How about this?

davecanndavecann Posts: 25
edited January 12 in R&D
1) 2 types of tyre to be used in the race
2) allow us to run 1 lap qualifying rather than the program and we start on the tyres we qualified on, unless wet.
3)all types of dry compound tyres available to us.
4)engineers and pit crew that you can BUY once ALL the parts have maxed out. The engineers would have an effect on the drivers performance just like in real life. The pit crew would have a percentage chance of making a mistake. Make both of these upgradeable with ( for example) a striped crate.
These would  make the game far more realistic and give the top players something to achieve use the same principle as you do now with tiers. 

Answers

• Series8AllTracksSeries8AllTracks Posts: 78 ✭✭
    If we increase amount of laps to 12 to up to 25, introduce medium and intermediate tires, fun will be endless 
  • davecanndavecann Posts: 25
    Not only intermediate and medium but ultrasoft too.
    Give the player the option to choose how many laps they want to do when they choose Race give them the option on the next screen of 8, 12,15, 20, 25 laps 
    Then the option to run qualifying or automatic qualifying (is as now)
     The players are then matched not only on the existing criteria( which appear to be basically flawed anyway) but ALSO on the options they pick. That way you don't get picked to run a 25 lap race if you only want to run an 8 lap race or auto quali if you want to run a quali lap.(Pretty sure you could put in 3 practice laps to enable you to pick best set up for EACH driver rather than having 1 driver start in top 5 and the other driver (with similar stats) down in the back of the field. (Example Leclerc and Grosean although different tiers are actually pretty evenly matched when both are maxed out but there is quite often a huge gap in quali performance which obviously affects the race)
    Should make the game more exciting, and more like managing a race team than just going into a race and running soft tyres. 
    Do Hutch ever read any of these ideas do we know or is it just a PR exercise?
  • Legend81Legend81 Posts: 94 ✭✭
    Try my YouTube videos: it will answer a lot of questions. 

Thanks will take a look

• MajorJeffMajorJeff Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    Theres nothing on there about R&D
    This was a post to Hutch
    ok, I was more interested in what people thought of my ideas for future updates, I wasa bit confused by the post about watching u tube videos lol
  • MajorJeffMajorJeff Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    I'm hesitant about the longer races.

The current version of the game runs about 300s time-wise simulating the min. 300 km F1 race.
    Some races do run longer. Unfortunately, they're only in a Series that is less rewarding.

Its a nicely scaled model which seems to works well when played properly by both players.