Forum Competition: Your Garage

Hutch_KatieHutch_Katie Posts: 263 admin
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
Hello Top Drivers,

We have a forum competition that's open to you all to partake in!

What do you have to do?

After we launched a forum poll asking you all to submit the RQ Rating of your cars, many of you added photos to the thread. Well, we want to see and hear more about your cars. To enter the competition:
  • Tell us the following about your car: Make, Model, Year, Top Drives Game RQ (if it's not in the game, tell us what you think it would be!)and your fondest or worst memory of the car. Some people may have a love/hate relationship with their car, so good and bad anecdotes apply. This is your entry into the competiton.
  • Submit at least 3 photos of you car that are all different. This will give you 3 bonus points.
  • Post your own original video footage of your car that's at least 15 seconds long. For some inspiration, you can do a walk around of the car, show us the engine bay, the interior. Maybe have someone film you doing a legal and safe drive-by? This will give you 2 bonus points.
How is the winner picked?

Winners are determined by their number of points. Hutch staff will vote internally for their favourite submission (each vote = 1 bonus point), but you can bump your score up by an additional 5 points with Photos and Video.

When do you have to submit by?

November 8th 2019 11:59am GMT. All entries after this date and time will not be counted.

What is the prize?

The winner will receive a Top Drives T-Shirt, Carbon Fiber Pack and 5 Garage slots. The Winner's car will also be featured in an episode of the Top Drives Show.
In the event of a tie on points, all top scoring tied submissions will be valid winners.

Two runners up will win Top Drives T-shirts

When will winners be announced?

Hutch staff will vote for their favourite submissions from November 8th 2019 12:00GMT until November 11th 2019 12:00GMT. I will post the winners on November 12th 12:00GMT . I will also post up all entries and their final scores at the same time, so you can see your final scores.

Good luck to all who enter and I look forward to reading about your cars!

Terms & Conditions link: https://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/7850/forum-competition-31-10-2019
Post edited by Hutch_Gsearch on

Comments

• greddygreddy Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am out, wont even bother posting pictures of my KIA. 
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    Where do we have to submit? On this thread itself?
  • kaje73kaje73 Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    Same. I have 2 Hyundai’s to choose from 😬
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it have to be our current car?
  • Hutch_KatieHutch_Katie Posts: 263 admin
    mikes said:
    Hello. re-reading the rules, I haven't stipulated you must still own the car only that it is your car, so this would be fine. You may put yourself at a disadvantage if you don't have any of your own video of that car for the bonus points.

@Twinkie_ee I'll keep that in mind and do another comp after this one for people without a car.

@Parimal_2000 yes, please post in this thread!

@greddy @kaje73 Why shouldn't a Kia of Hyundai win? Remember the Top Drives team have all got vastly different tastes in cars. If you watch the Top Drives show, you'll know Jon, Tim and Josie all like very different styles.
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    KIA FREIND!!

I legit love our c'eed estate, fits the rugrats and all their ****, AC blows cold, stereo plays the rotation of the trolls soundtrack and AC/DC songs my kids love without complaint, the big sunroof provides good viewing of the monkey making passionate love to each other at Longleat's Safari park and the leather cleans up nice from the consequences of travel sickness.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t have the first clue how to post a video. 
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Ok I hate to be that guy, and Katie I really do appreciate what you are trying to do here, but... 3 clicks on Instagram would have gotten me into a draw where the top-5 win prizes, but here I have to find and upload photos, stories, videos etc and only the winner picks up a CF? Effort to reward isn’t there for me

Edit: although on the other hand I guess there’s like 5 entrants to this one, so swings and roundabouts. NVM me, just being grumpy 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    @Styxinger - I think you are confused.  @Hutch_Katie's rules ask for a car, not every car you have ever owned.

@Hutch_Katie - can you confirm what you are looking to see?
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how do I post videos from an iPhone? Is there anyway to do it natively or do I have to use Instagram or imagur or something similar?
  • 2xDiP2xDiP Posts: 8
    @Hutch_Katie, why was my comment removed? If I wrote something wrong, write to me, I will fix it.
  • StyxingerStyxinger Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    @Styxinger - I think you are confused.  @Hutch_Katie's rules ask for a car, not every car you have ever owned.

