The silence is deafening 2.0

MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭✭
In response to the continuation of the baffling silence, some comments about the Forum being only negative, toxic & dying away and a recent exchange where ban threats were announced because of “negative comments”, I feel the need to start a second campaign to further understand what’s going wrong, why it's going wrong and furthermost why nothing is happening against it.

Let me start by saying that Hutch has knowingly put themselves in this position. They willingly antagonized their fan-base by ignoring concerns, major criticism, feedback, by lying and making false promises, while making unwanted changes with the pure intention to make more money that simultaneously ruin the game. Not only are the big spenders (wahles/p2w) the only ones to benefit from it, but the long term/f2p/p2p players also pull the shorter one. Most comments defending the devs are acting like the "toxic" community is being aggressive, unreasonable, and cyber bullying them. But 95% of all the rage comes from the fact that they have blatantly ignored the majority of questions and feedback posts.

This is happening for such a long time and to such a blatant degree now, that seemingly many forumers have given up already (Just look at the activity). It doesn’t matter how many threads and comments we have here, where people make valid criticism, give feedback or are begging for a response from Hutch. While the devs may still scroll through the forum and read some of it, we are still getting ignored. If you are lucky, you may have an encounter on discord, where you can have answers on easy little questions, while the majority there will pretend to not see the elephant in the room. But of course sometimes they will only point out the negative comments and rather unimportant questions, while ignoring the polite and the significant ones. There is nothing that gets people more irritated than a corporate ghosting and question dodging it's community and then pretending like everything is fine and that their forum is up-to-date. Nothing is fine and I currently need to keep check of 3 platforms (In-game Forum, Web Forum and discord) to stay up-to-date, because they seemingly can’t make announcements on every platform but assume that you are active on all three.

By staying silent when people start to get frustrated and posting more and more negative comments for getting ignored, you are just making things worse. That is not a good tactic. I remember the time when you made the excuse up by not having a community manager. You told us everything would change to be better and communication would improve. Now give me your honest opinion, did communication improve? I don’t want to give Katie any blame, she doesn’t deserve that because she was put into a place where she wasn’t able to do something other than getting blamed. I still get the feeling that she is either not allowed to post any insights and make any comments on important discussion or that she can’t make them because she doesn’t even get enough infos by the devs.
And what happened to presenting and testing the prize cars in the top drives show? Frankly nobody cares about the "spotted" thing and who likes what car... 

For example, look at Star Wars BattleFront 2. Their launch was a terrible and legendary PR disaster. Everyone blamed the devs (and EA) for it and they seemingly became one of the most hated at that time. But what did they do? They were able to recover from it and they managed to win back their fan-base. Simply by engaging with the players, talking to them and being open to make positive changes. By that comparison Hutch does not have a difficult hill to climb to win back those who have lost faith.

The ball lays in Hutch’s hands…for weeks even months now. How about finally doing something with it, like setting an example and start talking to us again instead of jumping the ship and letting the forum community slowly fade away. 

Comments

• James_PearceJames_Pearce Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I remember when all this was fields. 
    Post edited by James_Pearce on
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    To the two people who disagreed.
    I'm just curious. Can you elaborate some counter arguments and tell us why?
    Post edited by Mrpiratepete on
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the one person who disagreed.
    I'm just curious. Can you elaborate some counter arguments and tell us why?
    Probably Hutch people
  • 0171801718 Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    @Mrpiratepete I personally agree with wider parts of the criticism. However I really don't like that you and others pretend to know what the majority opinion is. I would have a hard time describing what the population looks like (how many players? how active? located where? how new?) and for sure I would not take the wildest guess on what they think and whose opinion is relevant.

(Just for clarification, I did not 'Disagree' with any post here.)
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
     No publicity here, user is banned.  Again.
    Please don’t start spamming this in multiple threads. Keep your rant to your own thread.
    Post edited by Gsearch on
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    01718 said:
    @Mrpiratepete I personally agree with wider parts of the criticism. However I really don't like that you and others pretend to know what the majority opinion is. I would have a hard time describing what the population looks like (how many players? how active? located where? how new?) and for sure I would not take the wildest guess on what they think and whose opinion is relevant.

(Just for clarification, I did not 'Disagree' with any post here.)
    I've never pretended to know the majority opinion nor did I state, that the above text is the opinion of the majority. It's my opinion.
    But I think that we can all agree that this is the opinion of at least many forum members. Other than that, just take a look in the Ingame-Forum for 15min and then tell me, that it isn't worse there.
    But yes, as you said, we can't know the opinion of the majority of the whole player base, including the silent players who will never speak up about any problems.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, @evangelist 's thread and posts were removed?

Why? The fact that he was completely wrong should not be reason enough to delete them. Now this looks like censorship. 

Everyone was on your side on this one hutch but this can change because of such actions. 
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can still see the thread.
    RWare said:
    Came back now. I specifically inspected the whole front page to see if I wasn't seeing things (or lack thereof) 

Based on the last comment in the thread, which specifically called out @Gsearch and how they hadn't been banned yet, it was most likely some previously banned user trolling
    RWare said:
    Came back now. I specifically inspected the whole front page to see if I wasn't seeing things (or lack thereof) 

Gone again

edited December 2019
    Nailed it.  Troll.

(No publicity here. )

• AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, @evangelist 's thread and posts were removed?

Why? The fact that he was completely wrong should not be reason enough to delete them. Now this looks like censorship. 

Everyone was on your side on this one hutch but this can change because of such actions. 
    I thought the very same. I would have expected an answer, censorship has a bitter taste.

• mikesmikes Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When a user is banned or deleted, do their posts disappear as well?
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, amongst all the drab and moaning, I have to applaud your professionalism and resolve when getting to your responses.

Clear, and cut reasons - a good step in the right direction.

Oh - and massive grats on bringing Helios on board - he is one great guy. I very much doubt he will remember me but I wonder if there's more than me that makes that connection to Ian ;)
  • TopDivesTopDives Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    Guess who's back, back again. Katie is back, tell a friend.