General Discussion

1 Legend per month

rkorallerkoralle Member Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
Hello to everyone.
Maybe anyone is interested in this.
I have made a small sheet about my legend garage, because in the last few month i felt quite lucky pulling those legends (most of them from ceramics).
I am f2p again after i spent around 100€ last year and realized i didn't win any event opening some specific packs.
Opening just a few packs simply isn't enough, you need to open all (it seems). And thats just way too expensive for me.

After one year i had like 8 legends, now i am at 18 (the sls coupe got degraded)- so its around one legend per month for me (including some prize cars some forum members helped me to get).

What about you?

Comments

• samagoichisamagoichi Member Posts: 828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 16 in 21 months including the campaign 12c, the R8 from the infamous faulty packs, the Cayenne GTS that i got when it was Epic and 4 prize cars.
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 534 ✭✭✭
    edited July 3
    You've been incredibly lucky in the specific cars you've pulled with at least five best in class examples among 10 legendaries. 

In the past 367 days after opening 87 CFs and 708 ceramic/premium level packs I've pulled 7 legendaries, one every 52 days on average and bang on the published drop rates.

They were an additional 12C, a 911 Turbo 2013, an SRT Viper, a Juke R, an F-type R AWD, A 911 Turbo 2006 and a 911 GT3 2013. As you can imagine with these sorts of pulls I haven't won any prize cars. 
  • rkorallerkoralle Member Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your replies.
    I think that is still ok, also waiting 52 days in average compared to the 176 days i waited in the beginning. I almost quit the game a few times at that point.
    I wanted to encourage  people waiting and waiting not to give up.

It is interesting how different experiences are - 52 days to 32 days is a lot.

To be representative we have to collect at least 100 legend cars i guess, so thats another 6 years :-)
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel kinda lucky, despite my poor performance in events. In 19 months since I won the 12c, I’ve amassed 29 legendaries, plus the demoted SLS roadster. 7 prize cars, plus the GT2 non-prize car prize, leaving 20 coming from packs. I’ve also sold at least 2.

I think 4 came from CFs and 16 from ceramics or premiums although I haven’t kept a record.
    Strange thing is, I have 4 pairs of duplicates: 959, F1 GT, Macan PP and F type SVR. What are the odds?

Sadly it feels like the days of buying ceramics are over. Haven’t been able to buy any since the prize boards changed 👎
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RQ Car Day acquired Days owned Days passed
    RQ29 McLaren 12C* 2018.02.17 501  
    RQ27 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio 2018.09.29 277 224
    RQ29 Ford GT 2018.09.30 276 1
    RQ28 Pagani Zonda F 2018.11.22 223 53
    RQ28 Dodge Viper ACR 2018.12.13 202 21
    RQ28 Porsche Carrera GT* 2018.12.23 192 10
    RQ29 Bugatti EB110 GT 2019.05.02 62 130
    RQ27 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio 2019.05.15 49 13
    RQ30 Porsche 918 Spyder* 2019.06.23 10 39

I have 9 legendaries, including the 12C. 6 of those were pulled from packs, so it's not a big sample, but my numbers are much worse than yours. Average waiting time for a legendary pull is 74 days. But that includes the 224 days of waiting for my first legend after the 12C. Of course I had no idea about smarfing back then. But if I don't count that first long wait, my average is still 44 days.
    This average is probably raised to more like 3 months now with the reduced cash income. It's easy to concede that waiting for a legendary drop can be almost a year now too, and that wouldn't be too rare to happen. Quite demotivating.
  • tichoblintichoblin Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve pulled 45 legends (2 years of playing). That is almost 2 per month. But none of them is a top notch (except prize cars) - I’m cursed to pull 2 tier legends
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 4
    I seem to be quite lucky, outside of prize cars and the campaign 12c I pulled 16 over 17 months. Few real beasts but all aside the rq26 f-type find use from time to time.

Pretty sure this will take a nosedive now that the whole cash ceramic thing, the real problem of the game, was addressed
    Post edited by evilprofesseur on
  • MoogMoog Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    Car When From Days Between
    McLaren 12C 28/01/2018 Campaign
    Porsche Macan Turbo S Performance Pack 09/04/2018 Ceramic Pack 71
    Porsche Panamera Turbo 31/12/2018 Ceramic Pack 266
    Acura NSX 23/01/2019 Ceramic Pack 23
    Mercedes-AMG SLS Black Series 03/03/2019 Ceramic Pack 39
    Bugatti EB110GT 12/04/2019 CF Pack (FR) 40
    Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG003S 14/04/2019 Prize Car (7th) 2
    Porsche 911 GT2 RS 20/04/2019 Ceramic Pack 6
    Days since Legendary 75
    Average time between Legendary cars inc Prize Cars 65
    Average time between Legendary ex Prize Cars 75

I'm not F2P, I buy a 12k gold pack most months and smurf all events (except tri). Legendary cars just don't seem to like me.
  • JeckstadtJeckstadt Member Posts: 6
    I was P2P Player but after putting hundreds of euro to the game. But this hits me only with crappy cars. No i must swim with the whales at RQ150 and have ONE only ONE Legendary pulled (106 days before). So seems the luck is only on the hand of others.

