What's your Environment of choice?

Hutch_KatieHutch_Katie Posts: 156 admin
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
Afternoon All!

Here in the Top Drives office, the team are debating our favourite Top Drives environments in the game.
We want to hear your favourites to help settle the debate. Maybe your garage is born and bred for the Nurburgring? Or maybe you prefer the challenge of the Mountain?

We've listed existing options below for you to pick one of. However, if you think you have a better suggestion for a new enviroment, we want to hear these thoughts too!

The poll is open until Friday 23rd August 14:00 BST.

We're looking forward to seeing the results!

Best regards,
Hutch Katie

What's your Environment of choice? 95 votes

Tokyo
9%
PlantedZebrabobdylanprexNacho101walkinshawManUtdTobbeMSRZ23AnzatoroJackyQu 9 votes
Grand Canyon
6%
Ernst_Womoaledpx37PimKorbenDallasWout 6 votes
Black Forest
11%
samagoichiIDONTKNOWmauro07bantel_catGilTrucksNemezTNThomasPolitokoulantzasCrab23Nei_Viv 11 votes
Nurburgring
44%
ArandomgenieguyTGPDritter_seboOlli8888NinjaDesignzivailo12GT47LMkrystianwheat0rIvo_Kamburovtichoblin_HighVoltage_grandvachevossixDabigpAntounPashaParimal_2000O__VERbinner 42 votes
Santa Monica
8%
lonelyterroristDr27kaTD42792HeissRodDavid_FookZotZeKeatingalpashk 8 votes
Mountain
20%
milewski1015Jayppedraslg29JakeKRobGripesAvengedMoogchemineeHvalenjustjukieStealthFTerjuitoOzzmanUltimateUnknownkolov7winterbonexaratsarhs 19 votes
Post edited by Gsearch on

Comments

• TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nurburgring
    Hi @Hutch_Katie !
    Nice to finally meet you.

Add also "Most hated environment" 
    Also - I like nurbugring, but my favourite in events just classic set with twisty circuit, road, drag, karting, etc. 
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nurburgring
    nurburgring's lovely because it finally allows cars with great top end to shine outside of long drags. I do have soft sport for the black forest and santa monica though (grass in the forest and asphalt/sand slalom in SM), both brought a lot of variety.

Can't wait to see sand nurburgring though : p
  • bertmcfishbertmcfish Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    The classic set
  • MoogMoog Posts: 401 ✭✭✭✭
    Mountain
    I like the 'ring, but don't like the giant floaty corner names. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Santa Monica
    For some reason, I enjoy Santa Monica.
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I like the original set the most.

I do love Nur, because of what it is though
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite environment is the one suiting my garage in the best way.
    Can u add that to the poll?  ;)
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Santa Monica
    Prefer the classic set for events, purely because I can test on the campaign
  • binnerbinner Posts: 610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nurburgring
    I'd have to say Nurburgring just a because I want hutch to realize we want more real world circuits to be added
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely the original basic tracksets: fast, twisty, hairpin, slalom, drags etc.

The newer stuff looks flash, but who really knows what type of cars go better on butte etc? If I had to choose, I’d go with Monaco 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nurburgring
    I like the new environments but really REALLY miss a campaign set for them so I can test my cars outside of events.
  • lonelyterroristlonelyterrorist Posts: 118 ✭✭✭
    Santa Monica
    Have a look at the unbelievable results thread and get back to us please. Hutch Tim started to explain a few but the rest surely cannot be put down to bugs in your engine if you're planning to release more tracks, right?? 
  • SSVSSV Posts: 79 ✭✭✭

For me personally, a track is just a set of statistical parameters. ie. How many bends, how many points of low end acceleration, how likely will a car reach top end speed, how long will they spend in mid-range, etc.

New tracks are great at first - a nice little frivolous distraction - but after a week it could be Hockenheim in Germany or the Yellow Brick Road in the Land of Oz and it probably wouldn’t matter because, once I’ve got a good read on the parameters of the track, I’m just skipping to the end of the race anyway...

• GT47LMGT47LM Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    Nurburgring
    Honestly, anything with bumps or obstacles so that low clearance level vehicles do not dominate a huge majority of all maps.

The game favors low clearance vehicles in terms of RQ levels and stats, but it's time to switch it around and give medium ride height vehicles an opportunity to actually be used over low clearance vehicles 
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mountain
    Please don’t concentrate your time on discussing and constructing existing and future track additions, fix the multitude of outstanding in game issues that haven’t been resolved for months. 🤦🏻‍♂️

In terms of weight vs vs performance on non dry roads... This would actually be years...
  • AvengedAvenged Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭
    Mountain
    I love snow because it's like an eternal desert where I live. Plus I place higher because asphalt is just full of S tier spam.

Mountain for me.
  • hifichrishifichris Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    Classic tracks because of we can test on this tracks
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pick Classic Tracks too.
    Why isn't it an option?
  • juan_cruz_96juan_cruz_96 Posts: 33
    I don't have a favorite, but I like the Mountain more because it's complexity. I think that this environment is not exploded at its maximum, as well as Black Forest and Santa Monica. You could get more layouts out of them: more twisty roads, more city streets, etc.

And then, for a new environment, the community has spoke: Pikes Peak. I also suggested an airstrip in the Top Drives Show, not only for drags, but for twisty things too. 
  • GT47LMGT47LM Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    Nurburgring
    Hi All,

Thank you for giving your feedback on this subject, it was valuble information to us and everyone's been very clear about what they want from the environments in the game. Here's an update with the action taken from this Poll:

We combined the data from the Web forum with the KTPlay forums and the feedback between both forums was very similar. The Nurburgring was chosen as 'most popular' by a landslide and it went hand-in-hand with the written feedback that you want more real world tracks.

Player Feedback:
    • Original/Classic Tracks were mentioned multiple times as unlisted preferences
    • Nurburgring was very popular with people also mentioning they would like more real world locations.
    • Notable locations mentioned: Pikes Peak (as we have the cars in game already), Hockenheim, Le Mans, Isle of Man TT, Monaco, Goodwood
    • New Campaigns requested on both forums - with varied RQ challenges
    • Sand / Gravel tracks that make more use of Medium Ride Height vehicles
    • Variations of existing tracks - E.G Nurburgring with a new surface like sand.
    All of the information I fed back to the team and they are already actioning key element or planning points into the game roadmap.

Thanks again, everyone! More polls/Questions coming in the future.

Hearing all of this from you is very reassuring about the future tracks of Top Drives. I'm very excited :) 
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nurburgring
    Sand in the Green Hell, thats like calling a electric car Turbo.