3008 DKR Finals - Lamborghini (Event)

12346»

Comments

• StyxingerStyxinger Posts: 57 ✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    TGPD said:
    mauro07 said:
    we have the first offers of Lambo CF, you can open only 17 CF lambo and few offers for RI... can Hutch explain how it is possible with few packs, have and find 2-3-4 or even 5 S Lambo? it's math, or this CF has a high ratio for low trophy or they are lucky accounts!!
    Buy a metric fuckton of Italian and Lamborghini Premiums

nope... i don't think so!! you need a lot of lucky... and players with 500/1000 trophy can have a lot of in game money for buy premiums!!
    Simple thought: They are bots.
    Put in every bracket some OP Bots and people start battling about the rest of the places, and spend money. And you need not to spread so many price cars. And if you complain about bigger brackets, they just expand t1 to 15 slots, and add 5 more bots.  It would not be the first game where bots are competing with you. 
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Styxinger said:
    mauro07 said:
    nope... i don't think so!! you need a lot of lucky... and players with 500/1000 trophy can have a lot of in game money for buy premiums!!
    Simple thought: They are bots.
    Put in every bracket some OP Bots and people start battling about the rest of the places, and spend money. And you need not to spread so many price cars. And if you complain about bigger brackets, they just expand t1 to 15 slots, and add 5 more bots.  It would not be the first game where bots are competing with you. 
    I’ve been thinking this for the last month or so. These sort of players just weren’t there 6+ months ago. The whales always were, but you knew their names and the way they play. This is new. 
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    TGPD said:
    mauro07 said:
    we have the first offers of Lambo CF, you can open only 17 CF lambo and few offers for RI... can Hutch explain how it is possible with few packs, have and find 2-3-4 or even 5 S Lambo? it's math, or this CF has a high ratio for low trophy or they are lucky accounts!!
    Buy a metric fuckton of Italian and Lamborghini Premiums

Whale Theory...

People who want to spend money won't do that on their main account... they know it's a waste of time competing with people who might have spent more than them or are luckier. That's why all of them are setting up secondary accounts and mortgaging their houses and actual cars into those accounts, that's probably why there's lots of 0-5000 trophied whales out there. 
    I'm not going to stand a chance against any of the Asian server whales, they all got 5x maxed legendaries and stuff. 
    But if I'm going to compete against f2p beginners... might as well decimate them and pour my life savings in a secondary account.
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why open a second account? in every game they ban secondary account, for me it is waste of time, resources and enjoy... i want my best cars in one account not in more accounts!!
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, gonna be a ticket fest. Any known friendlies or spammers to look out for?

• Machete17Machete17 Posts: 16
    ppedras said:
    @Benji1996 , Pietro Maximus is a friend. Can you avoid him please. He’s a bit down while maxes is cars.
    Petro is in my bracket. I’m massimiliano ferrari (5th) if he avoid me I’ll do the same
  • Benji1996Benji1996 Posts: 20
    ppedras said:
    @Benji1996 , Pietro Maximus is a friend. Can you avoid him please. He’s a bit down while maxes is cars.
    Sure I’ll avoid him :smiley:
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    These aren’t the only packs that could have dropped Lambos, since IR released
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just joined and landed in a bracket of 91!

• viddy1viddy1 Posts: 158 ✭✭
    Be glad when this is over
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just joined and landed in a bracket of 91!

But clever new anti-late join algorithm? 🤔
  • StyxingerStyxinger Posts: 57 ✭✭
    viddy1 said:
    Hi, I'm in your bracket, what's your setup? 
  • viddy1viddy1 Posts: 158 ✭✭
    Styxinger said:
    viddy1 said:
    Hi, I'm in your bracket, what's your setup? 

• AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    501 in mine, seemd the overfill started at t-1h
  • DabigpDabigp Posts: 656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @binner in 6th? Seems i joined an US server even tho Im located in Europe...
  • binnerbinner Posts: 610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dabigp said:
    @binner in 6th? Seems i joined an US server even tho Im located in Europe...