The problem is that at my stage as late entry player no more chances to win are possible. Steel is the thing i get in the crowd of legendarys.
  • rkorallerkoralle Member Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
    Jeckstadt said:
    I was P2P Player but after putting hundreds of euro to the game. But this hits me only with crappy cars. No i must swim with the whales at RQ150 and have ONE only ONE Legendary pulled (106 days before). So seems the luck is only on the hand of others.

The problem is that at my stage as late entry player no more chances to win are possible. Steel is the thing i get in the crowd of legendarys.
    Try to focus on c, d e and f class events.
    Collect those slow cars, tune them, buy slots for your gold.
    Its a long journey, but soon you will realize that you can compete in those events.
    This way you earn free ceramics and gold to buy more slots and a cf from time to time.

I finish top 10 in 90% of the regular events with hundrets of slow cars i collected...
    Try to enter late in big events to earn that extra gold and maybe do a lucky pull...
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Member Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 4
    I have too much time on my hands clearly. 

I used to be occasional P2W but not for some time, and now exclusively F2P. I mix between smurfing and trying to be competitive. 

Although I appreciate my luck is better than most, I would still like the packs gods to give me more Epics (duplicates are fine) rather than anymore duplicate legendaries. Pretty please.

-  so glad I won that GT3 RS 4.0 & Carrera GT (eyeroll)
    - If anyone wants an Audi R8 Spyder V10, I will trade for a Megane Trophy

Post edited by bluedogsnoop on
  • JeckstadtJeckstadt Member Posts: 6
    rkoralle said:
    Try to focus on c, d e and f class events.
    Collect those slow cars, tune them, buy slots for your gold.
    Its a long journey, but soon you will realize that you can compete in those events.
    This way you earn free ceramics and gold to buy more slots and a cf from time to time.

I finish top 10 in 90% of the regular events with hundrets of slow cars i collected...
    Try to enter late in big events to earn that extra gold and maybe do a lucky pull...
    Men i do so an i do the best but the daylies i play today have min. 3-4 legendarys and there is no chance to compete. The last Prelims i happy with Tier 4 with the best C Cars out there. But hey im a tiny fish under whales.
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 534 ✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    Sadly it feels like the days of buying ceramics are over. Haven’t been able to buy any since the prize boards changed 👎
    With all the bonus cash from the Austin weekend event? You must have spent a lot of it on upgrading new cars then. I've bought 16 in the 8 days since the change. 
    Ozzman said:
     But if I don't count that first long wait, my average is still 44 days.
    This average is probably raised to more like 3 months now with the reduced cash income. It's easy to concede that waiting for a legendary drop can be almost a year now too, and that wouldn't be too rare to happen. Quite demotivating.
    There was a 38% drop in the prize board but some of that is added onto the end of event awards so call it 30%. That would make it 62 days, or 2 months. And that's assuming all legendaries come from credit ceramics. Once you factor in the fact that a substantial number of packs are won/bought with gold the extra time is even shorter. It's also assuming you're getting zero income from club mode, if you add that I doubt it'll change much.

• OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    With all the bonus cash from the Austin weekend event? You must have spent a lot of it on upgrading new cars then. I've bought 16 in the 8 days since the change. 
    Ozzman said:
     But if I don't count that first long wait, my average is still 44 days.
    There was a 38% drop in the prize board but some of that is added onto the end of event awards so call it 30%. That would make it 62 days, or 2 months. And that's assuming all legendaries come from credit ceramics. Once you factor in the fact that a substantial number of packs are won/bought with gold the extra time is even shorter. It's also assuming you're getting zero income from club mode, if you add that I doubt it'll change much.

Right, I might have exaggerated a bit, but it sure feels like I can open at least 30-40% less Ceramics now. I'm not playing more Clubs than "necessary" (50XP daily) because I just don't have the time, and since I have way more than 6k trophies I also rarely do well in events. Smarfing income and thus IG cash ceramic openings took a huge hit for most of us, and yes, that's where most of the legendaries come from, you just can't deny it.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 4
    Didnt knew about smurfing and that you can get decent drops from ceramics before i hit RQ150. Thats why i took a break after the 12c as i was getting hammered left and right. Only collected gold as i planned to buy the RQ150 5k gold offer and quit. The pack got me the Nissan R290 GT1 and i decided to continue, learn about smurfing and get addicted to ceramic openings.
    While i might be pretty lucky on the number of legendary drops i stilll miss many of the essential toptier epics.
                                              RQ     Days owned
    McLaren 12C                    29     452       
    Nissan R390 GT1             28     350 -  Rq150 pack
    Mclaren 650S                   29     324   
    Porsche Macan Turbo      28     284  - this day i came in 9th for the Pikes Peak, not knowing that you buy tickets late in the event lol
    Bugatti Veyron 16.4         30     280
    Pagani Zonda F                 28     279   
    Mercedes Amg Sls GT      28     274
    (PC)Mazda 787b               29     255  - good days when you hand could include ultra-rares to win a prizecar
    Porsche 911 GT3 RS        28     187
    (PC))Dodge Demon           28     164
    Cadillac Sixteen                 28       97
    (PC)Bugatti Veyron G.Sp   30       94
    Porsche Macan Gts            27       88
    Jaguar Xjr 15                      27       78
    Porsche 959                       27       59
    Caterham Seven 360        28       51
    Jaguar Ftype R CpeAwd     27      48
    Porsche Macan Turbo        28      48
    (PC)Porsche 911 GT3 RS   28      33
    Audi R8 Coupe V10+          30        9
    Ruf Ctr2                               30        3

