Challenge Season 2, October 2019 - June 2020

Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 671 admin
edited July 12 in General Discussion

Welcome to Challenge Season 2!

Once a month, beat the weekly challenge to win a VW Type 2, not available from packs. This will give you access to a bonus weekend challenge with great prizes. Three monthly challenges make up one Arc. At the end of an arc, the bonus weekend challenge will also award a prize car:
  • Arc 1 ends in December 2019 and will award the 2006 Mini Cooper S Works GP prize car
  • Arc 2 ends in March 2020 and will award the 1995 Acura NSX-T prize car
  • Arc 3 will finish Season 2 in June 2020 by awarding the 1998 Lamborghini Diablo GT prize car!
To qualify for the prize car at the end of an arc, you’ll need have to collected the prize car from all 3 of the monthly challenges leading up to it, as well as enough cars from previous arcs - which includes previous seasons. Here's how Season 2 will work:
  • To win the Mini in December 2019 you’ll need all three 1966 VW Type 2's, and also have collected at least 2 Austins from Season 1.
  • To win the Acura in March 2020, you’ll need all three 1970 VW Type 2's from Arc 2, at least two 1966 VW Type 2's from Arc 1, and at least 1 Austin from Season 1.
  • To win the Lamborghini in June 2020, you’ll need all three 1979 VW Type 2's from Arc 3, at least two 1970 VW Type 2's from Arc 2, and at least 2 1966 VW Type 2's from Arc 1.
This pattern will continue when we move on to Season 3. So to win the prize car at the end of each arc, you’ll need all 3 prize cars from that arc, and at least 2 from the each of the 2 previous arcs.

Confused? Just win everything you can, and good luck!

--------------

Behind the scenes notes

While a lot of people enjoyed the Austin challenge series, the biggest problem was that newer players could miss the start and then have no big prize to aspire to. Even though that's a natural side-effect of a challenge intended to reward committed players, we felt we could do better.

The structure we're introducing in Season 2 is our answer to this: no matter when you start, you're always at most 4 arcs away from a prize car, and once you're up to speed you can win a C+ prize car every quarter. For example, a player who starts in January 2020 won't be able to get the Season 2 Arc 3 prize car (as they missed Arc 1), but they could start collecting to win the Season 3 Arc 1 prize car, and every arc after that.

To balance the rewards out for this new format, we're switching from one S prize car in a year to a 4 prize cars a year cycling through C/B/A.

Obviously we'll also listen to player feedback on this challenge to see if it can be improved for Season 3.

Post edited by Hutch_Dmitri on

Comments

• TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    change plz C class to another B/A. Or add 1 year challenge also with S car. 
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So for Season 3, Arc 4, we will need 2 VW buses and 3 of the next cars (Alfa Spiders)?
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we have to keep 3 of each of the VW buses? Say I win 3 but sell 2 of them can I still enter to win the Mini?
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    Do we have to keep 3 of each of the VW buses? Say I win 3 but sell 2 of them can I still enter to win the Mini?
    I guess you'll need to use them in the final challange for the prize car. Just like before with the Austins, Rovers, Pontiacs and Smarts.
    Anyway these challanges are the best thing that happened to the game in the past year.
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a way to get us to buy more slots lol
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something better than Ceramics as a weekly prize, please
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    RWare said:
    Seems like a way to get us to buy more slots lol
    They.....gave us slots in weekend challenges as prizes.....no?
    That's true, i forgot lol,

I do feel like there should be a Bigger payoff as the end off the season as well tho,
    For example if you've managed to get all 3 of each of the vw bus's and all 3 prize cars, so basically finished every part of all the challenges you should get a legendary as well

As essentially that's 9 months of work. and probably the only usefull car will be 1 epic

• TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    by the way, there are some players who already have that acura. Are they gonna get second one? 
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so one year for an S and 6 month for an A? hope in more CF and slots in this 6 month... because you need to reward loyalty and some boost for new players (daily login after 550 days are a pain)
  • Twinkie_eeTwinkie_ee Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    What are you complaining about again? This seems like a really good thing for me... ofc they could add a 4th challange awarding a s prize car but this sounds good anyways
    edited October 2019
    TimBut said:
    by the way, there are some players who already have that acura. Are they gonna get second one? 
    I'm wondering that, since I already have one.

