Formula Fun events

miggemigge Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
Why there a no Formula Fun events anymore?

i want them back  :'(

Comments

• Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is formula fun style events are what is now the club event model every now and then, I'm not saying I agree or disagree, but I'd guess that's the reason why it isnt a standalone event for now
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is formula fun style events are what is now the club event model every now and then, I'm not saying I agree or disagree, but I'd guess that's the reason why it isnt a standalone event for now
    I think that is right. Plus they dont sell CFs so if you want some low rq fun go to clubs...
    Makes it almost pointless to upgrade anything below C.
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want clubs to go through a revamp that grants prize board cards if you win a match.
  • RWareRWare Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭
    They were terrible, everyone knows what low RQ cars to keep, stalemate every time. 
    As much as I adored the FF events....they ground to a halt, you played for a 50-50 draw half the time.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, a shorter version would be more fun. I always hope for a return of these pop up events. Great addition to break the cyle of event routine.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These were part of the widespread fun cull during PL8-9. Fun in the title. Oh hell nah.
  • KeatingKeating Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
    It’s simple. Hutch has quit offering formula fun events because they can’t sell CF offers for them, just like all other low RQ events. Hutch cares most about making money and Low RQ events simply aren’t profitable. Other than club events, RQ14 cars and below are basically useless. It’s a real shame, because as an f2p player I loved low rq events as they gave me the opportunity to easily to score tier 1 or 2 easily. With today’s events where you need a CF for most of them, F2P players simply can’t do good, as tier 1, 2, and 3 are all dominated by whales. Even in lower brackets.
  • MoogMoog Posts: 373 ✭✭✭✭
    They did become a stalemate, but that's because of the format of the event right? Once you found/copied the correct combo that was it.
    Change it so that the track sets change slightly every 6/8/12 hours or so? Maybe have more than 4 track sets so that there isn't a perfect hand to start with?
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    A one-day FF event would be perfect to fill the holes on Tuesday and Saturday nights 

@Hutch_Tim ;
  • miggemigge Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    edited July 18
    Keating said:
    It’s simple. Hutch has quit offering formula fun events because they can’t sell CF offers for them, just like all other low RQ events. Hutch cares most about making money and Low RQ events simply aren’t profitable. Other than club events, RQ14 cars and below are basically useless. It’s a real shame, because as an f2p player I loved low rq events as they gave me the opportunity to easily to score tier 1 or 2 easily. With today’s events where you need a CF for most of them, F2P players simply can’t do good, as tier 1, 2, and 3 are all dominated by whales. Even in lower brackets.
    thats why i am asking to bring them back :)
  • UltimateUltimate Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FF event weren’t always low rq, sometimes the rq allowed you to slot in a couple URs or epics which then became a real slug fest. It’s one of those few events where I often had to change my 10 or more times.

I think what is missed is that we were able to play with players as low as rq45 and the chance to win a reasonable bounty as opposed to clubs. For AS that was particularly refreshing since the player pool grew 10 times and we had the chance to avoid the top players even if we joined on the first day.
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 18
    Formula fun are gone because the game isn't fun anymore
  • miggemigge Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    So Hutch please bring back the Formlua Fun events. There are a lot of supporters. Thanks. 
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    migge said:
    So Hutch please bring back the Formlua Fun events. There are a lot of supporters. Thanks. 
    there are a lot of supporters of pop-up events too, doesn't seem to matter.
    There are a lot of supporters of many car stat corrections, QOL easy changes, great ideas, etc... all of which are never addressed or even given any consideration.
    I really wonder why people bother with the various game improvement threads on this forum
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anybody ask for a reduction in prize board cards? Yet they did it.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    migge said:
    How does 8 people constitute a lot of support? 🤔

If they return a 2 day FF event and it turns into a stalemate yet again after 24hrs you should all do the decent thing and leave the forum imho. 
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    migge said:

If they return a 2 day FF event and it turns into a stalemate yet again after 24hrs you should all do the decent thing and leave the forum imho. 
    I don't think anybody here wants 2 day long boring lowRQ events. We're talking about much shorter ones to fill the gap when there's no event ending other than the daily. It wouldn't hurt anyone.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    migge said:

I don't think anybody here wants 2 day long boring lowRQ events. We're talking about much shorter ones to fill the gap when there's no event ending other than the daily. It wouldn't hurt anyone.
    Hutch will never consistently run 24hr or less events with a ceramic prize structure the same as the 48hr ones, just won’t happen, as much as we’d like it. 
  • MSteeLMSteeL Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    What about 24h FF events with just cash and gold as prizes? 
    TD42792 said:
    There are a lot of supporters of many car stat corrections, QOL easy changes, great ideas, etc... all of which are never addressed or even given any consideration.
    I really wonder why people bother with the various game improvement threads on this forum
    We are making more car stat corrections than ever before.

Also, the quality of life features introduced in PL9, PL8.1, PL8, PL7, PL5, PL4.5 were all community suggestions. It's good to want more from Top Drives, but I prioritised and introduced those features into TD specifically because they were suggested by the community.
    Alright, but there were tons of stat corrections in the forum much before pl9, and only few real changes were taken into account. Is it because you discarded many of the requested changes?
    As for QOL changes, sorry to be so direct, but I can only recall seeing 1 or 2 per PL, when there are many more easy ideas in the thread. The few QOL changes that were made are not “nice to haves” to please forumers imho, they were urgently needed for the game not to implode (eg lock car function, without it the game would be unplayable now given the hundreds of cars added).
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 507 ✭✭✭✭
    We are making more car stat corrections than ever before.

Looks at the Audi corrections *autistic screeching*
  • AnzatoroAnzatoro Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    migge said:

Hutch will never consistently run 24hr or less events with a ceramic prize structure the same as the 48hr ones, just won’t happen, as much as we’d like it. 
    Super rare inflation?