PL 10.1 - Server Patch - November 2019

124

Comments

  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey they are small team but they want your money... we are wrong because we play TD and buy CF... stop buy CF and play TD and we may see some bug fix .... no, i kidding, they put a new update with new cars with wrong stats and we are happy!! Sad story!!
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we also talk about the fact, that there is again zero to none communication from hutch regarding a huge amount of topics, this included (except one comment from Tim). Seems like putting the head in the sand to wait for it to be over is back as the main strategy. 
    Robin seems to chat on a daily basis with players In discord and gives useful information there. Meanwhile here you can count the number of his posts in the last months on one hand.
    What is the reason behind this lack of cummincation here on the forum? If you don't want to engage here, then why have it?
    If I had to venture a guess, it’s because of the extreme negativity of this forum towards Hutch.
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Can we also talk about the fact, that there is again zero to none communication from hutch regarding a huge amount of topics, this included (except one comment from Tim). Seems like putting the head in the sand to wait for it to be over is back as the main strategy. 
    Robin seems to chat on a daily basis with players In discord and gives useful information there. Meanwhile here you can count the number of his posts in the last months on one hand.
    What is the reason behind this lack of cummincation here on the forum? If you don't want to engage here, then why have it?
    If I had to venture a guess, it’s because of the extreme negativity of this forum towards Hutch.
    That's a good guess, but not a valuable reason. What do they expect by not communicating with us? That everything will get better? 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Can we also talk about the fact, that there is again zero to none communication from hutch regarding a huge amount of topics, this included (except one comment from Tim). Seems like putting the head in the sand to wait for it to be over is back as the main strategy. 
    Robin seems to chat on a daily basis with players In discord and gives useful information there. Meanwhile here you can count the number of his posts in the last months on one hand.
    What is the reason behind this lack of cummincation here on the forum? If you don't want to engage here, then why have it?
    If I had to venture a guess, it’s because of the extreme negativity of this forum towards Hutch.
    That's a good guess, but not a valuable reason. What do they expect by not communicating with us? That everything will get better? 
    I didn’t say it was a good reason for Hutch to avoid the forum. :)
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:
    Can we also talk about the fact, that there is again zero to none communication from hutch regarding a huge amount of topics, this included (except one comment from Tim). Seems like putting the head in the sand to wait for it to be over is back as the main strategy. 
    Robin seems to chat on a daily basis with players In discord and gives useful information there. Meanwhile here you can count the number of his posts in the last months on one hand.
    What is the reason behind this lack of cummincation here on the forum? If you don't want to engage here, then why have it?
    If I had to venture a guess, it’s because of the extreme negativity of this forum towards Hutch.
    That's a good guess, but not a valuable reason. What do they expect by not communicating with us? That everything will get better? 
    I didn’t say it was a good reason for Hutch to avoid the forum. :)
    I know, I just wanted to state it. It's kind of frustrating to see that Robin chats in discord wit various people and meanwhile here we only get silence... 
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s a thread on the igf that Tim has just commented on, it’s being looked at
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s a thread on the igf that Tim has just commented on, it’s being looked at
    Hutch looking at things, this could become a meme like this: http://kimjongunlookingatthings.com/
    I just looked at the igf, but didnt find that post, there are too many threads.

  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bracket is now over 700.
    Ofc i am out of top10 now.
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s a thread on the igf that Tim has just commented on, it’s being looked at
    Hutch looking at things, this could become a meme like this: http://kimjongunlookingatthings.com/
    I just looked at the igf, but didnt find that post, there are too many threads.

    Title of the thread is “hutch what is this mess”. TL,DR - basically Tim claims its just one bracket, half us and half eu for some reason 


  • NemezNemez Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    Check igf? 
    Still in Arabic for me, since last update. 
    But hey, Hutch said they are aware and working on it. 
    Right..
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today on the forum, couldn't be anything to do with the recent update...surely...

  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Under an hour to end of daily and under 2 hrs to end of finals and ceramic event. All 3 still at normal entry numbers so no late entries in my brackets yet.
  • kaje73kaje73 Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    Under an hour to end of daily and under 2 hrs to end of finals and ceramic event. All 3 still at normal entry numbers so no late entries in my brackets yet.
    Same for my 3.
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine finals is up to 502 - looks like 1 hour was the timer
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having now experienced some of these changes, here are my thoughts:

    I used to late join a lot. While I agree it wasn't good for the game, I saw A LOT of success with it. The change to make brackets overfill has fixed late joining and I'm not mad about that. It wasn't right that I had so much success with it, but I was just playing the game in a way that allowed me to win the most.