Edit:Excuse the weird formatting :)

BoxtaS said:

Yes I’ve spent a lot on upgrades. We just had hundreds of new cars added. The bonus cash from the Austin weekend event was about 60k iirc. Almost enough for 2 👍
  • 0liver770liver77 Member Posts: 93 ✭✭✭

aprox. 1 legend per month
    0liver77 said:

aprox. 1 legend per month
    *prize 👍
  • AvengedAvenged Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    edited August 20
    I have 0 S tier after playing almost 1.5 years and spending more money than you.

P.S. Free McLaren doesn't count.
    Post edited by Gsearch on
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20
    Avenged said:
    I have 0 S tier after playing almost 1.5 years and spending more money than you.

How many ceramics have you opened?
  • walkinshawwalkinshaw Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited August 5

195 days since my last legendary. Biggest gap before this shocking drought was 100 days. 

At the point I got my last legendary I was averaging one every 57 days. That average is now one every 89 days. 

Surely I’m due right?? 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5
    Some of those gaps were painful

Note: Prize cars excluded
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Member Posts: 181 ✭✭✭

Shameless repost because my post got drowned in another thread:

Regarding drop rates, as far as it stands, your drop rate doesn’t change. You will always have the same drop rate for a legendary in the 1st ceramic or in the 12th ceramic you buy. This means that you can have a very long thirst stretch (In a case from a Forum member over 1.5 years) without gettin a single legendary.

I don’t know if this topic was ever properly addressed or if there were any useful proposings in changing that. But I’m questioning myself: Why don’t they slowly increase the drop chance of a S with every pack where you didn’t get one. (For example by 0,1%). This change wouldn’t be that crucial but it would eliminate the chance of insane unlucky pulls over a long time. It would also not be a buff for whales because they would buy the CF packs no matter what and with the amount of packs they already buy, I don’t think it would change much for them. This would only help f2p players. This system also exists in many other games.

And before anyone says that Hutch only wants our money, let’s forget this aspect for a moment. Other than that, the guarantee of getting a S car with that slow increase of pull chance over the time would buff sales in my opinion.

• 0liver770liver77 Member Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
    edited August 20
    Avenged said:

How much money did you spend in total?
    Avenged said:

Utter BS.

How many ceramics have you opened?
    Realized I didn't get back to you. I dunno, maybe 200+ Ceramics and 50 CFs. Not even a single S? It's 0.65% for Ceramics and 2.5% for CFs. So going by those, I should have 1.3 S from my Ceramics and 1.25 S from my CF.

Now I know statistics doesn't work that way, in that it doesn't actually guarantee results of course, but I'm rather behind the statistical curve and I think you can understand the frustration when people are anecdotally reporting S pulls every 3 days, and Hutch seems to have done away with low RQ limit events meaning S tiers are a massive advantage everywhere.

For now I'm working on getting more cash and opening 3 to 6 a week now with the nerfed cash flow but it's kinda hard to do that when you can't play events properly because... Y'know.
    edited August 20
    0liver77 said:
    Avenged said:

Utter BS.

How much money did you spend in total?
    300+.
  • UnknownUnknown Member Posts: 7
    I guess I am in the same boat as Avenged

Just the 1 Legend (Campaign 12C - 290 days ago), none pulled
    Appx. 330 days played (Based on campaign merc E500)

Must have opened at least 50+ CF (haven't kept count but seeing that I have owned 154 UR (91 current + 63 fused), it's bound to be more)
    Must have opened about 300 Ceramic and Premiums (Could get 1 a day on average before Hutch decided I can't even have that)

It really hurts when people post back to back legendary pulls :'(
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unknown said:
    I guess I am in the same boat as Avenged

Just the 1 Legend (Campaign 12C - 290 days ago), none pulled
    Appx. 330 days played (Based on campaign merc E500)

Must have opened at least 50+ CF (haven't kept count but seeing that I have owned 154 UR (91 current + 63 fused), it's bound to be more)
    Must have opened about 300 Ceramic and Premiums (Could get 1 a day on average before Hutch decided I can't even have that)

It really hurts when people post back to back legendary pulls :'(
    My longest stretch between Legendary pulls from Ceramics/Premiums is 457.  My longest Legendary stretch from Carbon/Premium Carbons is my current slump of 102.
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    428 days since the 12C, got 28 legendaries right now. 7 of those are prize cars. I also sold 3 or 4 legendaries i think (Panamera X2 and the bad Jag)
  • lonelyterroristlonelyterrorist Member Posts: 85 ✭✭
    467 days since E500, still only 2 legendaries not including the 12C.