PL8.1 - Club Events Discussion Thread

Comments

• AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never got the chance to race the guy on top, only a mix of the guys below. Any idea what happened here?

• TD42792TD42792 Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    With the doubler it is quite easy to make 20k+ per hour if you are on for that whole time.

Say you're willing to put in 3 hours of solid clubs play a day then yes it's possible to earn enough cash for 2 ceramics per day. It is worth buying the doubler in that respect but with the doubler you feel you absolutely have to play to make the most of it and honestly, I've only been doing it for 2 days and I'm sick of it.

The biggest issue is the absolute tonne of club events at low RQ. Today in particular whenever i went in almost all events available were RQ30 or less. For the few events that were RQ100+ they were inevitably full so entry wasnt possible.

The process of different RQ restrictions and/or other requirements (3xuk 2xus OR 5xfwd etc etc) mean you cant even save some pre made hands to make the whole experience of farming clubs easier. Having to spend a good few minutes selecting a hand every single time is just draining. Seriously tedious stuff. Searching through your garage for an RQ3 or 4 car with low 0-60 or good grip is just BORING. Better filters would help that (an rq slider for min max would be absolutely amazing).
    Nobody has the time or patience to play that mess of a game mode for that long. In fact, I'd rather watch paint dry. 

Also the doubler is 499 gold. There's so many better places to put that kind of gold to use. It's honestly a rip off. I just miss the days when I was getting $1000 cash cards in the prize boards. I still can't believe nobody has addressed the cash issues in a few weeks too. 
    Remind me, how long does the doubler last for? 1 season, so 2 days? Cost 499G?
    Doing some calcs, will post results when I am done.
  • binnerbinner Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    Blue2moro said:
    With the doubler it is quite easy to make 20k+ per hour if you are on for that whole time.

Say you're willing to put in 3 hours of solid clubs play a day then yes it's possible to earn enough cash for 2 ceramics per day. It is worth buying the doubler in that respect but with the doubler you feel you absolutely have to play to make the most of it and honestly, I've only been doing it for 2 days and I'm sick of it.

The biggest issue is the absolute tonne of club events at low RQ. Today in particular whenever i went in almost all events available were RQ30 or less. For the few events that were RQ100+ they were inevitably full so entry wasnt possible.

The process of different RQ restrictions and/or other requirements (3xuk 2xus OR 5xfwd etc etc) mean you cant even save some pre made hands to make the whole experience of farming clubs easier. Having to spend a good few minutes selecting a hand every single time is just draining. Seriously tedious stuff. Searching through your garage for an RQ3 or 4 car with low 0-60 or good grip is just BORING. Better filters would help that (an rq slider for min max would be absolutely amazing).
    Nobody has the time or patience to play that mess of a game mode for that long. In fact, I'd rather watch paint dry. 

Also the doubler is 499 gold. There's so many better places to put that kind of gold to use. It's honestly a rip off. I just miss the days when I was getting $1000 cash cards in the prize boards. I still can't believe nobody has addressed the cash issues in a few weeks too. 
    Remind me, how long does the doubler last for? 1 season, so 2 days? Cost 499G?
    Doing some calcs, will post results when I am done.
    It lasts 7 days
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, must have been done before, but with my calculations break-even is at 6,129 IG$ per day.
    I.e. if you make more than 6,129 IG$ per day in clubs (without the doubler), then it is a good deal to buy the doubler.

Assumptions:
    - All cash made in clubs is used to buy ceramics at $32,500 per pack
    - Gold used to buy the doubler would be used to buy a CF at 1,499 G
    - 1 CF is equivalent to 4 ceramics, based on the chances to get a legendary

Calculations:
    A. Without doubler
    6,129 x 7 days = 42,903 IG$ made in a week, equivalent to 1.32 ceramics, equivalent to 0.33 CF packs
    Plus gold of 499G (0.33 CF packs) saved by not buying the doubler => total of 0.66 CF packs in a week
    B. With doubler
    6,129 x 7 days x 2 = 85,806 IG$, equivalent to 2.64 ceramics or 0.66 CF packs

