PL8.1 - Club Events Discussion Thread

Comments

• baestbaest Posts: 496 ✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    baest said:
    The fact that the potential prizes at the end of the week aren't visible anywhere kind of puts me off if I'm honest, I have no idea what I'm working to attain at all.
    A week's worth of grinding the daily for cash is easily more than a ceramic's worth per day. Granted we get a little bit of cash from club events but I'd say I'm still going to be short a ceramic.

Do I see Hutch giving us seven ceramics at the end of the week? There's no damn way.
    It could be remedied if they add something like daily quests to go with Clubs.
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 507 ✭✭✭✭
    I just miss the days when I was getting $1000 cash cards in the prize boards. I still can't believe nobody has addressed the cash issues in a few weeks too. 
    I think I do a good job by constantly complaining about the prize board nerf. :)
  • AvengedAvenged Posts: 456 ✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    Jay said:
    Getting too hard to upgrade cars now. Less food and cash. Just not bothering for events anymore. Have to start saving up food for events that matter.
    Yeah pretty much. I have entered events over the last couple of days with cars at 000 because I have not wanted to waste my pitiful amounts of cash upgrading them.

Have to choose what to upgrade wisely, pretty much only choosing cars that I know will see decent use.
    Exactly that yeah. I'm wary of even doing 1.3s now because cash is such a scarce commodity.
  • justjukiejustjukie Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    binner said:
    So I broke my ankle last weekend and figured since I'm off work and unable to do much I would buy the double cash offer and play clubs alot this week while I have nothing else to do. And to my surprise I must say hutch is right with all their data. Playing pretty much constantly I definitely have earned lots of cash. Probably even a bit more than I used to earn while smarfing!! And it's really easy too, all you have to do is break a bone and get time off work and voila  clubs is as profitable as smarfing used to be!! Just my little tip to help all you wondering how it's possible to make money anymore 😉
    Perfect! I will go hiking this weekend but instead wear my running shoes for the lacking ankle support. Thanks for the heads up!
  • justjukiejustjukie Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    binner said:
    So I broke my ankle last weekend and figured since I'm off work and unable to do much I would buy the double cash offer and play clubs alot this week while I have nothing else to do. And to my surprise I must say hutch is right with all their data. Playing pretty much constantly I definitely have earned lots of cash. Probably even a bit more than I used to earn while smarfing!! And it's really easy too, all you have to do is break a bone and get time off work and voila  clubs is as profitable as smarfing used to be!! Just my little tip to help all you wondering how it's possible to make money anymore 😉
    Perfect! I will go hiking this weekend but instead wear my running shoes for the lacking ankle support. Thanks for the heads up!
  • 0171801718 Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    01718 said:
    MSteeL said:
    Anyone still cares about clubs? I thought that was a week thing
    Easily made me a 100k today with less than 100 races. Plus 180 Gold for first of the team. I care a lot about it. 
    was it with or without the cash booster and over how much time?
    Cash Booster. Example: This morning I was awake before my daughter. I played TD and finished 5 club tiles. I put 1 or 5 races into each of the tiles and the outcome varied regarding the win/loss of the tile (i also joined one we were totally losing), my participation medal and the ranking-medal. Incoming cash was like:

sum: 16,8k. I then continued clearing the tickets from the daily and the two other events. took me about 20 minutes, then my daughter woke up. please don't nail me down on single numbers here, it is written from memory, however the dimensions are correct.

Of course I totally understand, that when you just dont have those 10 or 20 minutes here and there, you cannot play like that. *The example set above by Rob is as valid as is mine* and i completely see that changes in the game might create benefitors and those who don't benefit from it. (However, if you have like 25 minutes a day, perhaps the ~80 daily gold you get from clubs are a good deal anyway?)

@Danny I even take the time to say hi and mention your resentful comment. Have a nice day.
    01718 said:
    MSteeL said:
    Anyone still cares about clubs? I thought that was a week thing
    Easily made me a 100k today with less than 100 races. Plus 180 Gold for first of the team. I care a lot about it. 
    was it with or without the cash booster and over how much time?
    Cash Booster. Example: This morning I was awake before my daughter. I played TD and finished 5 club tiles. I put 1 or 5 races into each of the tiles and the outcome varied regarding the win/loss of the tile (i also joined one we were totally losing), my participation medal and the ranking-medal. Incoming cash was like:

sum: 16,8k. I then continued clearing the tickets from the daily and the two other events. took me about 20 minutes, then my daughter woke up. please don't nail me down on single numbers here, it is written from memory, however the dimensions are correct.

Of course I totally understand, that when you just dont have those 10 or 20 minutes here and there, you cannot play like that. *The example set above by Rob is as valid as is mine* and i completely see that changes in the game might create benefitors and those who don't benefit from it. (However, if you have like 25 minutes a day, perhaps the ~80 daily gold you get from clubs are a good deal anyway?)

