Hutch, why are you afraid of us earning money?

124»

Comments

• MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it just me or does it get quiet in the forum lately?

• hifichrishifichris Posts: 384 ✭✭✭

It s not you
    Top drive is more and more over in my mind, i suppose i m not the only one feeling that
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hifichris said:

It s not you
    Top drive is more and more over in my mind, i suppose i m not the only one feeling that
    Just mentioned this in another thread, once you stop the grind its pretty easy to forget and not care about the game too much.
    The absence of many forumpeople might be a sign that they feel similar.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw this at the bottom of the first forum page. *Bump back to top.

Hutch folks, please don't wait this out and just hope we will forget. We're not going to. The longer the silence the more disillusioned we become.

• Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 623 admin
    Indeed, I thought this thread had got a bit long, so a Hutch post would effectively get lost in it, hence the dedicated thread I started last week.
    https://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/7161/economy-balance-update-28th-june-2019/p1
  • jczerojczero Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Indeed, I thought this thread had got a bit long, so a Hutch post would effectively get lost in it, hence the dedicated thread I started last week.
    https://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/7161/economy-balance-update-28th-june-2019/p1

For a post that had so many disagreement WE really doubt people would want to read that more than this thread. 
  • SchmidtiSchmidti Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    Is it just in my display of the forum, that this thread is not pushed up anymore, if there is a new post? 
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Schmidti said:
    Is it just in my display of the forum, that this thread is not pushed up anymore, if there is a new post? 

Nope, it's not just you. I just got told this and checked. It is still on page two.

That is low, really low. 

• UltimateUltimate Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimate said:
    It wouldn't be an issue if Hutch hadn't cut the cash value of the prize boards. Its a simple fix, keep the new setup, but increasing the cash cards from 250 to 1250. That'll increase the prize board value to $7,875. Still short of what it was before, but added to the new end prize values that would seem more balanced.
    I was being more generous and saying we just increase it to $1000. That way the prize boards' incomes are the same as before

3x Rare (3 x $1000 = $3000)
    3x Uncommon (3 x $250 = $750)
    3x Common (3 x $125 = $375)
    4x $1000 (4 x $1000 = $4000)
    Total = $8,125

This is really all I want honestly. Just give us what we had before as it's really backwards thinking to take away cash income from players while introducing a **** ton of new cars. 
    I miscalculated the number of cash cards there were, I thought there was only 3. Your figure is much better
  • miggemigge Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    Basil said:
    migge said:
    thats the problem. less money in farming and more cars. i even had no money to upgrade all the french rennaissance cars. now im struggling with german rennaissance cars. how do i upgrade the cars without fusing cars and less money than befor?

You could sell the cars you don't want and use the cash for upgrading. I prefer cars as with every update the new F-E-D cars are then for 'free'. And I like this game for turning cars cards and not money :-)
     thats what i am doing. but selling F cars and only getting 250$ per cash card is a little bit low. than before
  • justjukiejustjukie Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    I’m fully expecting two day events to be for CF rewards in the not to distant future. 
    I agree with this. But it still presents the issue that everyone is echoing in ALL these other threads and I'm sure you will agree with, which is all that will do is expediate the already large gap between F2P and P2W players. All the P2W will have the wallerts and garages to soak up the top 2 tiers and continue to grow while all the F2P will now have less cash to even make a play for those top tiers. I understand Hutch is a business, if they tighten the noose on F2P being able to get cash and gold as easy maybe, just maybe, we buy cash/gold/cars. I'm not sure if they are running business analytics that show something different than how we act and talk on the forums but I, for one, would not opt to purchase anything and just move on to a different timesink game.

I've quite enjoyed this game for almost 2 years. The first 6-8 months I had no idea about smurfing. I would play a hand in an event, see I was super outclassed, let that hand sit til the end of the event and collect whatever tier reward I got. Once I found smurfing, I started making cash. It felt incredible. I could compete against people who had obviously put large amounts of money into the game. But I couldn't compete EVERY event. That playerbase still stood out in certain events, especially finals, where they rightfully should. And you know what, both I and them were happy I bet. The whale felt happy cause they were crushing T1 and T2 finishes and getting a prize car payoff or a CF pack with lots of cash and gold; BUT I, as F2P, was also happy that was somewhat competitive finally after almost a year. After the American Dream patch dropped I was able to invest lots of cash and gold into packs that I had saved. I finished T1 in one for once and T2 in two others. I was also extremely competitive for the Demon to my surprise eventually finishing T2 there as well. 

