Instagram Contest

MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 631 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi all,
propably a bunch of you know that there was a contest on instagram over the last week an it's ending today. The requirements were pretty easy, follow the top drives account, like the picture and tag a friend. 5 people or so will be selected and win a CF + 5 garage slots, winner will be messaged per pm. 

Half of you won't probably care about it, but I for one say it's a decent idea. But then I saw that multiple "entries" are allowed? Meaning that you can tag as many friends as you like, to bolster your win chances?
So I let my detective skills play out and scrolled through the comment section and found numerous and I really mean numerous "Pack Opening" and "Top Drives Fan" accounts that are tagging as many other random sites as possible.

I don't know how winners will be determined but in my opinion the whole point of this contest is rendered meaningless if "Pack opening" accounts are going to win something just by tagging countless other sites. Make it one "entry" per person only.
My friends would call me stupid if I started to tag everyone and bother them, so my only option would be to make a new "fake" account and follow as many random sites as possible to tag them? What's the reason in tagging other sites that don't have anything to do with me or the game itself? Seems like all you wanted is just more "page activity" or something like that.

I don't want to bash it, as I quite like the idea as a whole. Just some clarification would be great, because right now it just feels like another nice new idea that wasn't thought through.

Who of you participated?

Comments

• Hutch_KatieHutch_Katie Posts: 132 admin
    Morning,

As the Top Drives Instagram account is new it is an awareness type of competition. Many players follow accounts that they aren't aware are not the Official Pages.
    The style of competition isn't uncommon on instagram - so whilst you can tag absolutely anyone (People have been tagging Hutch accounts) We've not ruled this out for this first competition.

There is a new Terms & Conditions section on the Top Drives forum for all competitions, so you can easily see what giveaway opportunities are currently being run. I'm pointing players to the web forums on social posts for information on terms and announcements, so traffic has increased in the past 2 weeks.

This instagram competition ends today and next week I'll be posting a new comp on this forum as I promised I would a couple of weeks ago :smile:
    There will also be another competition being added to Twitter too that you should look out for if you like to take your chances on competitons.

I love a competiton and enter them on everything! I tag my friends and family @David_Fook and make no apologies to them for the weird things they have to look at :sweat_smile: I've not had an intervention yet.
  • 0171801718 Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    Someone who does what the company wants them to do (create PR) wins a prize. I don't see the problem.

• 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Competition hmmm
    i guess I’m a dinosaur too...
    i just tried to imagine explaining this “competition”, rules and the “effort” it takes to someone who has been away for 20-25 years.

• greddygreddy Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course prizes were won by fan accounts.. 
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so a contest for player paid by hutch? :O  where is the sense? i don't understand... and no news here... very good!! but... hey.. here only big whales, not need CF or slots with some contest :D:D
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 631 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18
    Funny, exactly the tagging Spammer are the ones that won, what a surprise.
    And very interesting to see, that all winners did post it in the last 24hours. That's really a coincidence in a contest that lasted over a week.
  • BasilBasil Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for a competition where I can send a yellow postcard ,....
  • lonelyterroristlonelyterrorist Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    Funny, exactly the tagging Spammer are the ones that won, what a surprise.
    And very interesting to see, that all winners did post it in the last 24hours. That's really a coincidence in a contest that lasted over a week.
    I bet the winner gets a nice little A class IR not some **** rq 19.. That'd do nicely to promote more of these "competitions" 
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jiga said:
    What?  

Anti-establishment hero accepts bribe from the Man?   What am i going to tell my children?

Another one bites the dust
    I only got that rubbish RQ19 4wd Mazda, so does that make it better? 
  • jigajiga Posts: 404 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19
    Not at all, but i do feel bad for you now.  Your rhapsody was so inspiring to the rest of us down here in the trenches that it surely was worthy of a faster and grippier bribe than that.  

What would make it better is if you spun us another wee tune one of these days.   Should the mood take you of course.  Actually you are still my hero, and my kids don't need to know about this  ;)
    Basil said:
    I'm waiting for a competition where I can send a yellow postcard ,....
    This is soooo happening! Lets do this in January and February. I'll put the postcards into a pillowcase and have someone pull one out at random!
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 631 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This instagram competition ends today and next week I'll be posting a new comp on this forum as I promised I would a couple of weeks ago :smile: 
    Hi @Hutch_Katie, did I miss it or has it been forgotten?
    edited October 28
    Hello, not forgotten, I will post on the forum this afternoon! :smile: Apologies for the delay - Top Drives Show planning took over on Friday.

Update: Competition Post is ready and approved but I've been asked to wait until tomorrow morning to have the Terms and Conditions signed off internally before I post them up. I will have this live tomorrow (Tuesday)!!
    Post edited by Hutch_Katie on
  • baestbaest Posts: 508 ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, not forgotten, I will post on the forum this afternoon! :smile: Apologies for the delay - Top Drives Show planning took over on Friday.

Update: Competition Post is ready and approved but I've been asked to wait until tomorrow morning to have the Terms and Conditions signed off internally before I post them up. I will have this live tomorrow (Tuesday)!!
    Any news on the player submitted event?

I've been told I will have sign-off tomorrow now :(  I'll keep chasing though to get my approval!
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been told I will have sign-off tomorrow now :(  I'll keep chasing though to get my approval!
    ...and the player-designed event competition?
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30
    This contest must be over the top given how long it takes to start.
    Or did i do the beginner mistake, and raised expectations?!