Treacherous Trail (Event)

TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
Don't fall off the edge

Comments

  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3x Volvo, and all snow... wow, another well thought out event.
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, after a bad couple of months the events are starting to get back on track. 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20
    Low RQ means even IF you had the only 4wd all Volvo's that you wouldn't be able to field them in the 3 slots (because they're A & B ) without massively compromising the 2 chevy slots.
  • JayJay Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus... Chevy CF lol
  • ElbowWobbleElbowWobble Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Wtf is this stupid Volvo event? Have they been drinking? 😂
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all seriousness, **** this event
  • SSVSSV Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    edited September 20
    I’ve got 2 Epic All-surface Volvo’s... the bit that I’m missing is the 2 RQ8 Blazers...
    Why aren’t they selling x15 Chevy Aluminium packs...?
  • ZotZeZotZe Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I quite like it 
    Various events are always good ,but not just for making plain money ... there could be sooooooo many cool events if hutch just would listen 5 % to us.
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next up, 5xslick tyres, all on wet grass
  • ZotZeZotZe Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 21
    Next up, 5xslick tyres, all on wet grass
    Dont forget the 4wd off CF packs x 15 offer then ...
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About time there’s a Volvo event
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    Typical Hutch. We get BMW events every single week; we get a Volvo event once every 6 months and every time it is an absolute atrocity. Last time it was Buick and Volvo...why Buick? No logic. Before that it was Volvo and Mini. Again completely random. 

    I guess this one is a little interesting, but I can’t even use my Volvos because I blow the RQ limit

  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

    Well great.. There's not even any other option for Chevy between RQ8 and RQ16 
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typical Hutch. We get BMW events every single week; we get a Volvo event once every 6 months and every time it is an absolute atrocity. Last time it was Buick and Volvo...why Buick? No logic. Before that it was Volvo and Mini. Again completely random. 

    I guess this one is a little interesting, but I can’t even use my Volvos because I blow the RQ limit

    Get used to BMW events... they're the most common brand in the game now. We'll be seeing far more BMW events, just like we've had with Porsche since there are so many of those too. So get upgrading your BMWs, I know I have been.

    As for this event, I can't see Hutch making an all-Volvo event too often since there are so few of them and they're all a bit garbage. They really did go wrong with the track selections though... there's literally two viable Volvos for these tracks and yet we need three? Hutch starting to encourage duplicates.
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 21
    I don't have a problem with an event where none of the available cars are really suitable. But when there is one or two, that is significantly better then all the others (and those cars are UR or Epic), then that's called a poorly designed event, that many will hate.

    01718 said:
    Some players seem to be under the impression that they should always have a shot at Tier 1. If they struggle, Hutch made a mistake. 
    Although I have admit I kinda agree with this one.
  • 0171801718 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    I don't have a problem with an event where none of the available cars are really suitable. But when there is one or two, that is significantly better then all the others (and those cars are UR or Epic), then that's called a poorly designed event, that many will hate.
    Well I see the problem with key cars, which is prevalent in the big finals, too.

    Regarding this event I think, that a trio of really good offroad cars limits the rq for the Chevis. If you lack the right Volvos you have the chance to pick some better Chevrolets. Sounds ok to me. Anyway, the prize for T1 and t2 is not too impprtant.

  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    01718 said:
    Ozzman said:
    I don't have a problem with an event where none of the available cars are really suitable. But when there is one or two, that is significantly better then all the others (and those cars are UR or Epic), then that's called a poorly designed event, that many will hate.
    Well I see the problem with key cars, which is prevalent in the big finals, too.

    Regarding this event I think, that a trio of really good offroad cars limits the rq for the Chevis. If you lack the right Volvos you have the chance to pick some better Chevrolets. Sounds ok to me. Anyway, the prize for T1 and t2 is not too impprtant.

    If the event had been a mixture of snow and wet, that would have provided a much more balanced event. This set-up is just daft, and I say that as someone who’s 130 points clear at the top of his bracket. 

    The issue here is that winning margins are so extreme, it makes planning your hand a bit of a lottery. I can take 200 points out of my opponent on one track, then give back anything from 50 to 200 on another. I don’t have a Chevrolet Colorado ZR2, but I have 2 RQ8  Blazers and three XC90s (two of them the new one). That means I give away big wins to the ZR2, but smash the standard-tyred Volvos. It’s all over the place. 
  • RWareRWare Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think James makes a valid point - in regards to that if you field a high RQ off roader against and STD tire car, the points swung your way on 1 race is crazy!

    Ive not seen it this extreme for some time tbf. I think ppl are upset because theres no low limit all surface volvos. And whilst there may be a lot of varied hands. There is one standout hand which is leaps and bounds above others.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RWare said:
    I think ppl are upset because theres no low limit all surface volvos. And whilst there may be a lot of varied hands. There is one standout hand which is leaps and bounds above others.
    If an XC70 Cross Country was added to the game, would it function as a low RQ all surface?  (I haven't researched the tires it came with)
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    But when there is one or two, that is significantly better then all the others (and those cars are UR or Epic), then that's called a poorly designed event, that many will hate.
    Doesn't that happen on a lot of events, though?  
  • StealthFTStealthFT Posts: 282 ✭✭✭
    Liked the event despite having a single Volvo offroader, RQ19 XC90. Didn't like the tier 1 prize though, yet another single RQ15. :s
Sign In or Register to comment.