Any sneak peak to the new updates?

1567911

Comments

  • TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant imagine madness and anger pulling Pagani zonda s from italian premiums after Lamborgini release. 
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TimBut said:
    I cant imagine madness and anger pulling Pagani zonda s from italian premiums after Lamborgini release. 
    Well, I pulled an SLS gt from german premiums after the GR release... and of course to top it off Hutch subsequently changed the sls roadster to epic :) I was really happy
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    not many people care about Japanese cars and most of great ones are already in game
    pretty sure 99% of people would rather have Lambo/Ferrari or Aston than SsangYong or something like that

    for lower end of Italy they could add some Alfas like Stelvio and some older ones, maybe some old Maseratis (possible new new brand if they are doing Italy), some rally Lancias, update Fiat + old Lambos/Ferraris

    possible UK update is also weak on lower end
    SsangYong is Korean not Japanese and don't presume what most people want. Yes I would love to see some Italian supercars added but equally I would love to see Toyota and Lexus in game - despite the fact that's unlikely.
  • baestbaest Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    I’m actually totally cool with all new cars being added and always looking forward to new additions.
    I definitely want all those annoying bugs eliminated from the game. It’s been neglected for too long. But at the same time I want new cars.

    Playing many CCG/TCG games before I would also say that TD is a game where cards (cars) lose very little (if any) value over time.

    Its not like a “hero bla bla bla RPG” where in January u get this top tier “fire goblin” and by summer it’s being beaten by 5 other goblins incl most recent addition “supreme shadow fire goblin hero elite”
    They do lose value, as the events they become useful in or catered to are fewer and further between.
  • 0171801718 Posts: 494 ✭✭✭
    baest said:
    43MK4 said:
    I’m actually totally cool with all new cars being added and always looking forward to new additions.
    I definitely want all those annoying bugs eliminated from the game. It’s been neglected for too long. But at the same time I want new cars.

    Playing many CCG/TCG games before I would also say that TD is a game where cards (cars) lose very little (if any) value over time.

    Its not like a “hero bla bla bla RPG” where in January u get this top tier “fire goblin” and by summer it’s being beaten by 5 other goblins incl most recent addition “supreme shadow fire goblin hero elite”
    They do lose value, as the events they become useful in or catered to are fewer and further between.
    How does the deflation of car values relate to the inflation of currencies (or the attempt to keep currency flow constant)?
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 934 admin
    edited September 2019
    This is a bit of a dev update - it's more about the process of feature development, if you're interested in that sort of thing.

    I’d describe future development as more deliberate - we have put in real effort to planning proper time for server integration tests when estimating the size of features. We’ve also implemented new processes for load testing every server-based feature. This slows down feature development, but will reduce the likelihood of stability issues or bugs, learning from issues in TD and those that have troubled other Hutch games.

    In the long run, the hope is these pretty strict processes ensure better stability and fewer bugs, but also led to us developing and releasing more quickly. It's too soon to know exactly what we need to do to get to that place, what time savings we should expect, and when we’re likely to see the benefits. These are ongoing discussions we’re having as a team as we improve our processes.

    PL10 is really a small feature update in some ways, but compared to PL5, also a small feature update that looked at the same game area, it’s a world away. We’ve really come so far. The focus of the update is rebuilding Filters to include lots of new, requested functionality. The key is that’s not something I’d be prioritising if we were winding down development, it’s still building for the future.

    That mantra continues in every update. To give a fake example of a made-up feature, we wouldn’t ever build a one-off multiplayer Tournament, I’d want us to invest in Tournament creation tools. This takes longer, but gives far more flexibility and opportunity to figure out what works. The popular structures in TD, Tri Series and Austin Series, were never created in code - they emerged in design from having built flexible Events and Ladder (internal name!) tools.
  • SchmidtiSchmidti Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    Are we talking about days, weeks or months? 
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭✭✭


    PL10 is really a small feature update in some ways, but compared to PL5, also a small feature update that looked at the same game area, it’s a world away. We’ve really come so far. The focus of the update is rebuilding Filters to include lots of new, requested functionality. The key is that’s not something I’d be prioritising if we were winding down development, it’s still building for the future.

    Does that mean PL10 isn't gonna incude new cars/manufacturers?

  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 934 admin
    Does that mean PL10 isn't gonna incude new cars/manufacturers?
    Every .0 update will include new cars, so yes it will. My post was just discussing feature development specifically.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will it be called PL X to follow the fad of certain tech device/software manufacturers.  :D
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    Will it be called PL X to follow the fad of certain tech device/software manufacturers.  :D
    No. PL X.0
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no 0 in Roman numerals!
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    table prize changed? no F cars and now 500$ and not 250!! and 5 gold  now like pre club update!!
    Jeez, don't comment something like that. I'm on mobile and didn't know which thread im in. For a moment I thought that was real... Happy 5 seconds
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    table prize changed? no F cars and now 500$ and not 250!! and 5 gold  now like pre club update!!
    Jeez, don't comment something like that. I'm on mobile and didn't know which thread im in. For a moment I thought that was real... Happy 5 seconds

    Probably a glitch, but it’s real for now 

  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    table prize changed? no F cars and now 500$ and not 250!! and 5 gold  now like pre club update!!
    Jeez, don't comment something like that. I'm on mobile and didn't know which thread im in. For a moment I thought that was real... Happy 5 seconds

    Probably a glitch, but it’s real for now 

    Ok, happy im ok haha, thought i saw a 500er too earlier, but all the next cash was 250 again.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to be only some prize boards for me.
  • ThatPorscheGuyThatPorscheGuy Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    if this means the update is close that'd be nice

  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only events started tonight.. in daily started this morning i have 250 and F cars... in the others two, no!!
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Yeah, I just picked up 5 gold twice on a fresh board from my 1st 2 picks.
    Now to figure out which card on the board the 4th D has replaced.
  • kaje73kaje73 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    Gsearch posted on the IGF that the prize boards giving the old prizes is a glitch. May take until tomorrow to fix. 
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A nice glitch, sometimes! 😂😂😂
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭
    I stopped playing TD, even didn’t play any event the last week and waiting for the new update I hope it not about money milking for no content again because if it is I’ll delete my account👍🏻👍🏻
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a huge disappointment, the higher prizeboards are just a glitch and will be nerfed asap.
    Really thought for a moment Hutch came out of the box to do something nice and long needed.
    Nothing in here about it. Is that something else only communicated on the emoji forum?
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    What a huge disappointment, the higher prizeboards are just a glitch and will be nerfed asap.
    Really thought for a moment Hutch came out of the box to do something nice and long needed.
    Nothing in here about it. Is that something else only communicated on the emoji forum?
    Yes, Gsearch posted it over there.
Sign In or Register to comment.