Clubs Multiplier?

bantel_catbantel_cat Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
I've never even considered spending gold on the multiplier.

I suspect like a lot of us in the 'Always F2P/Trying not to spend/I'm never spending another penny on this bloody game' club, gold is everything. Usually saved for CFs and, increasingly, tickets.

Why 'exchange' precious gold for in-game cash which you can obtain anyway.
Cash is pretty much for buying ceramics/premiums.

So a bit of 'back of **** packet' maths:

Obviously how much cash the multiplier nets you is entirely dependent on how much time you invest in clubs.

So lets assume you can make 32500 extra a day, not an unreasonable amount, will require quite a bit of effort though.

So a Ceramic a day basically.

Lets extrapolate for a year.

365 Ceramics will 'cost' you 25,948 Gold or 71 Gold a pack, hell of a lot better than the 499 Price (which is frankly ridiculous)

With 25,948 Gold you could buy 16 CF, lets call it 20 to factor in some deals.

So it boils down to 365 Ceramics vs 20 CF:

Expected returns:

Legendary
Ceramic: 2.7
CF: 0.6

Epic
Ceramic: 10
CF: 4

Ultra
Ceramic: 53
CF: 17

Well that seems a bit of a no-brainer.
I've probably effed up somewhere.

Also, it is entirely dependent on your participation in Clubs.
Plus it gives you less gold to spend tactically on Finals CFs

Thoughts?

Comments

• mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gold is for slots... ;)
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The flaw in that logic is that none of us would value a ceramic at 499 gold. 

Another way of looking it at is all of us would probably buy a ceramic in the store if they were on offer for 100 gold, maybe even 150g - there’s your more realistic evaluation.

So by this valuation you’re “paying” the equivalent of 5 ceramics for the multiplier, not one. 
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how much do I have to play every day to reach those numbers?

...no wait, something is wrong here.
    how long do I have to work evey day to reach those numbers?
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The flaw in that logic is that none of us would value a ceramic at 499 gold. 

Another way of looking it at is all of us would probably buy a ceramic in the store if they were on offer for 100 gold, maybe even 150g - there’s your more realistic evaluation.

So by this valuation you’re “paying” the equivalent of 5 ceramics for the multiplier, not one. 
    This is true, I never intended it to be a comparison against the list price of Ceramic.

It's more really about Cermaic vs CF and how many Ceramics equate to a CF, certainly not the 3 that the Gold price reflects.
    But if you can get 15+ Ceramics for the equivalent of a CF then it starts to become more attractive.
    Of course, if you were to factor in a 'salary' for your time to do it, then nobody in their right mind would bother
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a bad investment it seems if you're willing to log the hours grinding clubs, but plenty of us don't have time to do so, not to mention the fact that clubs isn't all that fun
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 267 ✭✭✭
    Double is good if you play more than 5 races a day 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used the multiplier for about 6/7 weeks straight and was getting between $120,000-150,000 on average on those days I was playing it more intensely (that also includes any event winnings too in that figure). I would not play clubs without the multiplier. 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Deleted
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL
    i don't play clubs.. so i don't have this problem!! :D
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got way better luck with CFs than I do Ceramics, since I started tracking them last September.

Carbon Fibers (opened 331 mixed pure & premium)
    11 Legendaries
    60 Epics

Ceramics (opened 1118 mixed pure & premium)
    6 Legendaries
    30 Epics

Over 3 times ceramics opened compared to carbons, but half the return.  Those are real numbers and not estimates.
    (I also haven't pulled a Legendary from a Ceramic since June 17th, although I've opened 429 Ceramics since then.)
  • justjukiejustjukie Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    "new"
    Why in the hell are you commenting 'new' on every thread?
    To resolve the posts showing "new" even after I've read them and not showing accurate reply counts. Apparently this is now a new trend on this new forum so I'm using the "workaround" fix 
    So is this forum's change, it's annoying AF for me to login and not get the correct notifications so I'll carry on, thanks.
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This forum is becoming unbearable. stupid "new" posts
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    This forum is becoming unbearable. stupid "new" posts
    Yes, you are right.
    -insert new post-
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 267 ✭✭✭
    More to the topic, clubs only worth playing if you have time (1-2 hours a day) with double IGC, you can gain a good amount of money, IF you have the time.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭✭✭
    justjukie said:
    So is this forum's change, it's annoying AF for me to login and not get the correct notifications so I'll carry on, thanks.
    Go ahead then and I’ll just flag you for spam every time you do. 👍🏻
  • 0171801718 Posts: 257 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    So anyway, How much 'work' do you need to put in to earn 64500 cash (half of which is generated by the multiplier):
    If you now have between 5000 and 10000 Club XP you get
    2400 gold for    losing after playing 1 race ending up in the top 50% [2400 gold per race]
    5200 gold for winning after playing 8 races ending up in the top 25% (against bots) [650 gold per race]
    7200 gold for winning after playing 6 races ending up in the top 10%[1200 gold per race]
    3400 gold for    losing after playing 4 races ending up in the top 25% [actually it was five races but the last one was bugged and didnt count...that's annoying. [850 gold per race]
    7200 gold for winning after playing 6 races ending up in the top 10%[1200 gold per race]
    Now I will take a break. I played 25 races and earned 25400 gold. Took me like 20 minutes.
    It strongly depends on what type of match you play. Some days are better, others are more complicated. However, with 3 of those 20 minute-sessions I can easily farm 2 ceramics.
    Someone who just does not want to play the game without a prize car in sight, will not like this. For players without a garage that allows them to finish in T1 regularly, this is the only way to progress meaningfully. I prefer Clubs over smurfing, because I can compete over something. In regular events I rarely finish in T2...

Do you people not know how to use the Mark All Viewed link?
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HeissRod said:

Hmm, that seems seems to have solved it for me for now.

Ozzman said:

@HeissRod said:

Hmm, that seems seems to have solved it for me for now.

It doesn't fix the problem going forwards, but it does easily remove any stuck 'New' tags