New Player - need alittle help

Hello folks,
so Im totally new to the game, been playing for a couple days and I like it more and more....now, I only did little research and am still confused...maybe you can help with some advice.
if theres a thread somewhere already with explanations pls link it too.

I do want to spend some money for packs and whatnot, but as of now I totally dont know what to buy first or what do to first as a starter (currently RQ 48).
would appreciate any help as far as first steps goes.

Comments

• EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭
    Slots are the most valuable thing to spend gold on in the early stages of the game, having insufficient variety of cars will not only cause you to do badly but to lose out on the entire income from some events as you won't be able to enter them at all (restrictions get tighter as you go up in RQ). 

Generally when it comes to spending gold on packs Carbon Fibre are the only sensible option, maybe the odd particularly cheap ceramic pack offer (under 200-250 gold). Which carbon fibres you buy early on doesn't really matter, they all have the same odds for higher rarity cars and there's a good variety of cars needed so almost all have cars in them that are key for some event or other.

If you're talking about in-game credits then you should be looking at ceramics rather than premiums as they have better odds. Premiums only become useful when you're hunting specific cars.
  • D3nzelloD3nzello Posts: 100 ✭✭
    I see...how many slots should I aim for? roughly

and thank you for the help :)
    As many as you need, Several hundred at least. You'll get to a point where you're not adding many new cars because you've got most of the super rare and below ones and the the occasional special offers which include slots are enough to keep up with your higher rarity additions. 
  • luckylumpiluckylumpi Posts: 67 ✭✭✭
    At the start you will not need that many slots, as your garage has to be build up. You should have an eye on your car offers as soon as you reached a new 'full' RQ level (RQ 50, RQ 60,...). The program will then present offers to you that will contain car pack(s) and slots for a very low price - but always only in gold and only valid 24 hours. So collecting gold by viewing ads and try to join in the events to get some prices will bring you to a good amount of gold. Try to build up an amount of gold (offers are 499 Gold or 999 Gold, as far as I remember) before you reach the next RQ step. 
    But in general I would agree to spend gold mostly for slots - or for such good combined packs.
    alright, now that I spent some more time with the game Im still kind of confused with some stuff....for example, when is it best to use RWD and FWD cars? and where do you check if a car has a good mid-range-acceleration?
    also are the events recurring or is it always new ones with different requirements?
    also I would appreciate links to fanpages/youtube vids that are must see.

thx alot guys
    In the dry there's no difference between front and rear wheel drive, in the wet and off-road rear wheel drive cars maintain more of their performance. As a result RWD cars with standard, all surface or off-road tyres will generally be at a slightly higher RQ than front wheel drive cars that perform the same in the dry.

You check whether a car has good mid-range acceleration by watching how it accelerates around the middle of it's speed range compared to other cars at the same RQ.

Daily events and club events are recurring, others are one-offs.
    btw, is there a sheet or a list or something that shows what car stats are best for all the different races? i.e g-force, test bowl, tokio bridge etc etc.