Say hello to Gsearch: an update on forum moderation!

Hutch_KatieHutch_Katie Posts: 263 admin
edited December 2019 in General Discussion

Hi All,

Some of you may already know Gsearch - he’s super active on the Top Drives forums and may well have helped you out with his TD knowledge in the past!
What you may not know is that we recently welcomed Gsearch onto Team Hutch! He’s now working alongside me (well, in a different time zone, but alongside in spirit!) on the Hutch forums. Congrats Gsearch - awesome to have you on the team officially!

We want to make sure that you guys have all the info you need to enjoy Top Drives and having Gsearch on board is helping that happen! 

We also want to take this opportunity to say thanks to everyone who is a regular or occasional contributor to the forums. You make the community what it is, and our games would be nothing without you. 

Let us know if you have any questions! 

Thanks,

Katie and Team Hutch

Post edited by Hutch_Gsearch on

Comments

• xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Gsearch!
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That guy? I'm outta here! :D

But seriously, congrats Gsearch!
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Gsearch
  • ElDidabloElDidablo Posts: 9
    Oh! I thought that was a robot....
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The man, the myth..Gsearch. 

Let's be honest, we would be a mess without him.
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats GSearch! Well deserved!
  • MSteeLMSteeL Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratz! Now, where is all the info we need? A lot of topics need answers🙂
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello to Gsearch. Congrats.
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see that Gsearch is being appreciated for what he does round here. Does this mean any change in the way things will be communicated with us? Has Gsearch gained an inside line to Hutch meaning he can answer some of the hundreds of questions, problems or suggestions that go unanswered? Or is this just an announcement that he is now being paid?
  • Hutch_GsearchHutch_Gsearch Posts: 2,586 admin
    O__VER said:
    Nice to see that Gsearch is being appreciated for what he does round here. Does this mean any change in the way things will be communicated with us? Has Gsearch gained an inside line to Hutch meaning he can answer some of the hundreds of questions, problems or suggestions that go unanswered? Or is this just an announcement that he is now being paid?
    Ha!  I can try to answer any questions.  Some are way out of my league, but I can always ask as well.
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done G. One question I’ve been asking that gets continuously ignored - can you ask about reruns? Any ideas when they are coming back?
  • Hutch_GsearchHutch_Gsearch Posts: 2,586 admin
    @David_Fook If you are referring to previously given prize cars, then no, I can not tell you becasue I do not know.  I think there is a selection process for the next prize to be offered, but I have zero clue what that process is.  I don't think that would be sharable if I had that info.
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Gsearch! I'm very happy for you and thank you for all the hard work you do running the forums! 
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Just noticed this @Gsearch

Worst decision Hutch has ever made!  :s 
    J/K congrats on some well deserved appreciation (notoriety?) you of all people deserved the promotion, thanks for all the interaction with our community G!
    Post edited by Hutch_Gsearch on
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

J/K congrats on some well deserved appreciation (notoriety?) you of all people deserved the promotion, thanks for all the interaction with our community G!
    The fact this post was edited by Gsearch makes me wonder if it was always this friendly...
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:

The fact this post was edited by Gsearch makes me wonder if it was always this friendly...
    Probably just a spelling correction  :D

Seriously though, @Destroyer2k11999 is one of the nicest guys on the forums
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tag for GSearch originally had an "&nbsp" at the end of it, which it looks like he cleared up
  • MoogMoog Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭
    Gsearch said:
    O__VER said:
    Ha!  I can try to answer any questions.  Some are way out of my league, but I can always ask as well.
    Gsearch said:
    I've always wanted to know why shops that repair shoes also cut keys, it's not the same skill set, yet it's always the case. If you could find that out, it would be great :)

In other news, congrats dude!
  • Hutch_KatieHutch_Katie Posts: 263 admin
    All open job roles at Hutch are available here: https://www.hutchgames.com/careers/ @Jay :)

• 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All open job roles at Hutch are available here: https://www.hutchgames.com/careers/ @Jay :)

Quite interesting reading actually
  • Chris1775Chris1775 Posts: 328 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, congrats @Gsearch
    We really admire your hard work and dedication to the community, even if we don't express it often enough!
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is how I picture the prize car selection process. 
    I believe you’re getting confused, that’s the MRA calculator. 
    that also looks like the track selection for club events, im really unsure what we are witnessing here

• 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously speaking now this must be how Italian cars RQ was determined when first Italian update came out.

• Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe you’re getting confused, that’s the MRA calculator. 
    that also looks like the track selection for club events, im really unsure what we are witnessing here

It's also how the winning car is determined in hairpin dirt, 0-60-0 gravel etc.
This discussion has been closed.