BTW, you can ask the same thing about the Mini as well.  It was given away in September of 2017, as a tier 2 prize.
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TimBut said:
    Mini was awarded before too. 
    greddy said:
    TimBut said:
    Mini was awarded before too. 
    Too slow :p
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Posts: 423 ✭✭✭
    this would be ok if it gave better cars like COPO Camaro but whole challenge for Mini, Acura and some decent Lambo seems kinda bad
  • bodyboarder03bodyboarder03 Posts: 49 ✭✭
    Only have 1 Austin so I miss out on the Mini 😔
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    this would be ok if it gave better cars like COPO Camaro but whole challenge for Mini, Acura and some decent Lambo seems kinda bad
    No.  We don't need everyone to have a COPO.  Do you not remember how fast that thing was in a recent weekly challenge?
    They're going to Nerf it to 10mra before giving it out 
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok.. great but it's a lot of time.. i spent 2 years here and daily rewards, table prize, prize events are meh.... and 6 month for an A... how can upgrade it without money and cars? same for 1 year challenge for an S...
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 904 ✭✭✭✭
    Then I would ask how do you play those 2 years.

I have been playing this game for 262 days "only". For example
    In this time I have invested in SR cars 
    11,250,225$ (Only for upgrades)
    Rares
    Over 6,000,000. (Only for upgrades)
    That was my choice to build up from bottom to top.

Ofcourse, every player is different, but there is possibility to earn cash etc.

And this garage for me is only spending for Starter pack and nothing else. Am I getting regularly T1, T2, T3? No. But I do everything to build up my garage.

I will happily fight for those 3 "unwanted" (by majority here) cars and add to my garage.

• DannyDanny Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭
    REALAIS said:
    Then I would ask how do you play those 2 years.

I have been playing this game for 262 days "only". For example
    In this time I have invested in SR cars 
    11,250,225$ (Only for upgrades)
    Rares
    Over 6,000,000. (Only for upgrades)
    That was my choice to build up from bottom to top.

Ofcourse, every player is different, but there is possibility to earn cash etc.

And this garage for me is only spending for Starter pack and nothing else. Am I getting regularly T1, T2, T3? No. But I do everything to build up my garage.

I will happily fight for those 3 "unwanted" (by majority here) cars and add to my garage.

Mate thats an unbelievable bottom end garage and I know people play for different reasons but if I were you and you want to be more competitive I’d sell every maxed car super rare and below and just keep a variety of 20 of each class. Start investing in ceramics and build your top end ultra rare and above.
  • winterbonewinterbone Posts: 39 ✭✭
    I've been playing for 290 days, i have 4 austins, not around for the first and not strong enough for the second. Obviously no moby dick for me (and also for sub 4 austins owners out there)

While i'm still grateful for the cf and stuff from the austin events, and also that there's some use for the austin in the future (mini and nsx-t), i'll take what i can get.

Somehow i can't help but feeling a bit gutted and have to ask so... no moby dick (the same as no austin players or 1,2,3,4 austins) but... the same potential reward as 2 austin owners.....?

I don't usually complain, this is good news, i'm usually excited over any top drives events, i can objectively see how this should make me happy,
    but with all the talk about rewarding old player, or the recent obvious shift of focus to newer player, its just doesn't feel very good to me.

• Twinkie_eeTwinkie_ee Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    189 fully upgradeed sr cars?? Thats completely useless... 
    Rhis is my garage and i am able to win many events and always get good rewards also in the most finals 

You should sell about 100 of your unused super rares 100 rares and also 50 uncommons and commons... you will never need them all @REALAIS
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    189 fully upgradeed sr cars?? Thats completely useless... 
    Rhis is my garage and i am able to win many events and always get good rewards also in the most finals 

You should sell about 100 of your unused super rares 100 rares and also 50 uncommons and commons... you will never need them all @REALAIS
    You think 189 fully upgraded SRs are useless. Check this one out.
    @REALAIS I’m with you buddy, play the way you like!

Ps: I didnt give the disagree!
    Post edited by TD42792 on