Now, while this could look tempting, I still do not think it makes sense:
    - You have to ‘commit’ to make 6k from clubs every day
    - All you get is cash, ie you really need to want to buy ceramics. I think gold is much more valuable than that, especially to buy slots, tickets or event-specific carbon fibers, which cannot be bought with cash. Especially for long term players with a large garage, ceramics will deliver duplicates most of the time, and the only way to sort of target the cars you want is to buy themed CFs

Perhaps if you could buy it for 1 or 2 days that could be interesting, if you know you have nothing better to do for 2 days (mhhh....) and want a cash boost to buy some premiums or get food for URs
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commiting to 6k per day from clubs is hardly challenging. That's like 2x 1 race snipes per day.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Ceramic > CF comparison isn’t done correctly.  Based off Legendary chances, sure, but you’re forgetting the guaranteed minimum Ultra Rare from the CF.
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TimBut said:

6) Do you really need 4 hours to calculate results?  Since clubs requires a lot of free time, its pretty annoying to not being able to play when I have some.
    The 4 hours of down-time at the end of a season is for waiting till all running events finish, not for calculating results. It seems unnecessary because an event, though theoretically can last for 4 hours, it hardly does.
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
    From Clubs in daily basis without double money I am getting at least 10k. Today I will get 15k. 1200$-1600$ per event. I am doing like 10 events with 1 race per day.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Circuit Breaker - 3x offroad tracks, including a motocross on my first ticket! Good thing i am just sniping a win.

Who thinks of these?
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    Circuit Breaker - 3x offroad tracks, including a motocross on my first ticket! Good thing i am just sniping a win.

Who thinks of these?
    It shouldn't be part of the game to guess what surfaces and weather you're going to have to work with. Shocking UX design right there.
  • TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    RobGripes said:

Who thinks of these?
    It shouldn't be part of the game to guess what surfaces and weather you're going to have to work with. Shocking UX design right there.
    Actually it is. We dont know track conditions when usual events start. Usually we are waiting while someone enter end share info. But those who are not waiting for info - have the same experience. 

But its supper annoying to select hand 2 times just to make few wins in your few minutes brake.  So yeah, there should be indicate of track conditions in clubs
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13
    Club unavailable for anyone else?

Edit: able to access after an app restart 
    Blue2moro said:
    Club unavailable for anyone else?

Edit: able to access after an app restart 
    If I have this error, I just back out to home screen and go back in events and it works fine. Its happens for me if I am leaving game inside events for long time.
    edited August 14
    Something is broken with the counter and ranking. Exited the event etc, nothing helped.
    Another thing i noticed... I opened the event and did 7 races which should place my ghosts on all(?) tracks, the other guys still seem to win against Hutch bots even now 15 minutes into the event and 12 own races (see 3rd screen). Somehow the wins/losses seem to be messed up, i should have way more wins when i look at their stats, and who are they loosing to?

edited August 14
    The white one in the middle is my event, Midnight 64. Can someone check if you are able to join please?! Looks different from the other open events.
    Edit: Event finished and i got a solid Top 10 finish lol. I would suspect there were more players in it, i just never got to see them...
    Still bugged.

I made that blue hole and I'm proud of it, sorry Legacy. :) I have to admit, Clubs can be fun sometimes, even though it's still way too time consuming for the rewards.

Ozzman said:
    I made that blue hole and I'm proud of it, sorry Legacy. :) I have to admit, Clubs can be fun sometimes, even though it's still way too time consuming for the rewards.

How did you do that? 
    RobGripes said:
    Ozzman said:

How did you do that? 
    I pushed forward when the sector became attackable, and got surrouned quickly. Only one other teammate could join, and then only Legacy guys were able to do so. It was a Winter Warriors event with 5x Style Icons requirement, not many people have a good hand for that i guess. Legacy players kept joining and losing against me. I only got one loss, but by that time the sector was mine. My teammmate got beaten badly, but my lead was just enough. We lost the surrounding sectors though. It was fun.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    RobGripes said:
    Ozzman said:

