Ceramics Anonymous

sinnersinner Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭✭✭
Welcome to Ceramics Anonymous.

I'll start sharing today. Hi, my names  Allan and I'm a ceramaholic. This is my first meeting. It's beens 3 hours since my last opening, and I'm trying hard to stay strong. 

I've been trying to save my in game cash for an update for a while now.. but I get lured in by the promise of sparkly new epic and legendary pulls. Last week it was 300k , this week it's already been 100k with nothing to show for it but super rare throw aways. I know I need help , I just don't know where to start.

Perhaps someone who has battled this addiction and won could give some advice.

Thanks for listening

Comments

• mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL me too.... i said, now i don't buy ceramic and wait for next update... 33k money and i open a ceramic!! :D :D :D
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Premiums suck so hard that I don’t bother. 100k = ceramic. It’s more important to have ~10k gold, the GR intro packs were good
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nearly 900k here.  I only open Ceramics these days if I need some SR food.  Occasionally I'll get a bug, but I've been fairly good about fighting that recently.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello felllow ceramaholics, it gives me strength to read that im not the only one who is always broke. Some days the addiction gets so far... i start selling F-C cars just do get to that next pack, promising me a keeper, giving me trash. From time to time i even take some of the hard stuff, carbons.
    On rainy days i look amazed at screenshots from other players fancy all upgraded garages, while mine get constantly tattered by this urgent need. My abscence in the decent pulls thread says all about my current draws.

• evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reached 700k and cannot for the life of me break 800k. I managed to save up 7M for FR update and will probably never be able to perform such a feat of patience again.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, my names Scott. I reached 1.5mil a few weeks ago after some determined saving. I blew almost all of it with just a few B food to show for it. I'm now scraping by on 200k and fighting the urge every day. Days since last cash ceramic : 1
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Posts: 293 ✭✭✭
    i decided to keep 1m for update

got to that 1m but since there is still no sign of update i decided to spend some of it on cerammics in a way "i'll open them as long as i'm getting 2 yellows or something better than yellow"

now i have 680k because i got 2 yellows or better in like 9 or 10 packs in row before finally getting only 1 yellow
  • sinnersinner Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭✭✭
    binner said:
    BoxtaS said:
    I often buy ceramics just to sell the cars to raise cash for more ceramics. It’s not going well. 
    And when I luckily get two C class cars in a pack and sell the whole thing for roughly 6k I think to myself "this is great I'm already almost at enough money to buy another ceramic" 
    It's a vicious circle guys, acknowledging the problem is part of the solution.

Thanks for sharing.
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m clean for a couple months now with just a few small setbacks. I’m currently up to 2.9 million, getting ready for the next update.
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m clean for a couple months now with just a few small setbacks. I’m currently up to 2.9 million, getting ready for the next update.
    how? tell us your secrets for not spending a single penny for ceramics!! :D
  • binnerbinner Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    Probably because evertime he opens a cf pack he seems to pull a legendary so he doesn't feel the need to binge on ceramics like the rest of us peasants 
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been bouncing between 400000 and 432500 IG cash since PL8. Do I need to say more?
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    binner said:
    mauro07 said:
    Probably because evertime he opens a cf pack he seems to pull a legendary so he doesn't feel the need to binge on ceramics like the rest of us peasants 
    Haha, pack luck does help! I also started doing a daily ceramic after 2.5 million, to ease the tension
  • TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18
    Reported crazy (person)
    Post edited by Gsearch on
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18
    Wow, something in TD that I am doing well at (if you can call hoarding IGC doing well).
    I fear to tell you how much because:

a. You will laugh at me
    b. You might cry

Edit:

Guessing Game Round 2 - How much IGC do I have?
  • samagoichisamagoichi Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 375 000
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 mil
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    5 mil
    2 375 000
    You might have misread the intention of this meeting.
  • MalaniMalani Posts: 67 ✭✭✭
  • UncleGaryUncleGary Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    SSV said:
    It’s been like this for about three minutes now...

...and I’m already starting to sweat...

This ought to cure your sweat.
    You're welcome.
  • TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im now at 500 000, but I already feel that in next ceramics Im gonna pull Legendary!!! 

I have to be strong, I have to be strong