General Discussion

All Porsche talk

Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic ✭✭✭✭✭Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
This thread reserved to discuss the cars posted here

Comments

• MettitiMettiti ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interested in some pre 80s Porsches
  • GT47LMGT47LM ✭✭✭ Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    I think Porsche is going to be a new force to be reckoned with once they are released. Can't wait to see the Legendary Porsche's Hutch has lined up  :#
  • martytwymartytwy ✭✭✭ Member Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    Gotta have the 918 Spyder and the 959 - bring them on!
    GT47LM said:
    I think Porsche is going to be a new force to be reckoned with once they are released. Can't wait to see the Legendary Porsche's Hutch has lined up  :#
    well, realistically, since there aren't many supercars in the game, I would think any modern 911 would be alegendary + 918 + Carrera GT
  • NumarNumar ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GT1 , 959 !!?!?
  • GT47LMGT47LM ✭✭✭ Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Considering the porsche 918 beat the P1 in the quarter and half mile plus a lap around the track (just barely), I would imagine it would be able to do the same here
  • nipan_TopDrivesnipan_TopDrives ✭✭✭ Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    when Porsche update will be available???
  • MikeManNZMikeManNZ ✭✭✭ Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    Well any 911 short of a GT2RS should be epic, there are tens of thousands made each year, just like the RS6.

You cannot put that in the same class as say a 918 or 959.
    MikeManNZ said:
    Well any 911 short of a GT2RS should be epic, there are tens of thousands made each year, just like the RS6.

You cannot put that in the same class as say a 918 or 959.
    But you COULD basically compare a GT3 RS and a 12C or a 650S, so it has to be legendary as well.
    That's my point, 25 isn't enough, cause the P1 is 25 as well, but a 12C won't go toe to toe with a P1 so....
  • dunowedunowe ✭✭✭ Member Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    Thumbs up for including the 959!! It's always been my childhoods dream!!
    What about that black carrera GT !?
    As I see it at the top end S vs. A is about rarity, not performance which is why we have RQ25 A class cars, RS6 being one of those.  For me the 911 (apart from GT1 and GT2 RS, maybe the GT3 RS 4.0) is not rare enough to be S class.
    Well the Halloween Tvr , there's only one of those ever made ... And it's RQ24, 
    That's as rare as it gets so it's not about rarity
  • mikesmikes ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be cool to get some of the less flashy Porsche's as well. 914, 924, 944, etc.

And of course the Cayenne Turbo S could set a new standard in the game for SUVs.
  • mikesmikes ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    It would be cool to get some of the less flashy Porsche's as well. 914, 924, 944, etc.

And of course the Cayenne Turbo S could set a new standard in the game for SUVs.
    Well, one of the cars has already been shown today :)
  • Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    mikes said:

Well, one of the cars has already been shown today :)
    Well, I think the 924 was posted after Mikes made his request!
    More to come.
    What are those wheels on the 944 !!?!?
    edited November 2017
    Mettiti said:
    So you have two things that make up a cars rating.

RQ is a measure of general, relative performance which is why the very versatile Audi RS6 Avant is RQ25, good in lots of events and on balance over 100+ random races it would be in the top few of the 700+ cars in TD. 

Now you have rarity which is the "Class" of card in a pack.  The TVR Cerbera is an "S Class" or in the card pack terms "Legendary" car even though on balance its relative performance is lower than the more common "A Class" or "Epic" RS6 Avant.

Hence me saying a modern 911, even the mighty 991 GT3 (and probably GT3RS) should be RQ25 cars of Epic rarity, they are not as rare as a McLaren MP12C or a Bugatti Chiron as there are thousands made each year instead of one ever (Speed 12), a few a year (Pagani, Chiron) or hundreds in one or more years (McLaren, 911 997 GT3RS 4.0).

At lower levels Rarity and performance are linked, but from B Class up they do not seem to be as much, this is what some people seem to be finding confusing, the 1955 Merc 300SL is a "Common" car but there were never that many of them to start with and now they are millions of dollars to buy as they are so rare.  The Merc 190E 2.5 Evo-II is another car that is a blue but there were only ever 500 built as homologation specials for DTM.

Hutch have made this confusing by not being consistent BUT I can see why they did it, people are already upset if they get a "****" S Class car at RQ24, imagine if it was an RQ12 Merc from 1990!
    MikeManNZ said:
    Mettiti said:
    So you have two things that make up a cars rating.

RQ is a measure of general, relative performance which is why the very versatile Audi RS6 Avant is RQ25, good in lots of events and on balance over 100+ random races it would be in the top few of the 700+ cars in TD. 

Now you have rarity which is the "Class" of card in a pack.  The TVR Cerbera is an "S Class" or in the card pack terms "Legendary" car even though on balance its relative performance is lower than the more common "A Class" or "Epic" RS6 Avant.

Hence me saying a modern 911, even the mighty 991 GT3 (and probably GT3RS) should be RQ25 cars of Epic rarity, they are not as rare as a McLaren MP12C or a Bugatti Chiron as there are thousands made each year instead of one ever (Speed 12), a few a year (Pagani, Chiron) or hundreds in one or more years (McLaren, 911 997 GT3RS 4.0).

At lower levels Rarity and performance are linked, but from B Class up they do not seem to be as much, this is what some people seem to be finding confusing, the 1955 Merc 300SL is a "Common" car but there were never that many of them to start with and now they are millions of dollars to buy as they are so rare.  The Merc 190E 2.5 Evo-II is another car that is a blue but there were only ever 500 built as homologation specials for DTM.

Hutch have made this confusing by not being consistent BUT I can see why they did it, people are already upset if they get a "****" S Class car at RQ24, imagine if it was an RQ12 Merc from 1990!
    Too long ... Didn't read 
  • ExoExo ✭✭ Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
    It’s a big update so probably in a week
    In december they said so probably a bit befor christmas between 5 and 15 ...
    Exo said:
    It’s a big update so probably in a week
    Probably in a year 
  • Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numar said:
    This sounds about right!
  • PlantedZebraPlantedZebra ✭✭✭ Member Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    How about the 964 Turbo? The ultimate Wangan Machine! It looks quite cool, too.
    Need boxster , 918 , old 911's , speedster , GT1 , Cayenne for Off Road
  • RoHaNSwAmIRoHaNSwAmI ✭✭ Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    This thread reserved to discuss the cars posted here
    When these beautiful Ladies are coming.....
    Man keep reading it's 2 post away

Numar said:
    This sounds about right!

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭ Member Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

Great, at least one 356 confirmed. Actually I wish few more 356 models could be in the Porsche lineup, and at least one of them coupe (confirmed), one convertible and one roadster model.

EDIT: convertible and roadster 356's also confirmed :)

Here is some other my favourite Porsches, that would be nice to have in Top Drives:

911, I wish 911's from all generations, and both naturally aspirated and turbo -models included, as well as 4wd Carrera 4's and coupe, convertible and targa models (911SC is my favourite Porsche).

935, racing version of Porsche 911 (930).

914, nice targa model, it's like a classic version of Boxster.

928, nice engine.

924 (confirmed), 944, 968, nice cars.

Boxster, all generations.

Cayenne, Macan, all generations.

959 (confirmed), dream car.

Carrera GT, 918 Spyder, another dream cars.

Post edited by mikasa on
  • TheMazaRiniTheMazaRini ✭✭ Member Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Numar said:
    This sounds about right!
    Can add in game Porsche Cayenne turbo S, Macan Turbo S, its so nice cars, and maybe Porsche Panamera turbo S
    I only want the Carrera S tbh... the 991