3008 DKR Finals - Lamborghini (Event)

Comments

• TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fortress said:
    Fortress said:
    Any1 here ?(north America) happy to co-op.
    @Chris1775 is Christophe McAuliffe and @samagoichi also
    @Chris1775 @samagoichi and TopDrives59298 will cooperate
    Ok happy to cooperate, I'm Qi'An Jin, is samagoichi shuji Kawaguchi? Also just got knocked out of T1 hope none of you hit me 🧐, @TopDrives40778 u in this lobby as well?
    No, I'm in a different bracket.  None of them hit you.
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the brackets already overfilling??? saw some screenshots on IG forum indicating that. 
  • JayJay Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    So the brackets already overfilling??? saw some screenshots on IG forum indicating that. 
    Looks like it.
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay said:
    43MK4 said:
    Looks like it.
    Interesting. That’s quite early during the event. So in theory no point in late joining from now on.
    wondering how big these brackets are going to end up... 1000+ ???
  • samagoichisamagoichi Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fortress said:
    Fortress said:
    Any1 here ?(north America) happy to co-op.
    @Chris1775 is Christophe McAuliffe and @samagoichi also
    @Chris1775 @samagoichi and TopDrives59298 will cooperate
    Ok happy to cooperate, I'm Qi'An Jin, is samagoichi shuji Kawaguchi? Also just got knocked out of T1 hope none of you hit me 🧐, @TopDrives40778 u in this lobby as well?
    Såmå Goïchï in game. We didn't hit you. 
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm quite surprised I could climb to 15th place without a legend, and only one epic. Also one of my URs is still in the process of upgrading. Haven't seen any double legend hands, let alone one with five. The bracket was almost full when I joined yesterday, it's at 500 now, with @grandvache at the bottom :)
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    I'm quite surprised I could climb to 15th place without a legend, and only one epic. Also one of my URs is still in the process of upgrading. Haven't seen any double legend hands, let alone one with five. The bracket was almost full when I joined yesterday, it's at 500 now, with @grandvache at the bottom :)
    Somehow I got into top 10 with 2 non upgraded epics lol, for a brief second.
    In my bracket top 20+ there are at least 1 legend per hand, if not 2 or 3.
    Reason I could climb is the rare to ultra rares are not (yet?) upgraded and legends on twisties are not that efficient.
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if we have 1k players, why only 10 in gold tier? we will see but i think sunday night support will have a lot of requests!! :D:D:D
  • TD47959TD47959 Posts: 272 ✭✭✭
    How is it possible brackets are already overfilling when I got into one which was half full? 
    If that‘s the case hutch messed this up pretty hard 
  • 0171801718 Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    01718 said:
    I don't see why 5 x Lambo is a problem. Everyone has problems with tight restrictions, everyone except some whales or some extraordinarily lucky folks, both of which are no comparison. Wider restrictions just elevate the level of competition. Some might benefit from that, others might not.
    There are 69 Lambos. 32 are standard Legendaries. 5 are Prize Legendaries, so not currently available. 7 are Epics, one is a Prize Epic, so not currently available. So 56.5% of Lambos are based on you getting single digit percentage drop rates. 8.7% aren’t even in issue yet. There are just 5 Lambo URs. All this on a marque only added in the last few weeks, so no time for long-term drop rates to come into play. 

In a crowded field of cynical cash-grab actions, this is the Desert Orchid. This event is a middle finger to every F2P and P2P, and removes any lingering doubt about Hutch and their long-term aim. This is hyper-inflationary - a clear message that if you don’t spend £200 buying all of the CFs, and hoping that drop rates favour you, then don’t bother taking part. Factor in the nonsense late-join “fix” and you might as well give up and go home.

There was a whole thread about the problems with an all-Ford event. This takes those issues and dials them up to eleventy-stupid. 

The only positive is that they didn’t do something this daft and cynical for something like the P1GTR. Yet.

Yeah really, 'dont bother talking part', because only T1 counts...if you can't make it to the top 2%, the game has to be broken. /s

As stated earlier I agree, that it is a money grab but, I do not agree on the further Analysis. Getting T2 with an Epic and a CF is worth fighting for and possible without large Investments. (tho I do have to grind clubs now) 
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rkoralle said:
    TGPD said:
    01718 said:
    I don't see why 5 x Lambo is a problem. Everyone has problems with tight restrictions, everyone except some whales or some extraordinarily lucky folks, both of which are no comparison. Wider restrictions just elevate the level of competition. Some might benefit from that, others might not.
    It's been 3 straight prize-car events (Audi, Cien, this) that capitalised on the IR update, and it's only been 1 month since the release of the IR update. Any cynic would be able to point out that this is intentional. They want to earn money for their hard work for....
    I know its meant sarcastic, but this is the truth.
    Its all about money.
    Where are you working at?

My office is working on things to earn money and to feed the employees.
    Only a very small part of our work goes to an animal shelter without beeing payed and this is because of relationships.

We don t know abou numbers and yields.

Lets hope hutch pays good for their working people!

TD is also reliant on sponsorship and ad income. I don’t know the split between player spend, and sponsorship / ad income, but I’d be amazed if the latter wasn’t material to the success of the business. 

