Hutch. Give us a hint on the next event.

PichaiPichai Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
So we can prepare.

Comments

• JakeKJakeK Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    Yeah it would be nice to know a day or two ahead at least.
  • Dale96Dale96 Posts: 210 ✭✭✭
    You know you want to give us that hint hutch ;)
  • BigMoBigMo Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    Come on Hutch "you can do it" (Rob Schneider voice)
  • NumarNumar Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah would be nice to show next event when actual starts (like the new one would appears when the uncommon did start) , so you'd have a few days to prepare...
  • HuacanachaHuacanacha Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Be nice to know all the info ahead of time: when it starts 1-2 days out, how long for, what the prizes are etc. they just need to remove the event pack buy button and they can use the same screen as a preview. No reason not to except for the occasional flash event like the current Uncommon one which is fun for an occasional surprise.
    Post edited by Huacanacha on
  • KowpadKowpad Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    Bumping it up
  • papihpapih Posts: 45
    All Muranos/Pathfinders event!

Noooooo....

• Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much notice would be most useful for future events?
    Would 2 weeks advanced notice be better. If you could see a month ahead is that something that would influence daily decisions?
    A 70 RQ limit event with max C class cars
  • daGmandaGman Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would 2 weeks advanced notice be better. If you could see a month ahead is that something that would influence daily decisions?
    I think a week or two would be great. Especially with these new events coming up i didn’t really have many common or rare cards and it was hard to scramble and get a decent hand in less than a day. Also it’d b great if we could see the reqs. And prizes too. Like open the lobby but not be able to match make 
  • ZaphodZaphod Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
    A week is probably enough to find the optimal hand for any type of event and max them. Maybe less for lower class events as the cars are cheaper to upgrade.

Having said that, I personally prefer as little warning as possible. This rewards a good strategy for picking what to keep in your garage.
  • daGmandaGman Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One or two days. Part of the fun in event like the rare one was to decide in a hurry what would be the more efficient cars and trying to upgraded them. Making an error and adjusting your deck. I'm not sure i would have so much fun if everybody  was entering an event with fully upgraded cars. . 

Edit: in fact I think I prefer the way it is at the moment. Maybe some event with known information and some spontaneous one would be best. 
    I would agree if it is easier to upgrade cars but once you hit max level it gets hard to grind coins even to upgrade Rares 
  • XA2XA2 Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    1-2 days would be enough, so everyone needs to hurry preparing hands. 1-2 weeks is too long and hands would be too prepared, I preffer something more espontaneous
  • SurfRatSurfRat Posts: 106 ✭✭✭
    I love it! Keep it instant and spontaneous. Keep the courses totally random and good luck to you. This uncommon event is a great challenge: plan for off-road, next race has a couple asphalt tracks. Plan for that, next is all dirt and sand.... totally keeps one guessing. Guess wrong, you lose. Guess right, you're probably going to win. Everyone has a chance....think your strategy is better? Put up!
    Clarification: by instant and spontaneous, I mean no warning of the event like Hutch did this time. This insures that you check in on a regular basis or you might miss something....
    Also, this low end event is why one purchases garage slots! I have one of every uncommon car in my garage. Most are maxed due to accumulation from when I started the game. I've spent zero to be competitive in this event!
  • krystiankrystian Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭
    1 day
  • LukasWilliamsLukasWilliams Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    Two days tops, not more. As bobdylan said - everyone will have top hands otherwise.
    2/3 days would be nice to be prepared
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 841 admin
    If we do give more notice, there will be more events to prepare for at the same time, so that should prevent players from adequately preparing for all upcoming events. However, I understand the spontaneity of an event is exciting, too.
  • mikesmikes Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we do give more notice, there will be more events to prepare for at the same time, so that should prevent players from adequately preparing for all upcoming events. However, I understand the spontaneity of an event is exciting, too.
    Agreed on all points. If there is just one event besides the usually daily event, I think one day notice is enough. If there is 3-4 events a day, then a few days notice each would be helpful.
  • Dale96Dale96 Posts: 210 ✭✭✭
    I’d definitely say max of 2 days people hands will be too good if it’s over a week
  • PichaiPichai Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Yea, two days notice should be enough time for you to gather up your lineups.

But, it would help a lot, if you would considered lowering the garage prices. I love to collect as much as I enjoy playing the game.  My garage is full at 315 cars and I hate selling them just to make room for newer cars.
    lol have 40 slots and 30 cars ^^
  • ZaphodZaphod Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
    Why not mix? Have some bigger events with longer notices so that people can prepare but also throw some short surprise events into the mix.
  • willcf15willcf15 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    Pichai said:
    Yea, two days notice should be enough time for you to gather up your lineups.

But, it would help a lot, if you would considered lowering the garage prices. I love to collect as much as I enjoy playing the game.  My garage is full at 315 cars and I hate selling them just to make room for newer cars.
    with 315 cars, aren't you prepared for most events? I feel like I can usually pull something at least okay together in a day or two, and I only have 71
    Pichai is like me: likes to collect as well as race. I have 359 different in my garage and I don't collect the common cars! In fact, I derive more enjoyment out of collecting versus racing because I don't have a lot of free time to race. As a result, I get ghost defeated a lot but I don't care.
  • BugattiBugatti Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An event calender would be absolutely helpful and amazing ;)