High reward events

evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not sure what the impact on the game would be so feel free to point out scary consequences. 

Currently, when it comes to events with worthwhile prizes we have: 
- a tri-series final every two weeks
- a weekend carbon event
- an occasional special event or series like the pro circuit 

Last year there was, however, a Christmas event with 5x carbons for T1 and lovely prizes all around. It also, unlike most high-profile events, allowed prize car use. 

Could we do something of the sort more often, say every two months? This is potentially a part of the solution for the uselessness of prize cars currently and it would break the monotony of regular events too. 

Also don't get me started on the weekend cf events. I won multiple finals and special events and yet I've never been close to t1 in those. 

Oh and let me just say that the pro circuit is a great idea (as is the Austin challenge) and I'd love to see more of them or similar things

Comments

• pSikpSik Posts: 74 ✭✭✭
    Just attach an entry fee to the event.
    Then you can make better prizes?
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭
    pSik said:
    Just attach an entry fee to the event.
    Then you can make better prizes?
    Great new Idea 
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Bumping this back up, because I do like the idea of an occasional, high-value event, where prize cars can be used. The biggest complaints would doubtless be that this increases the divide between successful and less successful players. The flip side is players with awesome garages don't feel they get to use them to the fullest often enough. I think having an event like this run from time to time would be a reasonable balance.

The big question though is this: what would the requirements be like?

Like a Tri-series final with no prize car limit? 5x Mazda, 5x Porsche? Obviously there would then be a lot of complaints that if you don't have the relevant prize car, you can't win. Perhaps that just emphasises why they are usually disallowed in Finals events though!

What about just going out-and-out, and having a 5x Legendary requirement? I checked, a sufficient number of players would qualify now for this to work! However, the range of track sets is quite limited to avoid devolving into 5x Bugatti fest, or some variant on Chiron/Spyder/P1/Pikes Peak/787B.

Or, something like a Daily events - 5x UK, 5x RWD? Quite similar to 5x Legendary, but perhaps there are a few requirements along those lines which might work?
    My thoughts - don’t overthink it. Just try something and see how well it works. You can easily appease the lower masses by offering non-prize car as rewards, maybe even a minimum ultra rare at all tiers, or slots?
  • RuvlaRuvla Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Like a Tri-series final with no prize car limit? 5x Mazda, 5x Porsche? Obviously there would then be a lot of complaints that if you don't have the relevant prize car, you can't win. Perhaps that just emphasises why they are usually disallowed in Finals events though!
    Ban use in one hand of 2 or more of the same cars. For any race.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Bumping this back up, because I do like the idea of an occasional, high-value event, where prize cars can be used. The biggest complaints would doubtless be that this increases the divide between successful and less successful players. The flip side is players with awesome garages don't feel they get to use them to the fullest often enough. I think having an event like this run from time to time would be a reasonable balance.

What about just going out-and-out, and having a 5x Legendary requirement? I checked, a sufficient number of players would qualify now for this to work! However, the range of track sets is quite limited to avoid devolving into 5x Bugatti fest, or some variant on Chiron/Spyder/P1/Pikes Peak/787B.

Or, something like a Daily events - 5x UK, 5x RWD? Quite similar to 5x Legendary, but perhaps there are a few requirements along those lines which might work?
    5x legend is an interesting idea. Would certainly add a bit more prestige to the event itself - and to prevent a riot on IGF a concurrent event with 1x legend could be run that would yield 2x carbon instead of 5x for instance for those who can't meet the 5x requirement.

We could think about something else as a reward too. Is there something as desirable in the game as an ultra rare or super rare prize car but isn't that or packs? What else could be a reward? 
  • BasilBasil Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    edited July 15

What about using just 1 car per brand ? The main problem I see with this kind of events is that there are some cars that stick out on performance compared to other cars with the same RQ. Everybody knows the Pike cars and the Bugatti's. You will have a lot the same hands. And if you miss one of the top cars, your out.

As this High price event must be somehing rare , I would propose to make it an 'endurance' race. An event split up in 4 events (one after the other) where you have different requirements and different tracks (and you are not allowed to use the same cars in every event :-)). You'll take your thropies to the next round , so each time you enter a new event you already have trophies. Makes it more attractive to start :-). (and in this way you will leave out the late joiners as the Trophy count gives the end result). The more you play , the higher you get (if you win of course :-))

Hope it is clear what I mean :-)

• MoogMoog Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    5x legendary with an RQ limit. Or 4x legendary with an RQ limit of 130 or so?
    I'm already looking forward to the 15x CF price cars :-)
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a high RQ limit like 140 - 145 to add a bit of variety.

A missing piece type event, 2x prize car, 2x something else (brand, rarity etc)

Tri-series style are good, but they need to be relevant to each other which might be difficult to do as time went on.

One-off events every month or every fortnight might be easier to implement.

• hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:

I remember the Eldorado Event, I think it was an open match with high gold and cash rewards. You could do an event like that during a re-run weekend for the owners. It would be more satisfying than a useless legendary.
  • DabigpDabigp Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:

I remember the Eldorado Event, I think it was an open match with high gold and cash rewards. You could do an event like that during a re-run weekend for the owners. It would be more satisfying than a useless legendary.
    https://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/comment/37240#Comment_37240
    City of Gold Event back in January 2018...epic!!!
    we will never forget lol
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch, just do it. The idea is good. Give it a try, let’s see how it works, then u can make some adjustments if necessary.
    I just don’t want it to become a year long discussion, like this certain tactic, that is effective, allowed but not encouraged.
    I agree,.. let's play. On the other hand,.. it can even go faster. Skip the event and just give us some CF's. I'm in need of some good RUF's it seems :-)
  • UltimateUltimate Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not start with the knock out phase like the rover/Ram rebel event, so people who get eliminated still have a go but won’t be too hard done by and then an all-gloves off S finals on 1 global server?
  • tichoblintichoblin Posts: 950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimate said:
    Why not start with the knock out phase like the rover/Ram rebel event, so people who get eliminated still have a go but won’t be too hard done by and then an all-gloves off S finals on 1 global server?
    The series of knock-off events might be really thrilling!
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no restriction like 5x porsche... only one restriction.. 5x legendaries or 5x prize cars!! with good rewards as some events where we can win multiples pack or a lot of gold and $$$
  • AvengedAvenged Posts: 455 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16
    Hutch_Tim said:

5x Legendary?

Way to alienate players like me who have not pulled a single one in 1.5 years, let alone five.
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i see epics events when i have 0 epics... so why not legendary event?