That ad income and sponsorship will be predicated on the number of players in the game. More players, more likelihood of click-through purchases. More players, more exposure for Evo, and for the car manufacturers. If Hutch focuses solely on P2W and forces out casual players, then that revenue decreases. Advertisers and sponsors don’t like excessive customer churn, especially if that translates into materially lower customer numbers.

And from a player perspective, whales like being whales when there’s a few of them in a group with a bunch of us minnows. Brackets solely full of whales because the rest of us have given up will make even them think twice about playing, and therefore spending. Taking the game in that direction is a guaranteed route to its decline.
  • Machete17Machete17 Posts: 16
    Anyone here?
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9
    01718 said:
    01718 said:
    There are 69 Lambos. 32 are standard Legendaries. 5 are Prize Legendaries, so not currently available. 7 are Epics, one is a Prize Epic, so not currently available. So 56.5% of Lambos are based on you getting single digit percentage drop rates. 8.7% aren’t even in issue yet. There are just 5 Lambo URs. All this on a marque only added in the last few weeks, so no time for long-term drop rates to come into play. 

In a crowded field of cynical cash-grab actions, this is the Desert Orchid. This event is a middle finger to every F2P and P2P, and removes any lingering doubt about Hutch and their long-term aim. This is hyper-inflationary - a clear message that if you don’t spend £200 buying all of the CFs, and hoping that drop rates favour you, then don’t bother taking part. Factor in the nonsense late-join “fix” and you might as well give up and go home.

There was a whole thread about the problems with an all-Ford event. This takes those issues and dials them up to eleventy-stupid. 

The only positive is that they didn’t do something this daft and cynical for something like the P1GTR. Yet.

Yeah really, 'dont bother talking part', because only T1 counts...if you can't make it to the top 2%, the game has to be broken. /s

As stated earlier I agree, that it is a money grab but, I do not agree on the further Analysis. Getting T2 with an Epic and a CF is worth fighting for and possible without large Investments. (tho I do have to grind clubs now) 
    You’re completely missing my perspective. It’s a game. Games should be fun. This game is about collecting cars. Prize cars are only available in these events. If I don’t have even a remote chance of winning them, why play? Grinding for a hope of T2 is not fun. I’ve got a million other things I could and probably should spend my time on. The game only holds my interest while I can actually have a chance of winning stuff. 

Grinding Clubs is, in my opinion, an exercise in futility. I generally play a couple of hands in one event each ‘season’. I would guess that my end of season winnings are at least half yours each time with about 1% of the effort. Plus I’m not going to spend money maxing pointless cars for a four hour event. 

Each to their own, I guess. You enjoy grinding for the outside hope of a middling result. I don’t. 
  • viddy1viddy1 Posts: 140 ✭✭
    Unexpected result in case anyone else is running this car 👍
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭✭✭
    viddy1 said:
    Great advert for Lamborghini: don’t buy our most expensive cars, the cheaper ones are faster. 
  • DomesticMDomesticM Posts: 386 ✭✭✭
    edited November 9
    BoxtaS said:
    viddy1 said:
    Great advert for Lamborghini: don’t buy our most expensive cars, the cheaper ones are faster. 
    It’s accurate, the Performante runs rings around the SV. Not to sound smug but I can account for this first hand. 
  • TD47959TD47959 Posts: 272 ✭✭✭
    Machete17 said:
    Anyone here?
    Yes, currently sitting a little bit lower as I’m waiting for a fuse. TD47959 should be visible ingame as my name. 
    How are hands in the top10 looking? 
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DomesticM said:
    BoxtaS said:
    viddy1 said:
    It’s accurate, the Performante runs rings around the SV. Not to sound smug but I can account for this first hand. 
    Ok I’ve changed my mind about which RQ30 Lambo I want. In my defence playing TD has taken up all the time I used to spend reading Evo, so I’m clearly out of touch. 
  • malsmals Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    Cfs for this final are a scam, how is possible get the same car 4 or 5 times? I saw players spent over 100€, and they got 5x Miura rq20 and 5 or 6 countach rq19... what type of joke is this? 

We need a new two packs for each event, 1x 4.999 golds with a epic for sure or better, and other for 9.999 with a legend and epic. Only one pack by triseries, no more.

But now, its unfair, very unfair, and its bad for the game, there are many players angry, and they are lefting the game, it isn't good for anybody.

Please, stop this stupid lottery system.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9
    TD47959 said:
    How is it possible brackets are already overfilling when I got into one which was half full? 
    This is Sparta Hutch, testing stuff on paying customers.
  • hifichrishifichris Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    Its saturday morning, not even sunday evening ffs. 

@Hutch_Tim @Hutch_Robin @Hutch_Katie

What a ***** joke....

Each update, i repeat each one is a mess... I m sorry but it's the reality.
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9
    TD47959 said:
    TD47959 said:
    This is Sparta Hutch, testing stuff on paying customers.
    I‘m really curious if they admit it‘s not as intended and an error or if they pretend everything working as they wanted and a lot less prizecars are given out 
    No, it will be our fault somehow 
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe with this funny thing for late joiner, i can uninstall my game... see brackets the saturday with over 600 people and if you are unlucky, you risk to win the 5 tier... i have something better to do!! and surely Hutch never see my money!!
  • chemineecheminee Posts: 40
    Thank god there's still 500 people in my bracket lol. I joined the moment the finals were created so maybe they only fill the last couple of brackets that were created?

Still a mess though...