    The changes to how many points a player now gets for a win or loss has ruined the game. Sometimes players can not join early because they lead busy lives or need most of the three days to fuse their cars. In my case this weekend, it was both. I had a UR and an Epic to fuse up, and three other Epics to at least get to 333. Alongside my busy weekend, this took me until Sunday night.

    Since events end on Monday at 11am here, there was no way I was joining on Sunday night and giving everyone else 8 hours of beating me down while I was sleeping. So my only option was a Monday morning join, which is quite often the case for me because I have a life outside of a **** mobile game.

    What this game now does is punish those who have decent hands, deserving of a spot near the top (not saying I was tier 1 material, but definitely high tier 2). I had to spend several hundred gold just to get up to 80th, and essentially I became a ticket spammer. I spent more to finish at about 22nd place, which I felt was my rightful position given the competition I saw on the way up.

    In my opinion, if you can get to the top, your hand has to be good enough. Make events overfill to make the late join less effective, but don't double punish people by making it too difficult for a good hand to climb.
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 627 admin
    I thought I'd wait to see how things went in the Final before reviewing things again here.

    First, as you saw, there was a bug where one leaderboard in each server (US, Europe, Asia) overfilled much sooner than it should. If you saw over 550, you were in one of them. This was a bug we had seen before but thought we had fixed. We'll have to see what we can do for those players tomorrow.

    Other leaderboards seemed to behave as expected, and overfilled by an average of 4.5% (so an average of 522.5 players - the overfills are randomly allocated so it varies a bit). That's a bit less than I was expecting, so I guess people did pay attention and there was less late-joining than usual!

    A handful of players that entered in the last hour bought a lot of tickets and managed to make T1, but that happened an average of less than once for every 3 leaderboards, so you could say that the expansion of the prize car from Top 8 to Top 10 covers both them and the extra 5%.

    Hutch_Tim said:
    Again, a simple fix was all that was needed, no new brackets created last X hours, why the difficulty?
    [wall of text]
    Why do you always have to over complicate issues? “No new brackets will be opened -3 hours before event ends” a simple msg corresponded to everyone
    Well, I guess my counter would be that you're oversimplifying it - or possibly I don't understand what you're proposing!

    Let me see if I can better explain the issues I see. Brackets fill sequentially, so if we said 'no new brackets 3 hours before the event ends', then 3.1 hours before the event ends two brackets might just fill, and then a lucky few players get into two nearly empty brackets just before the cut-off. The biggest exploit of late-joining would still exist. So then I guess we could continue to allow entries past the deadline until those brackets filled, without showing anything on the event panel? Until eventually you'd try to enter, and find you can't.

    Regular complaints that would generate:
    - I thought we couldn't enter after 3 hours so I didn't, but my friend did, it's not fair
    - Some people on the forum said they could still get in to the final 2.9 hours before it ended but I couldn't, it's not fair (different servers)
    - I couldn't enter any other time and got locked out of the event completely

    My guess it that the first 2 would lead to a regular call for us to display how many places were left - that's why I went straight to assuming that would be necessary.

    This solution also still creates a tacit incentive to enter later, as it's just less effort to win. The solution we've gone with tacitly incentivises earlier entry, which we think is better for the game.

    Obviously there are still some down-sides. True, the score alteration does make smarfing very slightly harder - not much though? I've still been doing it without much trouble.

    O__VER said:

    The changes to how many points a player now gets for a win or loss has ruined the game. Sometimes players can not join early because they lead busy lives or need most of the three days to fuse their cars. In my case this weekend, it was both. I had a UR and an Epic to fuse up, and three other Epics to at least get to 333. Alongside my busy weekend, this took me until Sunday night.

    I don't fully follow this argument, but perhaps this is more generally because I don't understand why players wait to enter until they have fused their cars? I enter early on a Friday just about every time, and in every Final I've won I spent it playing and then fusing my cars after I'd played a hand of tickets (saving the big 8-hour fuses for overnight wherever possible). That way I can better judge how much fusing is necessary for T1, learn who I can and can't beat, and when it comes time for the final push I already have a big positive score to build on. Fusing and then entering when I'm done seems a lot more risky to me, and more expensive in tickets and servicing.

