McLaren P1 GTR Finals - Italia Tour (Event)

14567810»

Comments

• MSteeLMSteeL Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How the heck? 
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how @Hutch_Tim commented on another thread just 20 minutes ago. Yeah, why bother to answer the late-join stuff.
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    How do people even spend that kind of money? I mean I remember when people used to have 50-100 matches even after joining on the first day. How times have changed. On the other hand, is there some kind of mod out there? Almost 500 matches is insane.
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do people even spend that kind of money? I mean I remember when people used to have 50-100 matches even after joining on the first day. How times have changed. On the other hand, is there some kind of mod out there? Almost 500 matches is insane.
    Consider it a preview for the Chiron sport event.
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 666 admin
    I like how @Hutch_Tim commented on another thread just 20 minutes ago. Yeah, why bother to answer the late-join stuff.
    As you may have inferred, I've been quite busy lately, and today was no exception! While I did manage to get to a few posts where I think my input is useful today, It will take me a while to catch up on everything.

In this specific case, we're still looking in to exactly what happened with the late-joint fix, as this should (obviously) not have happened.
  • BasilBasil Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    If i had any ‘Will’ to fight for T1 after the Audi event, i have lost it now. Well done for the guys who have the P1 but despite late joining you need to spend the whole weekend spending tickets AND buy all packs (when you are lucky). All other ways are bullsh*t. I will not do this every two weeks. As this is the way it will go, Hutch is helping me to stop spending money.
  • 0171801718 Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    So I thought 2% of the players now owning a P1 GTR would not affect me a lot. Now I am not even in the daily top ten, still 5 of 6 opponents around me have it.... 🙄 
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    As you may have inferred, I've been quite busy lately, and today was no exception! While I did manage to get to a few posts where I think my input is useful today, It will take me a while to catch up on everything.

In this specific case, we're still looking in to exactly what happened with the late-joint fix, as this should (obviously) not have happened.
    @Hutch_Tim Any update on it?
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 666 admin
    Hutch_Tim said:

Yep, in fact it turns out to be fairly obvious in retrospect.

When the event turned out to be broken due to the prize-car restriction, we took the event down and replaced it. To do this we 'export' the details of the event (restrictions, track sets, prizes, etc) and then 'import' them again to create a new one. A key new detail that defines an event is the amount of time from the end at which we will stop creating new leaderboards. It turns out this detail isn't picked up in the export process, so when we recreated the event from the export, it just used the default cut-off time (which I think is 1 minute) in the newly set up event.

Enough people had been dissuaded from attempting late entry that roughly half as many people snagged a prize car this way as used to just before we implemented the change, but obviously that's still a lot more than we'd like.

So, the fix for this is fairly obvious (include leaderboard cut-off time when exporting an event), and it's also something we should remember to double-check for major events. As such this really shouldn't happen again. 
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't know if you are a pro or a newbie... why this change isn't in default export? bah...
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Tim late joining strategy was working very well in recent qualifiers. No bracket overfilling and new brackets being created until the end.
    what is the reason for that this time?
    I thought it was fixed?
    Or is it just a measure that will be used in big finals?
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    @Hutch_Tim late joining strategy was working very well in recent qualifiers. No bracket overfilling and new brackets being created until the end.
    I thought it was fixed?
    He explains this in the post literally two above yours.
    O__VER said:
    43MK4 said:
    I thought it was fixed?
    Isn’t he referring to the export/import bug that happened in McLaren final?
    the qualifiers is a new event, so this bug should not be relevant here, or what am I missing?
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    43MK4 said:
    O__VER said:
    43MK4 said:
    I thought it was fixed?
    the qualifiers is a new event, so this bug should not be relevant here, or what am I missing?
    "A key new detail that defines an event is the amount of time from the end at which we will stop creating new leaderboards. It turns out this detail isn't picked up in the export process, so when we recreated the event from the export, it just used the default cut-off time (which I think is 1 minute) in the newly set up event"

So basically, they (messed) it up in the qualifiers because the export process has its faults.
    Post edited by Hutch_Gsearch on
    O__VER said:
    43MK4 said:
    O__VER said:
    43MK4 said:
    I thought it was fixed?
    "A key new detail that defines an event is the amount of time from the end at which we will stop creating new leaderboards. It turns out this detail isn't picked up in the export process, so when we recreated the event from the export, it just used the default cut-off time (which I think is 1 minute) in the newly set up event"

So basically, they fucked it up in the qualifiers because the export process has its faults.
    I understand that export/import thing only to apply due to: “When the event turned out to be broken due to the prize-car restriction” and they hereby had to recreate the event.
    it’s not something they normally have to do(recreating event), so that’s why I wonder why late join was still not eliminated for qualifiers.
  • DannyDanny Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Hutch_Tim said:

Yep, in fact it turns out to be fairly obvious in retrospect.

When the event turned out to be broken due to the prize-car restriction, we took the event down and replaced it. To do this we 'export' the details of the event (restrictions, track sets, prizes, etc) and then 'import' them again to create a new one. A key new detail that defines an event is the amount of time from the end at which we will stop creating new leaderboards. It turns out this detail isn't picked up in the export process, so when we recreated the event from the export, it just used the default cut-off time (which I think is 1 minute) in the newly set up event.

Enough people had been dissuaded from attempting late entry that roughly half as many people snagged a prize car this way as used to just before we implemented the change, but obviously that's still a lot more than we'd like.

So, the fix for this is fairly obvious (include leaderboard cut-off time when exporting an event), and it's also something we should remember to double-check for major events. As such this really shouldn't happen again. 
    So what your saying is practically it’s robins fault? 🙈
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭✭✭