You know what's a scam?

TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
Tags.

Hear me out.

American Dream, French Renaissance, German Renaissance (so creative) etc...
These are designed for us to pay more money.

If you had an immaculate American garage before AD was pushed out, you cannot use them in AD events.

If you had an immaculate French garage before FR was pushed out, you cannot use them in FR events.

If you had an immaculate German garage before GR was pushed out, you cannot use them in GR events.

You see a pattern? I certainly do.

Not only are there extra incentive to coerce you to purchase AD/FR/GR CF's for a prize car finals that are always imminent, it completely destroys the previously built-up garage. It also harms P2W to F2P's.

As long as they push these kinds of updates out on a regular basis, there are infinite reasons for you to splurge whenever one update comes out (which is pretty much never so we're fine).

This is ridiculous . Whoever came up with that idea must be sitting quite comfortably in his/her office right now. Not us.
Post edited by Hutch_Gsearch on

Comments

• TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you just realized that? 

And now we are gonna have IR or any other country update

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Just to offer an opposing thought to chew on .... If they didn't have tags, then previously built garages would overrun new release cars. Why would anyone be interested in new release cars then?
    Post edited by HeissRod on
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    also the constant overkill of CF offers
     <3 
  • Twinkie_eeTwinkie_ee Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    Just dont buy em ad fr gr packs... i dont do it and dont play those events... still got a good garage tho
  • RawelRawel Posts: 906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can precisely see when they stopped caring about the actual cars - last "team favourite" tagged cars are from the porsche update
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭✭✭

• mikesmikes Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that it creates a perpetual spending cycle, but it also lowers the bar to entry for new players who would otherwise be too daunted. 

If I'm new to the game and just coming off the campaign when German Renaissance drops, then I’m on a level playing field for the glut of GR events as everyone else. Now, you can debate the merits of rewarding the fresh spending of new players who can beat the hard-earned garages of veteran players, but without that mechanic in place, the game would have a pretty tough time convincing new players to try to compete with garages that are two years in the making. 
    Yup. Think of the French Renaissance. If that tag didn't exist then the entire update would be pointless as 5 Veyrons would still dominate.
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Talking about tags
    Is the eco friendly tag exclusive to electric cars?
    Shouldn't hybrid cars get it too?

Edit: I just found one Mercedes that is a hybrid and it does have the eco friendly tag but a new GR BMW which is a hybrid car doesn't have the tag 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 236 ✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Just to offer an opposing thought to chew on .... If they didn't have tags, then previously built garages would overrun new release cars. Why would anyone be interested in new release cars then?
    You need not think of them as "new cars." Imagine you just now started playing Top Drives - you would have no idea which are new and which are old cars. And that's how it should be. I agree with TGPD. Because this is a racing game (or was it a collection game, I keep forgetting ;), a car's performance and stats (including country of origin) should have nothing to do with how recently it was added to the game.