I don't post much when the wrath is already being distributed by others who have been on the forum longer about changes that effect F2P because I understand it's a business. But up until the introduction of clubs, I would wager to say most of F2P and P2W were pretty happy with the gold/cash economy. I think us smurfers knew we could compete to an extent but understood whales would most likely win more times than not. Whales were happy. Smurfers were happy. Understand that the majority of us will NOT purchase in-game purchases to fill the missing cash or gold coming. We will just move on as the gap between P2W and F2P grows with each hit smurfing takes. 
  • StealthFTStealthFT Posts: 282 ✭✭✭
    justjukie said:
    I agree with this. But it still presents the issue that everyone is echoing in ALL these other threads and I'm sure you will agree with, which is all that will do is expediate the already large gap between F2P and P2W players. All the P2W will have the wallerts and garages to soak up the top 2 tiers and continue to grow while all the F2P will now have less cash to even make a play for those top tiers. I understand Hutch is a business, if they tighten the noose on F2P being able to get cash and gold as easy maybe, just maybe, we buy cash/gold/cars. I'm not sure if they are running business analytics that show something different than how we act and talk on the forums but I, for one, would not opt to purchase anything and just move on to a different timesink game.

I've quite enjoyed this game for almost 2 years. The first 6-8 months I had no idea about smurfing. I would play a hand in an event, see I was super outclassed, let that hand sit til the end of the event and collect whatever tier reward I got. Once I found smurfing, I started making cash. It felt incredible. I could compete against people who had obviously put large amounts of money into the game. But I couldn't compete EVERY event. That playerbase still stood out in certain events, especially finals, where they rightfully should. And you know what, both I and them were happy I bet. The whale felt happy cause they were crushing T1 and T2 finishes and getting a prize car payoff or a CF pack with lots of cash and gold; BUT I, as F2P, was also happy that was somewhat competitive finally after almost a year. After the American Dream patch dropped I was able to invest lots of cash and gold into packs that I had saved. I finished T1 in one for once and T2 in two others. I was also extremely competitive for the Demon to my surprise eventually finishing T2 there as well. 

I don't post much when the wrath is already being distributed by others who have been on the forum longer about changes that effect F2P because I understand it's a business. But up until the introduction of clubs, I would wager to say most of F2P and P2W were pretty happy with the gold/cash economy. I think us smurfers knew we could compete to an extent but understood whales would most likely win more times than not. Whales were happy. Smurfers were happy. Understand that the majority of us will NOT purchase in-game purchases to fill the missing cash or gold coming. We will just move on as the gap between P2W and F2P grows with each hit smurfing takes. 
    Very well said, this is exactly my experience.
    What Hutch is failing to understand is that the way they keep squeezing is doing nothing but alienate a large portion of the player base. Keep doing it and eventually we'll leave when there will be no feasible way to be remotely competitive without spending big bucks (or playing clubs!).
    We love this game, so please don't do this.
  • KeatingKeating Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
    Ultimate said:
    It wouldn't be an issue if Hutch hadn't cut the cash value of the prize boards. Its a simple fix, keep the new setup, but increasing the cash cards from 250 to 1250. That'll increase the prize board value to $7,875. Still short of what it was before, but added to the new end prize values that would seem more balanced.
    I was being more generous and saying we just increase it to $1000. That way the prize boards' incomes are the same as before

Total = $8,125

This is really all I want honestly. Just give us what we had before as it's really backwards thinking to take away cash income from players while introducing a **** ton of new cars. 
    You couldn’t have said it any better! Hutch, please listen to this man.
  • StealthFTStealthFT Posts: 282 ✭✭✭
    justjukie said:

Very well said, this is exactly my experience.
    What Hutch is failing to understand is that the way they keep squeezing is doing nothing but alienate a large portion of the player base. Keep doing it and eventually we'll leave when there will be no feasible way to be remotely competitive without spending big bucks (or playing clubs!).
    We love this game, so please don't do this.
  • KeatingKeating Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
    Ultimate said:

Total = $8,125

You couldn’t have said it any better! Hutch, please listen to this man.