    But yes, if you have a busy weekend and can only enter at the end, it is now harder. That's kind of inevitable, because from a gameplay perspective that's unfortunately indistinguishable from a late entry. (At least you can enter and potentially buy tickets to a secure a position, where a hard cut-off would lock you out entirely.)

    O__VER said:
    Make events overfill to make the late join less effective, but don't double punish people by making it too difficult for a good hand to climb.

    Yes, it's a question of balance, just as you say. Some are suggesting we shouldn't have changed how points are scored (which means it would be easier for late-enterers in overfilled brackets to buy tickets to the top); conversely some have even suggested losses shouldn't lose you any points (which would just be an insane ticket-fest all round). Based on my quick review of how things went just in this event, I tend to think our 3 points adjustment in losses was fine, but we'll build up a better view on that over time.
  • stvhanstvhan Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    그래서 결론이 뭐야? 무엇을 말하고 싶은데? 
  • AvengedAvenged Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    O__VER said:

    The changes to how many points a player now gets for a win or loss has ruined the game. Sometimes players can not join early because they lead busy lives or need most of the three days to fuse their cars. In my case this weekend, it was both. I had a UR and an Epic to fuse up, and three other Epics to at least get to 333. Alongside my busy weekend, this took me until Sunday night.

    I don't fully follow this argument, but perhaps this is more generally because I don't understand why players wait to enter until they have fused their cars? I enter early on a Friday just about every time, and in every Final I've won I spent it playing and then fusing my cars after I'd played a hand of tickets (saving the big 8-hour fuses for overnight wherever possible). That way I can better judge how much fusing is necessary for T1, learn who I can and can't beat, and when it comes time for the final push I already have a big positive score to build on. Fusing and then entering when I'm done seems a lot more risky to me, and more expensive in tickets and servicing.

    But yes, if you have a busy weekend and can only enter at the end, it is now harder. That's kind of inevitable, because from a gameplay perspective that's unfortunately indistinguishable from a late entry. (At least you can enter and potentially buy tickets to a secure a position, where a hard cut-off would lock you out entirely.)

    Because entering early with a suboptimal band could put you in a low position which is nearly impossible to recover from without throwing gold at tickets.
  • baestbaest Posts: 507 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 11
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Yes, it's a question of balance, just as you say. Some are suggesting we shouldn't have changed how points are scored (which means it would be easier for late-enterers in overfilled brackets to buy tickets to the top); conversely some have even suggested losses shouldn't lose you any points (which would just be an insane ticket-fest all round). Based on my quick review of how things went just in this event, I tend to think our 3 points adjustment in losses was fine, but we'll build up a better view on that over time.
    It was an insane ticket-fest. My bracket was pretty much full at the end of Day 1, the point difference for those hovering around the edge of T1-T2 was minimal and the hand disparity was huge within that sample.  There is no comfort to anyone now that has a better-than-most hand because they can't create a safe enough gap anymore. I posit that the end of pretty much any blue-chip event will require ticket spamming from all and sundry to stay in the mix, with the changes you put in place already.
  • baestbaest Posts: 507 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 11
    HeissRod said:
    I'm not sure if it was the points change or what but I found it much more difficult to grow a gap between T1 & T2 this time.
    In my bracket, there was about 200 trophies (10 winning races) between tail end of T1 and position 4 and the races won/lost for some of these trophy counts are ridiculous:



    How does someone on 121-103 only have a 562 trophy disparity from the guy in T1 on 110-9? How does one shore up their positions in these events now WITHOUT spending gold on ticket refreshes to ensure they don't get blasted last minute?
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should we just leave it alone? 
    Solving late joining is easy to talk about, but hard to implement.
  • StyxingerStyxinger Posts: 50
    I would suppose to put late joiners in one bracket. Fill it up until about 800 and then split it in two halfs. Create a next one fill it up to 400, then fill up the splitted ones. The remaining fill up to 800 and split.
    Close joining at 3h to 5h before end at 3 day, and even shorter to 2 day or daily quest. Closing window RANDOM between these hours, so that nobody  knows exactly. 
    Sorry, if you did not join a 3 day event 3 to 5h before ending, you just don't participate.
    My 5 cents
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    I thought I'd wait to see how things went in the Final before reviewing things again here.

