General Discussion

PL8.1 - Club Events Discussion Thread

Comments

• REALAISREALAIS Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    Ofcourse. Im not interested to play more than 1 race per event. I need 10 races for 2500. I better do one race for 1200-1600. 

But cash income is boosted through event prizes and weekly challenge.
    On average I am getting I think more money than before. But I agree, clubs are not fun as I expected to be. Too many restrictions and requirements.
    First race you see if it is dry or wet and then put best hand and rinse and repeat.  Not fun for long run at all. I am only after 50exp.

• MSteeLMSteeL Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    You are one in a million then Rex. Good for ya. 
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well put @SSV

I spend time thinking about my tactics, but I don't have infinite time to play the game. Having been strategic in my garage building, and also in observing which race tracks had potential for getting more than 50pts for a win, coupling that with smarfing the daily meant that I could earn enough to open some extra ceramics. That in turn led me to becoming more competitive in some events. 

Those of us not in the two extremes SSV listed are going to fall badly behind from now on. Very demotivating.
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭
    RexKwonDo said:
    In a week like this where I'm on boring conference calls all day I can pop into clubs for a minute or two at a time throughout the day.
    That's really the only way Clubs are efficient. But for me and I think many other players, this won't work. I only have enough time for this on Weekends and to be honest, I have better things to do in my freetime.
    RexKwonDo said:
    -Outside of the weekly challenge, it's the only place in the game where my lower RQ cars matter. 
    -I don't care a bit about territories and how my team places.
    -The rewards don't justify any interest.  
    Everything wrong with Clubs. Lol
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2
    RexKwonDo said:
    -Outside of the weekly challenge, it's the only place in the game where my lower RQ cars matter. 
    -I don't care a bit about territories and how my team places.
    -The rewards don't justify any interest.  
    Everything wrong with Clubs. Lol

Rex is showing what is essentially human nature - adapt to your environment. Smurfers did that with the daily, and it was deemed against the spirit... and maybe someday Hutch will decide we can't just enter and play one hand in clubs. It'll be five minimum, or 10. Maybe you have to use a hand that uses all the RQ score allowed. maybe a timer in between joining an event and putting out a hand to discourage the throwing together a mish-mash of hands.

How long before Hutch stop telling us how to play the game, and just letting us play how we want? Doesn't that keep the player base happy?

Post edited by RobGripes on
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think big players don't play clubs!! and with common events you don't need to be a big but you need a good garage with common maxed!!
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    i think big players don't play clubs!! and with common events you don't need to be a big but you need a good garage with common maxed!!
    I certainly don't bother unless the rq limit is high or the best hand is easy to figure out. I imagine it's the same way for top legacy players 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has the doubler been removed? I'm off work this week so thought I might give it a try to see what earnings are possible, but I cant find it?!?!
  • binnerbinner Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    Has the doubler been removed? I'm off work this week so thought I might give it a try to see what earnings are possible, but I cant find it?!?!
    You have to finish a club event when the reward screen pops up there's a message that says something like "double reward for next week 499gold" and you buy it from there
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Member Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    Can you tell me the income after using it.
    Blue2moro said:
    Gonna note start and end figures tomorrow. I'm at ~150k today but that's including all income (prize boards, holding area sales and event rewards etc).
    It's a joke that you dont get to see the final standings. Under 2min to go and I was first in my club with a gap of over 150 points. In the enemy club there where only two guys, both with minus points. I leave Clubs to spend some tickets on normal events.
    What happens as I join clubs again to see the end result? Yes, I suddenly finished only in the Top 10. How is that possible? 
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 7
    Blue2moro said:
    Blue2moro said:
    Gonna note start and end figures tomorrow. I'm at ~150k today but that's including all income (prize boards, holding area sales and event rewards etc).
    since I'm laying in bed with a disc prolapse I bought the doubler too. I haven't entered the fast buck event and was only able to farm the other events limited because I'm missing the low cars. but with playing clubs intensively I earned 300k+ within one day.

so yes, with PL 8.1 you can farm more than before but at a huge time consumption. the spread between ppl with a lot of time was increased with clubs as it was with the nerfed prize boards between f2p and p2w. so the biggest losers of those changes are f2p with limited time to play. I'm not sure if that is helping the game or even hutch in specific. 
    In approx 90 mins I've earned 55k from all sources:
    Clubs 39,500
    Prize boards 2,750
    Challenge 500
    Sold cars 14,275

Clubs I've been mostly sniping with 1 or 5 races.
  • REALAISREALAIS Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    Yeah. But straight 90min for app game is a lot. 
    I would guess that 5 races is very good option to do. 
    edited August 7
    Impressive number @hillclimber , hope you get well soon. Do you remember the time needed?
    Given a double Mvp pays out 9k you need to achieve that 33 times in a day. Lets say you can Mvp 4 events an hour (which is a lot for mvp as you cant snipe too many) it is over 8 hours of continous playing. 3 events each hour result in 11h total, each break or even Top 10 adds to the time. The math is not waterproof but i needed a way to visualze it for me.
    Respect for endurance and good money, Doing this for several days would burn me out and require to quit my job, guess i prefer to stay broke.
    today I'm doing better, thank you.

You can't MVP 3 events in one hour unless maybe if you would only play common ones, since the cars basically don't have a maintenance time, but that would be a hell of a work. most of the time I didn't go for MVP,  only joining the soon ending events, sometimes even the losing ones and played at least 4 races that pays out something between 4-7K I would say.
  • RWareRWare Member Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭
    I guess it depends how many wins are given to you from the opposition.

Whilst I regularly play 1-5 races in a club race, there have been times I went in, did 10-0, and came back to MVP
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right Ryan. Sometimes i open an event, do my 5 races and get mvp there. Works best if you are the only player of your team for a while, so the other guys have to race you.
    that doesn't work for me anymore, every time I try a weak "comrade" follows. that's why I was wondering if this are real accounts or just moles. 
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    or i work or i play!! :/  i can't earn  a lot.. and this spamming of tickets or entering every club event that finish.. no thanks.. it's not funny and i not enjoy it!!
    I just miss the days when I was getting $1000 cash cards in the prize boards. I still can't believe nobody has addressed the cash issues in a few weeks too. 
    I think I do a good job by constantly complaining about the prize board nerf. :)
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, im back. 

Small feedback and recomendations: 
    1)  Add small Weather conditions icon to event tab. 
    2) Maybe also add small icons of tracks in there
    3) Remove city streets from Circuit breaker / remove slalom from Speed of light / remove all irrelevant tracks from events
    4) Remove requirement like 3x Ultra rare, 2x German
    5) Top players shouldnt be able to race vs bottom players. Top5 players only race vs top5 for example.
    6) Do you really need 4 hours to calculate results?  Since clubs requires a lot of free time, its pretty annoying to not being able to play when I have some.
    7) Money booster consumes all the earnt gold from clubs. I think we should still have some benefit like 200 gold

I know you are quite short now on resources, but I hope you would be able to implement those in 1-3 sprints.