    RWare said:
    mals said:

So then why have you started a new prize car event, which could conceivably be highly impacted by the save hand bug?
    As an event with a tighter requirement, we should at least be able to avoid the situation where you auto-forget-hand means you use completely the wrong hand (as other hands won't qualify). So in theory, if we don't manage to fix it, it would create some awkwardness for players (having to re-load/re-build your hand for each ticket) but it should be similar for all players? But we're really hoping we can get this fixed. Also, I don't think we'd take the chance if this was a Final on the line.
  • rei348rei348 Member Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    HeissRod said:
    Hutch_Tim said:
    RWare said:
    mals said:

As an event with a tighter requirement, we should at least be able to avoid the situation where you auto-forget-hand means you use completely the wrong hand (as other hands won't qualify). So in theory, if we don't manage to fix it, it would create some awkwardness for players (having to re-load/re-build your hand for each ticket) but it should be similar for all players? But we're really hoping we can get this fixed. Also, I don't think we'd take the chance if this was a Final on the line.
    Almost lost T2 in mercedes event only because every ticket it was reverting to a hand with 2 all surface instead of 2 offroad tires... 
    Funny thing, the new hand i was suppose to have auto loaded in mercedes event, it was auto loading in TBT '80...
    The first day this update worked and was really nice to have, a serious QOL improvement. 2nd day became a nightmare 10 times worse than before....
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rei348 said:
    Hutch_Tim said:
    HeissRod said:
    Hutch_Tim said:
    RWare said:
    mals said:

Almost lost T2 in mercedes event only because every ticket it was reverting to a hand with 2 all surface instead of 2 offroad tires... 
    Funny thing, the new hand i was suppose to have auto loaded in mercedes event, it was auto loading in TBT '80...
    The first day this update worked and was really nice to have, a serious QOL improvement. 2nd day became a nightmare 10 times worse than before....
    Almost lost Tier 1 in the TBT event because my hand kept reverting to an early iteration with two Silvias instead of RS200s - so while the specific criteria prevent extremely different hands from entering, it allows earlier (often weaker) hands
  • RWareRWare Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    Any news on the hand bug?

Hard to think this is still plaguing your live environment.
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re-installing the app seems to have worked for me (iOS), knock on Wood.
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Golf GTI TCR shows up under the prize car filter 
  • jigajiga Member Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2
    I haven't had any problems with the autosave since i was force updated yesterday.  got my fingers crossed that continues.  However i am continuing to find the disappearance of saved hands very annoying.  It is as if they are on a timer to auto-delete after 24 hrs or something.
    *not 24 hrs.  I saved a hand an hour ago and it has already gone
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jiga said:
    I haven't had any problems with the autosave since i was force updated yesterday.  got my fingers crossed that continues.  However i am continuing to find the disappearance of saved hands very annoying.  It is as if they are on a timer to auto-delete after 24 hrs or something.
    *not 24 hrs.  I saved a hand an hour ago and it has already gone
    It seems that they delete if the app gets force closed. That's what I've found anyway.
  • bertmcfishbertmcfish Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    edited July 3
    Club events aren’t working for me today. Connection time out error on WiFi and 4G, and in different locations 

ETA now working after a few hours down
    Post edited by bertmcfish on
  • hifichrishifichris Member Posts: 274 ✭✭✭

All my hands are gone away...

One step forward, two steps backward since pl6.0. Is it possible to continue like that???