OK, the red Fiesta is dead, but I still have ALL other cars. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Styxinger said:
    HeissRod said:

OK, the red Fiesta is dead, but I still have ALL other cars. 
    Right.  I think @Hutch_Katie is asking for a submission of one car, which is why I asked her to clarify.
    Please post your videos on any hosting service and post a link to it here. 
    YouTube lets you unlist a video so only people with a link can view it if you have any worries about public videos on there. 

Please only make a post about a car currently own or have owned in the past - it’s got to be yours. 

Consensus on the forum was that the Instagram competition was too easy. I thought you’d all appreciate something with some effort but it wouldn’t be too difficult. Also, your odds on the forum are higher - so it should have a little requirement to it. 🙂 

I’m on annual leave now and back Tuesday. I hope you can get pics and make posts over the weekend. I’m looking forward to seeing what you all own in more detail. 
    2xDiP said:
    @Hutch_Katie, why was my comment removed? If I wrote something wrong, write to me, I will fix it.
    I didn’t remove your comment. As long as there wasn’t profanity in it, it shouldn’t have been removed by admin. 
    Please resubmit your entry 🙂
  • pSikpSik Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    You still got any track vids?
    I'd be impressed but not shocked lol.
  • 2xDiP2xDiP Posts: 8
    Please resubmit your entry 🙂
    Ok. I must say right away that I am somewhat impressed with the cars of the community members, everything is much more prosaic in me.

At the moment I own a 2007 Hyundai Verna (Accent III MC). This is a simple and quite comfortable car. Yes, of course I sometimes miss my Nissan Primera P11, which had an accident and was sold. But life dictates own conditions.

Back to my car. This is not a very popular car even in Russia, although the previous generation of this model is very common. However, this does not bother me very much. I easily find parts, and can find help on the Internet. I don’t know if it’s possible to leave links to other resources here, but this is my car’s blog on the popular Russian portal. The car rides fine, although it seems a bit heavy to me. Rides of 4-5 hours with family are almost fatigue-free. I do not have the most powerful equipment, but it suits me. It is quite economical. My car is not in the game, but I tried to imagine how it could look in it, based on the data that I have.

I don’t have the opportunity to make a normal video, now winter is beginning, it’s quite cold and dirty on the street. But I have a photo. )

PS: However, there is another machine that I would like to have not only in the game. She does not have an impressive top speed, have poor acceleration and depressing handling (turning radius like a truck). Moreover, she has the status of "super car". This is DMC 12 DeLorean. And no matter who says it, I love this car.
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pSik said:
    mikes said:
    You still got any track vids?
    I'd be impressed but not shocked lol.
    Probably somewhere. More of the RX-8 than anything else though. 
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consensus on the forum was that the Instagram competition was too easy. 
    I mean that's not really true. Consensus on the forum was that the instagram competition was just no competition at all. It was just a promotion event where fake accounts could tag spam other sites that they don't even know (not even friends), just for the sake of getting a higher chance of winning (which of course they did).
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭
    I hope I don’t get screwed out of a chance for my T-shirt by late joiners. 😬
    You take the T-shirt and I’ll take the CF before late joiners join lol
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    -Deleted-
    I missclicked sry. My post isn't ready yet.
  • ErilixErilix Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Hi everyone !

OK so... Here is my entry for this competition !
    I will talk about my (ex) Mazda Mx-5 NBFL 1.8l, from 2003 : RQ11 in the game (even if mine was 145hp, not 110 which was the 1.6l engine)
    I owned this car for a year in 2013 and... Still regret to sold it ! I know 1 year doesn't seems much... But I have so much good memories with this car : my first road trip, learning mechanic with it etc. It was a really really awesome car (that's probably why I bought another Mx-5 few years after) : insane chassis (never betrayed me ^^), good power... Well, enough for some good runs on the small french campaign roads.
    Even if today I have a car with way more power (Mazda 3 MPS, yes, I love Mazdas, and Japanese cars in general), I know I will buy another Mx-5 in the future, the NA model (1989-1998).

Anyway ! Place to some pictures of the car, and a video !
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYeKRvoWC9Y
    Thanks for that little forum competition, and good luck everyone !

And if you ever wondered... Here is how it looks like to have a road trip in this car ! (and yes, we slept in it.. twice.)

Bonus : a walking duvet !

This discussion has been closed.