Yeah somehow with this. I don't expect it to hold up but we'll see. Happy to avoid you though if I manage to stay in t1
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    505 now in my bracket!! :/
    finished with 516, ok with this change they kill late join and i'm happy, hope in no more bugs and no more brackets with over 800 players!! and now we need to understand this thing about points,  because you need to play a lot now... spam tickets..
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bracket only filled to 515

I joined with 9 hours to go today as I've been away this weekend. Settled for T2 - can't say much more.
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well now I’ve seen everything. There was a guy in my bracket fighting for T1, spending a lot of gold, with a 000 Epic Countach 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Made T1 with around 500 gold spent. Was P15 most of the day, seemed to time it well. Hope everyone in the glitched brackets gets a decent resolution 
  • TD47959TD47959 Posts: 274 ✭✭✭
    Latejoining still worked, people got a fresh lobby T-5 minutes, screens on igf.
    Hahahaha what a complete joke from hutch again 
  • FortressFortress Posts: 22
    Gratz @Chris1775  and @topdrives59298, on T1 as well, thanks for the most passive co-op ever haha, last few hours were a snooze.  Sorry @samagoichi saw u in T2 in the end, hope u got a good cf.  Let's work together again in the future. 
  • Chris1775Chris1775 Posts: 328 ✭✭✭✭
    Fortress said:
    Gratz @Chris1775  and @topdrives59298, on T1 as well, thanks for the most passive co-op ever haha, last few hours were a snooze.  Sorry @samagoichi saw u in T2 in the end, hope u got a good cf.  Let's work together again in the future. 
    Hey, I had a busy wknd, but I did see your msg earlier. I avoided you all the way to the end. I’m glad you made it man. Hope to work together again 👍 
  • 0171801718 Posts: 193 ✭✭✭

01718 said:
    01718 said:
    I don't see why 5 x Lambo is a problem. Everyone has problems with tight restrictions, everyone except some whales or some extraordinarily lucky folks, both of which are no comparison. Wider restrictions just elevate the level of competition. Some might benefit from that, others might not.
    There are 69 Lambos. 32 are standard Legendaries. 5 are Prize Legendaries, so not currently available. 7 are Epics, one is a Prize Epic, so not currently available. So 56.5% of Lambos are based on you getting single digit percentage drop rates. 8.7% aren’t even in issue yet. There are just 5 Lambo URs. All this on a marque only added in the last few weeks, so no time for long-term drop rates to come into play. 

In a crowded field of cynical cash-grab actions, this is the Desert Orchid. This event is a middle finger to every F2P and P2P, and removes any lingering doubt about Hutch and their long-term aim. This is hyper-inflationary - a clear message that if you don’t spend £200 buying all of the CFs, and hoping that drop rates favour you, then don’t bother taking part. Factor in the nonsense late-join “fix” and you might as well give up and go home.

There was a whole thread about the problems with an all-Ford event. This takes those issues and dials them up to eleventy-stupid. 

The only positive is that they didn’t do something this daft and cynical for something like the P1GTR. Yet.

Yeah really, 'dont bother talking part', because only T1 counts...if you can't make it to the top 2%, the game has to be broken. /s

As stated earlier I agree, that it is a money grab but, I do not agree on the further Analysis. Getting T2 with an Epic and a CF is worth fighting for and possible without large Investments. (tho I do have to grind clubs now) 
    You’re completely missing my perspective. It’s a game. Games should be fun. This game is about collecting cars. Prize cars are only available in these events. If I don’t have even a remote chance of winning them, why play? Grinding for a hope of T2 is not fun. I’ve got a million other things I could and probably should spend my time on. The game only holds my interest while I can actually have a chance of winning stuff. 

Grinding Clubs is, in my opinion, an exercise in futility. I generally play a couple of hands in one event each ‘season’. I would guess that my end of season winnings are at least half yours each time with about 1% of the effort. Plus I’m not going to spend money maxing pointless cars for a four hour event. 

Each to their own, I guess. You enjoy grinding for the outside hope of a middling result. I don’t. 
    I'm not missing your point but this is about different individual interests and I would like us to be honest about it. My interpretation would be, that you want a shot at T1 without grinding or spending. I don't really know what other quality is supposed to enable you to earn that T1 chance then. 90% of players do not have a realistic chance for T1. Does that mean the game cannot be fun for them?
    My particular interest would be to have a fair chance once in a while to compete at all. Restricting events to new cars is something that helped me to be competitive.

(Also you description of how Clubs work is utterly wrong, but I don't want to go there.)

Now some about the event in general, not as an answer to James: I saw a multitude of different hands and I was really looking forward to play every ticket I had to see where it is going. What I haven't seen during the whole event (best position was about 20) was a hand with more than 3 legendaries. The hand with 3 legendaries was terrible tho, because some of those RQ27 4wd Lambos look like upgraded ultrarares.
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So one of the main reasons why the 3008 DKR is RQ25 is the present ABS and TC. 
    Serious question now. Do they even have any advantages in the game respectively work properly? Besides maybe on a 0-100-0 mph rainy track, I never noticed anything.