Portion Control - Deutschland Tour (Event)

TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
No Control

Comments

• NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tracksets and restrictions 
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Multiple maxed legendary hands everywhere. For a ****ing ceramic. What has this game turned into?
  • Evil_RabbitEvil_Rabbit Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    This new pointsystem....
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Is it spamming?  I joined yesterday afternoon, have only played my free tickets, and have 425 points with a 23-2 record.  If that is a first day bracket, those scores are not unbelievable by any means, without buying tickets.
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres a guy in my lobby with over 1000pts

I'm in a battle with someone who has the same wins as me (52) but he has 54 losses and I have 20. What???

This scoring system is a joke.
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have mixed feelings about the new system. I firmly believe that effort, skill and even buying tickets should be able to beat a stronger hand. I hate seeing people sitting in P9 on 10-0 when I’m in P11 on 45-30 or whatever.

But what we have now is not ideal either. Maybe something halfway between the old & new systems could be tried out.
    I join more or less first day, top hand is the only one who can beat me. 
    To me honest, this is bs....
  • MSteeLMSteeL Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Is it spamming?  I joined yesterday afternoon, have only played my free tickets, and have 425 points with a 23-2 record.  If that is a first day bracket, those scores are not unbelievable by any means, without buying tickets.
    I still think 20/20 was far better option than this. Now it is just tension the whole day
    BoxtaS said:
    I have mixed feelings about the new system. I firmly believe that effort, skill and even buying tickets should be able to beat a stronger hand. I hate seeing people sitting in P9 on 10-0 when I’m in P11 on 45-30 or whatever.

But what we have now is not ideal either. Maybe something halfway between the old & new systems could be tried out.
    I agree in part with your first point. But there are people who won the P1 GTR yesterday at 390-470
    RWare said:
    BoxtaS said:

I agree in part with your first point. But there are people who won the P1 GTR yesterday at 390-470
    Yep, that is just whack I agree. But they were <trying> to stop people getting T1 with 10-0, which is also wrong. Seems that it’s been a failure on both counts so far...
    MSteeL said:
    HeissRod said:
    I still think 20/20 was far better option than this. Now it is just tension the whole day
    I can agree with that.  The new scoring system makes it much more difficult to knock down opponents.
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    System might work if they limit ticket buying or set some cooldown time before you can buy another set of tickets. This might add new tactic dimension into the game and prevent spamming tickets for numerous hours. 
    No way you will see that, tickets and CF sales is a high revenue stream that they will never cut off.  Even if they would put a system like that, would probably see a way to buy yourself out of it
    Get the old system back, yes it was not perfect but its the one we had since the start.
    Sometimes its better to acknowledge that you made an error and roll back
    HeissRod said:
    MSteeL said:
    HeissRod said:
    I can agree with that.  The new scoring system makes it much more difficult to knock down opponents.
    It's impossible. I lost a 550pt gap in the final 20 mins. I was active for this time too. However I will redact that in that instance, the better hand did win.

But apply this to one of those events where any hand can beat any hand because placement and it becomes just a battle of Gold
    They could implement more expensive tickets every time you buy them before the cooldown expires. Maybe? Lol
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    RWare said:
    BoxtaS said:

Yep, that is just whack I agree. But they were <trying> to stop people getting T1 with 10-0, which is also wrong. Seems that it’s been a failure on both counts so far...
    Member that time when gsearch said "you joined late but had 18wins...an 18-0 score is hardly consider a late join"? I member. 
  • SSVSSV Posts: 79 ✭✭✭
    Are we maybe looking back on the old points scoring system through rose tinted glasses? I just remember playing most of the ceramic events for 2 days only to be sitting in 7th with a score of 112 points wondering why I bothered playing for 2 days...
    SSV said:
    Are we maybe looking back on the old points scoring system through rose tinted glasses? I just remember playing most of the ceramic events for 2 days only to be sitting in 7th with a score of 112 points wondering why I bothered playing for 2 days...
    After seeing players lose T1 with a score of 50-10 against someone with 70-70...no I don't think so. (Those numbers are fiction, but you get the point) 
    SSV said:
    After seeing players lose T1 with a score of 50-10 against someone with 70-70...no I don't think so. (Those numbers are fiction, but you get the point) 
    I think there must be a happy medium somewhere between the two points systems 
    BoxtaS said:
    SSV said:
    I think there must be a happy medium somewhere between the two points systems 
    I think we can all agree on that. But can hutch? 🤔
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    MSteeL said:
    They could implement more expensive tickets every time you buy them before the cooldown expires. Maybe? Lol
    Are you with them???? Expensier tickets??? That's an other way to create revenue don't give them ideas man they will do it.
    edited December 2019
    MSteeL said:
    Are you with them???? Expensier tickets??? That's an other way to create revenue don't give them ideas man they will do it.
    I ment 10000 gold more for every set of tickets bought inside the timer... Some poor(rich?) fool would surely do it
    To further my point, I was just beaten out of 2nd buy a guy who was 4th who bought tickets...

We could beat each other. But I am not spending 100 gold to potentially net 60 gold (250 Gold T1  /  90 Gold T2)
    That you could also do in old point system more efectivelly? 
    edited December 2019
    MSteeL said:
    That you could also do in old point system more efectivelly? 

This is true

But as he was 20 wins off me, there is an argument that he may have been further away in points before the last 10 mins

My point is: It's he who spends the most gold....
    RWare said:
    To further my point, I was just beaten out of 2nd buy a guy who was 4th who bought tickets...

We could beat each other. But I am not spending 100 gold to potentially net 60 gold (250 Gold T1  /  90 Gold T2)
    I just had the same, but I think he bought 10 tickets 😂
    BoxtaS said:
    RWare said:

I just had the same, but I think he bought 10 tickets 😂

Which is just daft. He nets 50 Gold whereas he could have just gained 90....
    RWare said:
    HeissRod said:
    MSteeL said:
    HeissRod said:
    It's impossible. I lost a 550pt gap in the final 20 mins. I was active for this time too. However I will redact that in that instance, the better hand did win.

But apply this to one of those events where any hand can beat any hand because placement and it becomes just a battle of Gold
    We had someone overcome a 500-600 point gap in our bracket as well.