Skip to content

Weekly Challenge Thread

1717274767792

Comments

  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 904 ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see how many Players percentage wise are passing Round 23. And how many of those players dont have Exige or 2-eleven.
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so round 23 is doable with no Lotuses above UR. Here's my hand:
    969 Esprit S4: +113
    996 Carlton: +191
    699 340R: +50
    969 Elise 135: -50
    969 340R: -50
    Final score: 354-100
    Hope it helps someone.
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    Ok, so round 23 is doable with no Lotuses above UR. Here's my hand:
    969 Esprit S4: +113
    996 Carlton: +191
    699 340R: +50
    969 Elise 135: -50
    969 340R: -50
    Final score: 354-100
    Hope it helps someone.
    Wow you only have to have almost every UR Lotus, one even a second time an max all of them.

    Thanks fo your help but I won't be able to beat it with that requirements.
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    Ok, so round 23 is doable with no Lotuses above UR. Here's my hand:
    969 Esprit S4: +113
    996 Carlton: +191
    699 340R: +50
    969 Elise 135: -50
    969 340R: -50
    Final score: 354-100
    Hope it helps someone.
    Wow you only have to have almost every UR Lotus, one even a second time an max all of them.

    Thanks fo your help but I won't be able to beat it with that requirements.
    I'm not saying it's easy, it just looked even more impossible at first look. :) The first two races are the key here. Nevertheless 5x Lotus criteria for the final rounds of a weekly challange seems a bit too hard.
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Ozzman, that helps me as my best Lotus for over 2 years has been the 340R
  • RawelRawel Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least thanks to the meh final prize you're not missing much if you can't pass the challenge. I personaly like strict requirements, bring on 5x acura or whatever next week
  • JacoJaco Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or farm it with this 


  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double SR from the Ceramic.  Meh.
  • UncleGaryUncleGary Posts: 222 ✭✭✭

    Trying to pass this without spending any UR food. Does anyone know if a 969 or 699 Esprit S4 is better? I want to keep my options open with the Carlton until I get another one or something more important comes along.
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UncleGary said:

    Trying to pass this without spending any UR food. Does anyone know if a 969 or 699 Esprit S4 is better? I want to keep my options open with the Carlton until I get another one or something more important comes along.
    If we're talking about round 23 then you will lose the last two races for sure, so you need to maximize the points from the first two (you probably can't win the third one by more than 50 pts). For that I'd say you need a maxed Carlton and S4 as I did. I think the S4 is a 969 car, and the Carlton is a 996, but you can try it with a 966 Carlton and see if it's enough, and still keep your options.
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 904 ✭✭✭✭
    UncleGary said:

    Trying to pass this without spending any UR food. Does anyone know if a 969 or 699 Esprit S4 is better? I want to keep my options open with the Carlton until I get another one or something more important comes along.
    Lotus Esprit S4 is 699 car.
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R25:
    699 340R +50
    333 Esprit S4 +50
    699 2-11 S'Charged +50
    699 Elise 135 +50
    963 Elan SE +50
    Standard, 250-0 affair.
  • chemineecheminee Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    I think it wouldnt be this hard if we got 1.5 bonus points for Lotus. I cant remember them all but are all final challenges without bonus points? 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Closest I can get is 11 points short. Have to put an upgrade into an epic using 3 B food to get a ceramic...urgh
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    Closest I can get is 11 points short. Have to put an upgrade into an epic using 3 B food to get a ceramic...urgh
    I wouldnt suggest that.
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Round 25 smurf hand for anyone who gets there. Play in order: 

  • SquadalaSquadala Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    Drop the 5 lotus req, this is garbage, can't even win a ceramic pack any more.. Sigh.
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch could trial an improved version of Weekly Challenges. Instead of only having 1 challenge and people who finished it have nothing to do, they should implement a game mode whereby there are many challenges and the aim is to finish as many as possible. Ticket buying should be banned. Prizes get increasingly better over a few sets of tournaments and there is a time limit (e.g. two weeks). I feel that this would compensate for the loss in prizeboard prizes.
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    Hutch could trial an improved version of Weekly Challenges. Instead of only having 1 challenge and people who finished it have nothing to do, they should implement a game mode whereby there are many challenges and the aim is to finish as many as possible. Ticket buying should be banned. Prizes get increasingly better over a few sets of tournaments and there is a time limit (e.g. two weeks). I feel that this would compensate for the loss in prizeboard prizes.
    I had an idea but I'm not sure how it would go down with people:

    What about a challenge that is reasonably difficult at first and maybe rewards three ceramics, for the sake of this example. If you can fly through and complete it in minimum tickets, you get three ceramics. A few days before the end, it gets slightly easier for those who haven't been able to make it yet. It now rewards two ceramics on completion. Finally, on the last day when many people have already completed it, it gets easier again and now only rewards a single ceramic pack.

    I think this is a nice way of rewarding people for trying and rewarding garages of differing levels. I can't imagine a new player's struggles with this week's challenge if there are people who have played for nearly two years and can't finish it.
  • miggemigge Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    ask me how low players will end round 23 xD not even i can do it :smiley:
  • miggemigge Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    migge said:
    ask me how low players will end round 23 xD not even i can do it :smiley:
    How will low players end round 23? 
    :wink:
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Posts: 423 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    it's screwed when it basically comes down to car specific challenge

    i cleared last 50ish weekly challenges without much trouble but won't clear this one because i dont have either 340R or 2-eleven

    if it was just 4 Lotus and 5 UK i would be able to because i have Caterham R500
  • 0171801718 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

    O__VER said:
    TGPD said:
    Hutch could trial an improved version of Weekly Challenges. Instead of only having 1 challenge and people who finished it have nothing to do, they should implement a game mode whereby there are many challenges and the aim is to finish as many as possible. Ticket buying should be banned. Prizes get increasingly better over a few sets of tournaments and there is a time limit (e.g. two weeks). I feel that this would compensate for the loss in prizeboard prizes.
    I had an idea but I'm not sure how it would go down with people:

    What about a challenge that is reasonably difficult at first and maybe rewards three ceramics, for the sake of this example. If you can fly through and complete it in minimum tickets, you get three ceramics. A few days before the end, it gets slightly easier for those who haven't been able to make it yet. It now rewards two ceramics on completion. Finally, on the last day when many people have already completed it, it gets easier again and now only rewards a single ceramic pack.

    I think this is a nice way of rewarding people for trying and rewarding garages of differing levels. I can't imagine a new player's struggles with this week's challenge if there are people who have played for nearly two years and can't finish it.
    I like @O__VER's Idea because players who cant finish have an advantage of some farming before they finish. Also the variation between 1 and 3 ceramics sounds reasonable. What I would not like is a type of game mode that just benefits the stronger players. New players must not be discouraged to play.
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with the weekly challange is that most of the times it's either too hard, or too easy. Sure there are some players every week who find the challange "just right" (I was one of them this week), but a game mode should please all (or at least the majority) of the player base. I understand that it's hard to make a challange that suits so many different garages, but that's why the weekly challange should be a bit more complex than just 25 fixed stages for all the players. Something like the ideas mentioned here.
  • bestoffivebestoffive Posts: 35 ✭✭
    This lineup helped me through round 23, 24 and 25
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    The problem with the weekly challange is that most of the times it's either too hard, or too easy. Sure there are some players every week who find the challange "just right" (I was one of them this week), but a game mode should please all (or at least the majority) of the player base. I understand that it's hard to make a challange that suits so many different garages, but that's why the weekly challange should be a bit more complex than just 25 fixed stages for all the players. Something like the ideas mentioned here.
    Nothing wrong with a hard challenge, it’s not called the weekly giveaway. The problem is they haven’t recognised it was a hard challenge and increased the rewards accordingly. You’d be mad to fuse up even an UR to win a ceramic, slots however, or an UR / CF and you’d get no complaints. @Hutch_Tim
    Yeah I agree, a hard challange for the same prize is not a good idea. :)
    But to be fair, the definition of a 'hard challange' is not that obvious I guess. For me this Lotus challange was OK, but had it been 5x RUF, I'd call it impossible. For others is may be the other way around.
Sign In or Register to comment.