A new kind of whale

Comments

• LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    It appears now that if your legendaries or epics are not maxed, you are not going to be competitive. Even pulling a Legendary from a pack has lost its luster. Now all I think is "Well, that's a cool card, but I can't upgrade it"
    Sorry I don't agree with this, I've had my best run of prize cars (4/5 between the 405 and the m4) and I have a grand total of three legends with any feeds in them at all. Having the relevant legends and maxed epics to back them up is still the critical determinant.
    You have been lucky having duplicates of the critical cars in a couple of these though haven’t you? Reckon that evens out not having fuses in a single car. 
    mikes said:
    mikes said:
    It appears now that if your legendaries or epics are not maxed, you are not going to be competitive. Even pulling a Legendary from a pack has lost its luster. Now all I think is "Well, that's a cool card, but I can't upgrade it"
    Sorry I don't agree with this, I've had my best run of prize cars (4/5 between the 405 and the m4) and I have a grand total of three legends with any feeds in them at all. Having the relevant legends and maxed epics to back them up is still the critical determinant.
    I'm in my worst drought since the Metro. Probably won 1 prize car of the past 7 or 8 events.
    I’m exactly the same, very rarely out of tier 1 in all these ceramic events against relatively equal trophy players, come prize car criteria? Stuffed every time. 
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    mikes said:
    I'm in my worst drought since the Metro. Probably won 1 prize car of the past 7 or 8 events.
    Ooof.
    mikes said:
    mikes said:
    I’m exactly the same, very rarely out of tier 1 in all these ceramic events against relatively equal trophy players, come prize car criteria? Stuffed every time. 
    Oh yeah in ceramic events I'm 6-7/10 top 10 but very rarely top 2.
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These pesky new whales should be forced into brackets like this for finals... In with the legends (and me) to be taught a lesson...

mikes said:
    You have been lucky having duplicates of the critical cars in a couple of these though haven’t you? Reckon that evens out not having fuses in a single car. 
    I have had a good run that's true, two s8's has helped, and two acrua NSX's made that event trivial, but still I really don't think maxing legends is that important, having them at all is what makes the difference IMHO.

In order to completely disprove myself I'm now remembering how bitter I was that I landed in a really **** group for whatever event we had not long ago where 962's and 917's were eligible.  TWO 917's, 336 and 666 were still not enough.  

If this is coming off as "smug git" I'm genuinely sorry btw, it's not how it's meant.

Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue is still a good philosophy for this game.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    These pesky new whales should be forced into brackets like this for finals... In with the legends (and me) to be taught a lesson...

Good luck! Tough bracket you have there
  • chemineecheminee Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    Another candidate.  Three maxxed legends, 7650 trophy count.  Ooof.
    What if those are his only legends and he fed all his epics into it?

Im playing 2 years now and have 9 legends, incl 1 prize car and the moby dick and am at 6000 trophies. So technically it's possible. 
    Must be smurfing a lot to stay at such a low trophy count.
    cheminee said:

Im playing 2 years now and have 9 legends, incl 1 prize car and the moby dick and am at 6000 trophies. So technically it's possible. 

cheminee said:

Genuine question, why do you still play after 2 years when you obviously haven’t had much success, don’t you get bored? 
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cheminee said:

I can’t imagine anyone fusing every Epic they get into a Legendary. Talk about a top heavy garage. 
  • johns294johns294 Posts: 119 ✭✭✭
    I have been playing for many months, have spent a few hundred dollars, mostly buying packs with slots, I have had no more than 30 trophies and am currently sitting at zero. When I have the opportunity to select an opponent I generally choose the player with the fewest trophies. Sounds like that strategy isn’t the best. 
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    johns294 said:
    I have been playing for many months, have spent a few hundred dollars, mostly buying packs with slots, I have had no more than 30 trophies and am currently sitting at zero. When I have the opportunity to select an opponent I generally choose the player with the fewest trophies. Sounds like that strategy isn’t the best. 
    It's not that it's not the best strategy, it's just not a strategy at all. There's no element of choosing opponents with low trophy counts that will improve your result. Granted, a lower trophy player MIGHT have worse cars than someone with a higher trophy count, but there is no guarantee of that, as this thread shows.

For the best possible result, you should always race the person furtherest to the right that you are still able to beat.
  • chemineecheminee Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    cheminee said:

cheminee said:

Genuine question, why do you still play after 2 years when you obviously haven’t had much success, don’t you get bored? 
    Sometimes I get bored, but I still like the game. Am getting tier2 prizes quiet often but lack a good top end garage to compete for tier1. 
    Also the moby dick challenge was one of the reasons that kept me in the game.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today’s encounter: 7,230 trophies. Five maxed Legendaries. 🤦‍♂️

Holeee, I've been playing this for two years and my most tuned legend has two fuses in it.
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today’s encounter: 7,230 trophies. Five maxed Legendaries. 🤦‍♂️

Holeee, I've been playing this for two years and my most tuned legend has two fuses in it.
    And a minimum of 75 Epics.

Not even funny anymore. I don't think I've had 75 epics in 2 years!
  • ZotZeZotZe Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Öhm ... I have already fused 324 Epics ....  :o
  • ZotZeZotZe Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RWare said:
    ZotZe said:
    Öhm ... I have already fused 324 Epics ....  :o

Add 3 more... 😂
    I was young and loved this game a year ago... 
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mario_m said:
    In my daily 😢😅
    Lol, thats a lot of work to get rid of the trophys everytime you win a prizecar. And probably needs deep pockets to get this setup running. Till now the no trophy king, nice catch.
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mario_m said:
    In my daily 😢😅
    Lol, thats a lot of work to get rid of the trophys everytime you win a prizecar. And probably needs deep pockets to get this setup running. Till now the no trophy king, nice catch.
    I thought once u reach 500, 1000 trophies etc you can’t drop them below that lvl.
    in that case how can one win 500-700 trophies in a big final and drop them to 0 again?
  • SchmidtiSchmidti Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    mario_m said:
    In my daily 😢😅
    I thought once u reach 500, 1000 trophies etc you can’t drop them below that lvl.
    in that case how can one win 500-700 trophies in a big final and drop them to 0 again?
    Agree.
    With two prizecars you must have at least 1000 trophies, right? 
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glicht.. sometimes you see td name and zero trophy but he has a lot of trophies and a name
  • 0171801718 Posts: 479 ✭✭✭
    Im in the <6k bracket. At some daylies (rwd, 2 seaters) I can put out a whopping 146 RQ of supercars (all 3-3-3). Still, sometimes, I dont even enter the top 10 because there are plenty of guys with 5 Legendaries and a lot of fuses in them. I dont own a Bugatti, and most often that is my loss.

What I want to say, you might encounter more and more of those folks...
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have I missed some IR packs on sale (besides that super carbon) or are players with multiple RQ30 Lamborghinis investing a lot gold in IT ceramics?
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL how many fuses does that Black Lambo have already??