General Discussion

PL8.1 - Club Events Discussion Thread

Comments

• justjukiejustjukie Member Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    binner said:
    So I broke my ankle last weekend and figured since I'm off work and unable to do much I would buy the double cash offer and play clubs alot this week while I have nothing else to do. And to my surprise I must say hutch is right with all their data. Playing pretty much constantly I definitely have earned lots of cash. Probably even a bit more than I used to earn while smarfing!! And it's really easy too, all you have to do is break a bone and get time off work and voila  clubs is as profitable as smarfing used to be!! Just my little tip to help all you wondering how it's possible to make money anymore 😉
    Perfect! I will go hiking this weekend but instead wear my running shoes for the lacking ankle support. 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    binner said:
    So I broke my ankle last weekend and figured since I'm off work and unable to do much I would buy the double cash offer and play clubs alot this week while I have nothing else to do. And to my surprise I must say hutch is right with all their data. Playing pretty much constantly I definitely have earned lots of cash. Probably even a bit more than I used to earn while smarfing!! And it's really easy too, all you have to do is break a bone and get time off work and voila  clubs is as profitable as smarfing used to be!! Just my little tip to help all you wondering how it's possible to make money anymore 😉
    Dammit I had ACL reconstruction just before clubs and was off for 3 weeks. Could have made a killing. I'll have to rush back to football so I can tear it again...
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    binner said:
    ...while losing 1/3rd of your gold income
  • vladimir1989vladimir1989 Member Posts: 387 ✭✭✭
    So can someone explain me how this works, I mean what is with the daily 50XP what happens when you reach it? Do you get transferred somewhere? is there a bigger reward?
    I do not play clubs, so it would be nice if someone explained the reward system here.
  • REALAISREALAIS Member Posts: 126 ✭✭✭

Each XP rank gives more rewards. Its not much tho.
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Golden sun event
    All rain. 

Yeah that cheks out
    Why didn’t they just call it ‘Golden Showers’?

Oh, hang on...
  • RexKwonDoRexKwonDo Member Posts: 46 ✭✭✭
    Are any of you finding that you aren't getting credit for top 10 finishes sometimes?  In the last couple of days I've had several times where I'm clearly top 10 at the end of a match, but my "Performance" results are only paying out for top 25%.  I'm thinking maybe there's some backwards rule I don't know about, like if you use too many red cars the game penalizes you for thinking you're all that. 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe top 10 has been limited to literally top 10 from both clubs battling?
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31
    RexKwonDo said:
    Are any of you finding that you aren't getting credit for top 10 finishes sometimes?  In the last couple of days I've had several times where I'm clearly top 10 at the end of a match, but my "Performance" results are only paying out for top 25%.  I'm thinking maybe there's some backwards rule I don't know about, like if you use too many red cars the game penalizes you for thinking you're all that. 
    Haven’t noticed any problem with top 10 rewards. But just to be sure - it’s top 10% Club players, not top 10 club players.
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Member Posts: 257 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31
    O__VER said:
    The will to play clubs is gone.

Clubs hasn't been updated since launch aside from some garbage reward changes. Clubs needs changes and fast.
    That's the best part. The only changes they made with clubs since the release (except the duration change), was nerfing the rewards. "Because of inflation."
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not even getting my 50xp each day anymore... 
  • RexKwonDoRexKwonDo Member Posts: 46 ✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    Haven’t noticed any problem with top 10 rewards. But just to be sure - it’s top 10% Club players, not top 10 club players.
    Thanks @43MK4, I think you hit on my problem.  That 10% mark is probably what kills me.  I was thinking Top 10 club players in my head instead of top 10 percent. It's probably events where there are very few players entered that this is happening.  
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1
    RexKwonDo said:

Its top 10% not top 10 as @43MK4 ; pointed out... however I think there is a bug. I had one event where I was second over all (I think I was MVP for my club) and had played 10 races... I was on the event screen when it ended so am certain. You know what my reward was... I got 1000 measly dollars!! basically none of my rewards were paid out.

I've noticed this a few times now. However on the flip side I've also been awarded MVP when I was second in my club  - Elvis Choi was first of course  :D  so you win some you loose some

I did contact support but they gave me a generic response... At which point I left it.
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nacho101 said:
    RexKwonDo said:

Its top 10% not top 10 as @43MK4 ; pointed out... however I think there is a bug. I had one event where I was second over all (I think I was MVP for my club) and had played 10 races... I was on the event screen when it ended so am certain. You know what my reward was... I got 1000 measly dollars!! basically none of my rewards were paid out.

I've noticed this a few times now. However on the flip side I've also been awarded MVP when I was second in my club  - Elvis Choi was first of course  :D  so you win some you loose some

I did contact support but they gave me a generic response... At which point I left it.
    To be honest I don't think support know enough about the game to be of any use. Even passing on feedback on bugs. Who was it on here that messaged support about TD and they gave a generic answer for entirely the wrong Hutch game?
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished several times in Top 3 without getting the Top 10 bonus. At first i thought maybe i didnt pay enough attention, but as it kept happening.... i just quit playing clubs :)
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished several times in Top 3 without getting the Top 10 bonus. At first i thought maybe i didnt pay enough attention, but as it kept happening.... i just quit playing clubs :)
    maybe there were only 5 people from your club in the lobby : p?
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, possible. But it just felt so unrewarding to do a bunch of races for that little money that i switched to 1 race farming.
    The weeks before i made ok-ish coins with Top 10 finishes, now it isnt working most of the time. Im curious if something has been changed in the payout?
    Given you are right.... If only 9 players from my club are in the event... 2nd to 9th wouldnt qualify for Top 10%. Can someone confirm this?
    edited August 1
    Sure, possible. But it just felt so unrewarding to do a bunch of races for that little money that i switched to 1 race farming.
    The weeks before i made ok-ish coins with Top 10 finishes, now it isnt working most of the time. Im curious if something has been changed in the payout?
    Given you are right.... If only 9 players from my club are in the event... 2nd to 9th wouldnt qualify for Top 10%. Can someone confirm this?
    That’s the way I understand the rules for cash rewards in clubs.
    example:
    lets say 28 players joined event from your club and you ended up as number 3.
    you will not make it to top 10%. Instead u will receive reward for top 25%.
  • MoogMoog Member Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭
    Is the club map global across all servers in a single instance? ie, are all Top Drives players worldwide playing against each other?

Moog said:
    Is the club map global across all servers in a single instance? ie, are all Top Drives players worldwide playing against each other?

I believe so
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, there are few players or only few players playing clubs 😏
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is a confirmation:

• TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As crappy as these prizes are, I actually think clubs are a valid way to earn small amounts of money.
    you eye an event that is about to finish, then join with an ok hand, and boom, 1000 cash.
  • REALAISREALAIS Member Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    As crappy as these prizes are, I actually think clubs are a valid way to earn small amounts of money.
    you eye an event that is about to finish, then join with an ok hand, and boom, 1000 cash.
    Exactly how I play it. I do around 7-10 events per day with 1 race per event. 8k minimum per day I am getting
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no match for the 30k+ we get from farming dailies and stuff...