    First, as you saw, there was a bug where one leaderboard in each server (US, Europe, Asia) overfilled much sooner than it should. If you saw over 550, you were in one of them. This was a bug we had seen before but thought we had fixed. We'll have to see what we can do for those players tomorrow.

    Other leaderboards seemed to behave as expected, and overfilled by an average of 4.5% (so an average of 522.5 players - the overfills are randomly allocated so it varies a bit). That's a bit less than I was expecting, so I guess people did pay attention and there was less late-joining than usual!

    A handful of players that entered in the last hour bought a lot of tickets and managed to make T1, but that happened an average of less than once for every 3 leaderboards, so you could say that the expansion of the prize car from Top 8 to Top 10 covers both them and the extra 5%.

    Hutch_Tim said:
    Again, a simple fix was all that was needed, no new brackets created last X hours, why the difficulty?
    [wall of text]
    Why do you always have to over complicate issues? “No new brackets will be opened -3 hours before event ends” a simple msg corresponded to everyone
    Well, I guess my counter would be that you're oversimplifying it - or possibly I don't understand what you're proposing!

    Let me see if I can better explain the issues I see. Brackets fill sequentially, so if we said 'no new brackets 3 hours before the event ends', then 3.1 hours before the event ends two brackets might just fill, and then a lucky few players get into two nearly empty brackets just before the cut-off. The biggest exploit of late-joining would still exist. So then I guess we could continue to allow entries past the deadline until those brackets filled, without showing anything on the event panel? Until eventually you'd try to enter, and find you can't.

    Regular complaints that would generate:
    - I thought we couldn't enter after 3 hours so I didn't, but my friend did, it's not fair
    - Some people on the forum said they could still get in to the final 2.9 hours before it ended but I couldn't, it's not fair (different servers)
    - I couldn't enter any other time and got locked out of the event completely

    My guess it that the first 2 would lead to a regular call for us to display how many places were left - that's why I went straight to assuming that would be necessary.

    This solution also still creates a tacit incentive to enter later, as it's just less effort to win. The solution we've gone with tacitly incentivises earlier entry, which we think is better for the game.

    Obviously there are still some down-sides. True, the score alteration does make smarfing very slightly harder - not much though? I've still been doing it without much trouble.

    O__VER said:

    The changes to how many points a player now gets for a win or loss has ruined the game. Sometimes players can not join early because they lead busy lives or need most of the three days to fuse their cars. In my case this weekend, it was both. I had a UR and an Epic to fuse up, and three other Epics to at least get to 333. Alongside my busy weekend, this took me until Sunday night.

    I don't fully follow this argument, but perhaps this is more generally because I don't understand why players wait to enter until they have fused their cars? I enter early on a Friday just about every time, and in every Final I've won I spent it playing and then fusing my cars after I'd played a hand of tickets (saving the big 8-hour fuses for overnight wherever possible). That way I can better judge how much fusing is necessary for T1, learn who I can and can't beat, and when it comes time for the final push I already have a big positive score to build on. Fusing and then entering when I'm done seems a lot more risky to me, and more expensive in tickets and servicing.

    But yes, if you have a busy weekend and can only enter at the end, it is now harder. That's kind of inevitable, because from a gameplay perspective that's unfortunately indistinguishable from a late entry. (At least you can enter and potentially buy tickets to a secure a position, where a hard cut-off would lock you out entirely.)

    O__VER said:
    Make events overfill to make the late join less effective, but don't double punish people by making it too difficult for a good hand to climb.

    Yes, it's a question of balance, just as you say. Some are suggesting we shouldn't have changed how points are scored (which means it would be easier for late-enterers in overfilled brackets to buy tickets to the top); conversely some have even suggested losses shouldn't lose you any points (which would just be an insane ticket-fest all round). Based on my quick review of how things went just in this event, I tend to think our 3 points adjustment in losses was fine, but we'll build up a better view on that over time.

    I’ve honestly no idea how there would still be brackets with a small amount of players if there was a hard cut off at 3 hours etc, the last brackets fill and that’s it, maybe someone joining with 2 hours left will still get in, it’s a chance they have to take. If you miss joining it’s not like you didn’t know the rules. 
  • AvengedAvenged Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    I thought I'd wait to see how things went in the Final before reviewing things again here.

    First, as you saw, there was a bug where one leaderboard in each server (US, Europe, Asia) overfilled much sooner than it should. If you saw over 550, you were in one of them. This was a bug we had seen before but thought we had fixed. We'll have to see what we can do for those players tomorrow.

