Data transfer

evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'll be switching to a new mobile soon. Can I access my account on it without connecting to Facebook? Help docs seem to suggest it's risky and might not work. Has anyone got any experience with that? 

Comments

• LarspyffLarspyff Posts: 289 ✭✭✭
    Im also curious about this, but if you log in with your fb, it should be fine? Right?
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larspyff said:
    Im also curious about this, but if you log in with your fb, it should be fine? Right?
    zuckerbrg know enough about me as it is, I'm not volunteering any more data.
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 905 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be switching to a new mobile soon. Can I access my account on it without connecting to Facebook? Help docs seem to suggest it's risky and might not work. Has anyone got any experience with that? 
    You are Iphone user, I guess?
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should be able to transfer it using the long number on the settings screen - that’s your unique game ID. This was a while ago though - they might have some new internal policies
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 667 admin
    I'm not sure what the policy is, but I would certainly try asking Support. But you can try creating a temporary Facebook account and using that.
    Hutch_Tim said:
    I'm not sure what the policy is, but I would certainly try asking Support. But you can try creating a temporary Facebook account and using that.
    I do recall someone having trouble later on because of that, when Facebook deleted said account. 

REALAIS said:
    nope, I'm on android. 
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    What happened with the number at the bottom of the settings menu? That should work right? Just install the game on your new phone and just tell the number to support.
    edited December 2019
    Hutch_Tim said:
    I do recall someone having trouble later on because of that, when Facebook deleted said account. 

REALAIS said:
    nope, I'm on android. 
    Then there is ZERO problems. If Your TD profile is assigned to Google play profile/gmail account you can sign in any device without any issues. 
    Just use same gmail account in new device and you are good to go
    edited December 2019
    What happened with the number at the bottom of the settings menu? That should work right? Just install the game on your new phone and just tell the number to support.
    It will not work. Support will not transfer accounts between different emails.
    He just need to link his account with google play profile/gmail account and he can just use same email in different device and continue to play.
    Android is very good for that.
    Glad to hear that. Seems the horror stories being thrown around come from ios then. 
    Glad to hear that. Seems the horror stories being thrown around come from ios then. 
    Exactly. But I heard ios will get back gamecenter and that will eliminate issue for them too. 

P.S. you can have active profile in multiple devices too. So you can log into new phone and double check if everything is working and then reset your old phone or etc.
  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    When will the name bug be fixed? :) 
    Hutch_Tim said:7
    How it is bug? 
  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭
    REALAIS said:
    How it is bug? 
    It shows people as TD### and only shows their names after you've raced them 
  • baestbaest Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭
    I wish I knew how to trigger the name bug, it's stupidity that we can't hide our real identities behind an alias.
    REALAIS said:
    How it is bug? 
    It shows people as TD### and only shows their names after you've raced them 
    Yeah, it is like normal. td profile, nickname or name. Back and forth all the time. I dont bother about that.