@Danny I even take the time to say hi and mention your resentful comment. Have a nice day.
  • ZotZeZotZe Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    krystian said:
    krystian said:
    What are the prizes when the season finishes after 4 days? CF? 'Legacy'
    5x carbon
    5000 gold and
    500000 cash
    For the winner club they should give a decent prize atleast after fighting for a 1000 cash every event
    Tbh I played crews only for first few days.Not interested at all to play it now.I only open event to claim prize and that's it.Even tier 3 is good for me as free gold and cash income.I really waited forward to see crews Ig and got this **** of ****.Lol
    Also stopped playing it a week ago ... before i just earned my 50xp day and did a mvp win, but now i just claim price every 2 days and thats all.... 😐
  • ZotZeZotZe Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    krystian said:
    krystian said:
    What are the prizes when the season finishes after 4 days? CF? 'Legacy'
    5x carbon
    5000 gold and
    500000 cash
    For the winner club they should give a decent prize atleast after fighting for a 1000 cash every event
    Tbh I played crews only for first few days.Not interested at all to play it now.I only open event to claim prize and that's it.Even tier 3 is good for me as free gold and cash income.I really waited forward to see crews Ig and got this **** of ****.Lol
    Also stopped playing it a week ago ... before i just earned my 50xp day and did a mvp win, but now i just claim price every 2 days and thats all.... 😐
  • MikethemeatMikethemeat Posts: 46 ✭✭
    mikes said:
    RWare said:
    I would like to join Legacy!
    Many would. But by the time it is unlocked, we will have disappeared from the map.
    They need to close the red club, which I don't believe has been closed at all yet otherwise everyone is going to in there 
    Last I seen from a post it was closed aswell as Legacy, so basically all the low RQ and low Trophy players are flooding Midnight. Super! A weak club that'll just lose and lose
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭

Come on Legacy, we can still do this, lol
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #dontgiveup :)
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    After today I do really have the feeling that many second accounts are in Legacy and constantly sabotaging it.
    Just a conspiracy theory.
    I think it could be that a lot of forumers joined legacy and have given up on clubs altogether now. I’m in legacy and I’ve only done one event in the last 3 weeks or so 
    it could also be that the others are better organized in discord chats.

everything is possible but something is going on. that's why I asked Tim to check. maybe this could become now Katie's first big task?

everything is possible but something is going on. that's why I asked Tim to check. maybe this could become now Katie's first big task?
    I observed that sometimes events get to 150:150 during the day. Formerly those amounts of players have only been reached during the final moments of a season. It feels like Clubs are more active all out of a sudden.

• binnerbinner Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    Are there two different events in Clubs today called Rising sun? One with rainy tracks, one with dry? It's really annoying that you can't tell which one is which.
    Oh my God I'm happy you said it. It's been driving me nuts all day. Everytime I make a std tire hand it's the dry set and everytime I make a perf tire hand it's the wet
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    Only 100% wet event is Stormchaser.
    binner said:
    Ozzman said:
    Are there two different events in Clubs today called Rising sun? One with rainy tracks, one with dry? It's really annoying that you can't tell which one is which.
    Oh my God I'm happy you said it. It's been driving me nuts all day. Everytime I make a std tire hand it's the dry set and everytime I make a perf tire hand it's the wet
    While this is 100% bad design and Tim already told us it is on the agenda, I decided to always start with performance tyres and never with slicks. 
  • binnerbinner Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    01718 said:
    binner said:
    Ozzman said:
    While this is 100% bad design and Tim already told us it is on the agenda, I decided to always start with performance tyres and never with slicks. 
    Yeah I've worked around it as well, it's just more time consuming for no reason in an already time consuming game mode 
  • TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, those events x5 caddilac rq60, I can't even join. Also I don't have suitable hand for x5 common x2 Italian.

cmon, there are always should be available events 130rq + 
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone else daily XP points being reset more than once a day?
    It is not a bad thing if a card collecting game requires you to have a versatile collection of cars.

• TGPDTGPD Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    01718 said:
    It is not a bad thing if a card collecting game requires you to have a versatile collection of cars.

Yeah, and what do you get for having a diverse arsenal? Maybe 2000$ at most. If you're willing to spend the time and become mvp, you might be able to make 3000$. That's why clubs are so rubbish, they award disproportionately to your time spent.
    TGPD said:
    01718 said:
    Yeah, and what do you get for having a diverse arsenal? Maybe 2000$ at most. If you're willing to spend the time and become mvp, you might be able to make 3000$. That's why clubs are so rubbish, they award disproportionately to your time spent.
    It all depends on your choices. Don't want to play the event? Pick a different one. Dont have time to play 15 or 30 races? Play just one or just 5. (Fun fact, often enough you can end up in the top ten or even as MVP with that). Want more cash? Use the doubler. Want more gold? Don't use the double and be happy about the 500 free gold you receive in clubs each week.

Top players argue against clubs, where they can compete with rq 75 players. They have all the advantages and still complain, I just don't understand this.

• TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    01718 said:
    TGPD said:
    01718 said:
    It all depends on your choices. Don't want to play the event? Pick a different one. Dont have time to play 15 or 30 races? Play just one or just 5. (Fun fact, often enough you can end up in the top ten or even as MVP with that). Want more cash? Use the doubler. Want more gold? Don't use the double and be happy about the 500 free gold you receive in clubs each week.

Top players argue against clubs, where they can compete with rq 75 players. They have all the advantages and still complain, I just don't understand this.

there are no competition. At least not between clubs. 
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 507 ✭✭✭✭
    01718 said:
    TGPD said:
    01718 said:

This is some delicious bait.