    Other leaderboards seemed to behave as expected, and overfilled by an average of 4.5% (so an average of 522.5 players - the overfills are randomly allocated so it varies a bit). That's a bit less than I was expecting, so I guess people did pay attention and there was less late-joining than usual!

    A handful of players that entered in the last hour bought a lot of tickets and managed to make T1, but that happened an average of less than once for every 3 leaderboards, so you could say that the expansion of the prize car from Top 8 to Top 10 covers both them and the extra 5%.

    Hutch_Tim said:
    Again, a simple fix was all that was needed, no new brackets created last X hours, why the difficulty?
    [wall of text]
    Why do you always have to over complicate issues? “No new brackets will be opened -3 hours before event ends” a simple msg corresponded to everyone
    Well, I guess my counter would be that you're oversimplifying it - or possibly I don't understand what you're proposing!

    Let me see if I can better explain the issues I see. Brackets fill sequentially, so if we said 'no new brackets 3 hours before the event ends', then 3.1 hours before the event ends two brackets might just fill, and then a lucky few players get into two nearly empty brackets just before the cut-off. The biggest exploit of late-joining would still exist. So then I guess we could continue to allow entries past the deadline until those brackets filled, without showing anything on the event panel? Until eventually you'd try to enter, and find you can't.

    Regular complaints that would generate:
    - I thought we couldn't enter after 3 hours so I didn't, but my friend did, it's not fair
    - Some people on the forum said they could still get in to the final 2.9 hours before it ended but I couldn't, it's not fair (different servers)
    - I couldn't enter any other time and got locked out of the event completely

    My guess it that the first 2 would lead to a regular call for us to display how many places were left - that's why I went straight to assuming that would be necessary.

    This solution also still creates a tacit incentive to enter later, as it's just less effort to win. The solution we've gone with tacitly incentivises earlier entry, which we think is better for the game.

    Obviously there are still some down-sides. True, the score alteration does make smarfing very slightly harder - not much though? I've still been doing it without much trouble.

    O__VER said:

    The changes to how many points a player now gets for a win or loss has ruined the game. Sometimes players can not join early because they lead busy lives or need most of the three days to fuse their cars. In my case this weekend, it was both. I had a UR and an Epic to fuse up, and three other Epics to at least get to 333. Alongside my busy weekend, this took me until Sunday night.

    I don't fully follow this argument, but perhaps this is more generally because I don't understand why players wait to enter until they have fused their cars? I enter early on a Friday just about every time, and in every Final I've won I spent it playing and then fusing my cars after I'd played a hand of tickets (saving the big 8-hour fuses for overnight wherever possible). That way I can better judge how much fusing is necessary for T1, learn who I can and can't beat, and when it comes time for the final push I already have a big positive score to build on. Fusing and then entering when I'm done seems a lot more risky to me, and more expensive in tickets and servicing.

    But yes, if you have a busy weekend and can only enter at the end, it is now harder. That's kind of inevitable, because from a gameplay perspective that's unfortunately indistinguishable from a late entry. (At least you can enter and potentially buy tickets to a secure a position, where a hard cut-off would lock you out entirely.)

    O__VER said:
    Make events overfill to make the late join less effective, but don't double punish people by making it too difficult for a good hand to climb.

    Yes, it's a question of balance, just as you say. Some are suggesting we shouldn't have changed how points are scored (which means it would be easier for late-enterers in overfilled brackets to buy tickets to the top); conversely some have even suggested losses shouldn't lose you any points (which would just be an insane ticket-fest all round). Based on my quick review of how things went just in this event, I tend to think our 3 points adjustment in losses was fine, but we'll build up a better view on that over time.

    I’ve honestly no idea how there would still be brackets with a small amount of players if there was a hard cut off at 3 hours etc, the last brackets fill and that’s it, maybe someone joining with 2 hours left will still get in, it’s a chance they have to take. If you miss joining it’s not like you didn’t know the rules. 
    Close brackets T-4 hours like you do in clubs. These last open brackets fill and game goes on. It was enough time to join the event for three days. And those who missed but still desperate to play some races can still enter clubs.
    I struggled between giving you a Like and a LOL for the not-so-subtle dig.
  • chemineecheminee Posts: 41
    edited November 11


    Your bug is still live.. joined early yesterday.

    2 days and 12nhours to go...
Sign In or Register to comment.