How did you do that? 
    I pushed forward when the sector became attackable, and got surrouned quickly. Only one other teammate could join, and then only Legacy guys were able to do so. It was a Winter Warriors event with 5x Style Icons requirement, not many people have a good hand for that i guess. Legacy players kept joining and losing against me. I only got one loss, but by that time the sector was mine. My teammmate got beaten badly, but my lead was just enough. We lost the surrounding sectors though. It was fun.
    Oh yeah, that was a good fight. I was barely able to beat you but you had too much of an advantage already. Nicely done
    Ozzman said:
    RobGripes said:
    Ozzman said:

How did you do that? 
    Oh yeah, that was a good fight. I was barely able to beat you but you had too much of an advantage already. Nicely done
    So you were the one who ruined my perfect stat in the final minutes. :D
  • 0171801718 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    I made that blue hole and I'm proud of it, sorry Legacy. :)I have to admit, Clubs can be fun sometimes, even though it's still way too time consuming for the rewards.

There are so many ways how you can play clubs and I would say there is also a lot of strategy that could be applied to it. Sadly, we never discuss those.

01718 said:
    Ozzman said:
    I made that blue hole and I'm proud of it, sorry Legacy. :)I have to admit, Clubs can be fun sometimes, even though it's still way too time consuming for the rewards.

There are so many ways how you can play clubs and I would say there is also a lot of strategy that could be applied to it. Sadly, we never discuss those.

Events/season are too short to implement proper strategies. And not totally worth time/reward in first place. Imo ofcourse.
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand it. Can somebody please explain to me how points are gathered? How is it possible that I have as much points as somebody with lesser wins and the same amount of defeats? That's not the first time that this has happened.
    Second example:
    2 wins more and the same amount of defeats as place 38 but he still got 5 points more than me.
    In general you get more points for wins than you loose points for defeats. This way deep in an event a 65:65 race stats will still show positive points.
    Regarding your screen from clubs, where you cant quitloss, im also confused why all the guys with 0-1 have different points. And who did you race to only get +6 points?
    Ozzman said:
    RobGripes said:
    Ozzman said:

How did you do that? 

Oh haha yes, the style icon of road event. I got some MVPs by running 3x land rover and 2x uncommon hummer. And it was high rq day with a limit of 125rq or something lol
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my holidays so have been playing a bit. Still think it needs a lot of tuning, the suggestions on here are great.

One thing I don’t think has been mentioned - can we get a huge prize boost if a player manages to win an event solo? At least a ceramic pack, or 32k to go and buy one? for me the hunt for a solo win is one of the few exciting bits of events
    01718 said:
    01718 said:
    MSteeL said:
    Anyone still cares about clubs? I thought that was a week thing
    Easily made me a 100k today with less than 100 races. Plus 180 Gold for first of the team. I care a lot about it. 
    was it with or without the cash booster and over how much time?
    Cash Booster. Example: This morning I was awake before my daughter. I played TD and finished 5 club tiles. I put 1 or 5 races into each of the tiles and the outcome varied regarding the win/loss of the tile (i also joined one we were totally losing), my participation medal and the ranking-medal. Incoming cash was like:

sum: 16,8k. I then continued clearing the tickets from the daily and the two other events. took me about 20 minutes, then my daughter woke up. please don't nail me down on single numbers here, it is written from memory, however the dimensions are correct.

Of course I totally understand, that when you just dont have those 10 or 20 minutes here and there, you cannot play like that. *The example set above by Rob is as valid as is mine* and i completely see that changes in the game might create benefitors and those who don't benefit from it. (However, if you have like 25 minutes a day, perhaps the ~80 gold you get from clubs are a good deal anyway?)

@Danny I even take the time to say hi and mention your resentful comment. Have a nice day.
    So you only joined the events that were about to finish?
    Isn't that a behavior we don't want to encourage?
    As far as If I rememer they even have posted a "new" guide to smurf in club events. That was at the time when the Daily event was removed. They encouraged us to join only events that are about to finish. and "snipe" them.
    I just miss the days when I was getting $1000 cash cards in the prize boards. I still can't believe nobody has addressed the cash issues in a few weeks too. 
    I think I do a good job by constantly complaining about the prize board nerf. :)