Skip to content

Celebrate the 2nd Anniversary of Top Drives!

Comments

• REALAISREALAIS Posts: 904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I can agree with above. We get offers everyday, these ones was slightly cheaper but only slightly.

I would love to see more different events, small series, short event times etc, something out of ordinary..It felt like same routine days.

Extra gold was nice touch, but I am T4, T5 and rarely T3 player in qualifiers, so not so big impact for me.

But like always we want more and more. It will be never enough.
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone isn't sure what went on, there were daily sale offers, 2 free packs in the store and bumper gold in the event. What parts of the events did you like? Did you miss out on anything due to timings? Were there any issues you experienced directly related to the event?
    If you sum it up like that, it even sounds sadder than it was.
    2 free "special" ceramic packs worth nothing (lower drop rates)
    Discounts for CF packs that you can only pay with real money (Do I have to say anything about this?)
    And one normal "prelim" event with higher gold rewards (where I wasn't competitive with my cars).

Yeah well, this 2 year anniversary was one of the worst anniversaries I have witnessed. It's a trainwreck compared to an anniversary of any kind from other games. Normaly the playerbase gets gifts for something special like anniversaries but we got basically discounts to spend less money for gold. No wonder everyone thinks you are greedy.

High hopes were destroyed yet again.
    I hope I'm not to harsh but that's my opinion.
  • vossixvossix Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭
    Many players play the game more than 1 year. I'm now 2 years in the game. 
    That are the player that invest the last 2 years many money. Money that help Hutch. 

But now it looks like you (Hutch) forgot this. Only 2 Spezial ceramic and in the daily reward the same. 
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    In case you're not aware of how an anniversary is celebrated in other games, here is a screenshot of what was given away to EVERY player during the 2nd anniversary of the Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes game.  This is 20 zetas (the most difficult to obtain food for increasing character abilities).  What you can't see are the details of the three other anniversary gifts given out, but you can see the notifications on the screen.  The zetas were the top gift and the others were Chewbacca shards, in-game cash, and some crystals (gold in Top Drives lingo).

What would be the TD equivalent? 3 CF packs?
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    In case you're not aware of how an anniversary is celebrated in other games, here is a screenshot of what was given away to EVERY player during the 2nd anniversary of the Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes game.  This is 20 zetas (the most difficult to obtain food for increasing character abilities).  What you can't see are the details of the three other anniversary gifts given out, but you can see the notifications on the screen.  The zetas were the top gift and the others were Chewbacca shards, in-game cash, and some crystals (gold in Top Drives lingo).

Not really sure.  If we used actual car parts to upgrade cars, with some parts being rare/difficult/slow to farm, that would be the equivalent.  Since we don't, it's hard to put a direct relation to TD.  I was mainly trying to convey how something was given that would normally take around 2-4 weeks for a top-tier player to accumulate.  The Chewbacca shards also don't have a relevant comparison here, as we don't accumulate pieces of cars, to unlock those cars.

• Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played GoH for quite a while when it 1st came out. They are used for final levelling on characters abilities in the game. So I guess the only TD comparable would be fusion food.  So equivalent might be a pack with 3 epic tokens to use to put a fuse on a legendary along with the cash to do a fuse.
  • MoogMoog Posts: 483 ✭✭✭✭
    On someone's birthday, I don't expect gifts from them, shouldn't we have all given Hutch a gift? :)
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 253 ✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Katie the two free packs are hardly worth mentioning, considering we get a free ceramic every week or so from the daily login reward.

Do you have to give free gifts as a business? Absolutely not. But you (Hutch) made a big deal about a 2 year anniversary celebration, creating hype about it, and then massively under-delivering. As others have said, you could have created a few mini events with unique (if not big) awards. Instead, the only thing you did was add a 0 at the end of the gold reward for a regularly scheduled event. Nice prize, but very underwhelming from an entertainment perspective.
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moog said:
    On someone's birthday, I don't expect gifts from them, shouldn't we have all given Hutch a gift? :)
    We gave them too much in gifts
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hope all Hutch guys have a good weekend fot the 2th anniversary of TD with our money!! LOL
  • 0liver770liver77 Posts: 359 ✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:

A free X-34 Landspeeder for everyone!
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are currently hiring for new Community Managers so each Hutch title has their own. At the moment, it's just myself full time across all titles, so once we have 2 new CM staff, you'll definitely feel even more love and attention.

that could be a job for @bobdylan!
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are currently hiring for new Community Managers so each Hutch title has their own. At the moment, it's just myself full time across all titles, so once we have 2 new CM staff, you'll definitely feel even more love and attention.

His track record as a Hutch minion isn’t too impressive. 

I don’t think he’s even playing anymore, concentrating on his UFC career. 
  • malsmals Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    I was waiting a really good offer... I saved my gold. The best decission
  • JayJay Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭✭

His track record as a Hutch minion isn’t too impressive. 

I don’t think he’s even playing anymore, concentrating on his UFC career. 
    Last log in 31st August. Looks like another long timer has left 
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    I played GoH for quite a while when it 1st came out. They are used for final levelling on characters abilities in the game. So I guess the only TD comparable would be fusion food.  So equivalent might be a pack with 3 epic tokens to use to put a fuse on a legendary along with the cash to do a fuse.
    Can you buy them with real money?
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Katie You could still offer a normal CF (only one) at 749 gold and everybody will be happy.
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Katie You could still offer a normal CF (only one) at 749 gold and everybody will be happy.
    They’ve gone for a Ceramic for 899 (discounted from 999, don’t you know!) instead. Literally the inverse of what you suggested. 
    Eh.. I tried. What more can anyone do if they don't want to make us happy.
  • Hutch_KatieHutch_Katie Posts: 259 admin
    pSik said:
    @Hutch_Katie please feel free to pass along all this anniversary convinced me to do was to continue spending next to nothing on this game.
    Tell the developers to stop trying to balance the economy/inflation and focus on building a more exciting game experience.
    The forums are full of exciting potential that consistently is ignored by whoever makes the decisions.
    I am writing up notes for the team to pass back but many of the team do read the foum posts so will already be aware of your feedback. We keep a good record of all the ideas the community come up with, so good ideas are not going into the abyss.

Not wanting to show our hand too much, but there are elements players have requested coming to the game because of feedback we're collating. We will be able to keep bringing you content you want too, with more feedback and interaction with you.