PL11.0 - The Great Exhibition Discussion

Comments

• REALAISREALAIS Posts: 904 ✭✭✭✭
    And now 323 is winning rolling start Twisty circuit...
    Before update

After update it is faster, why?

edited January 24

And now 233 is 0.25 faster.

It is "new normal" or that counts as "bug"?
  • NemezNemez Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    RUF BTR is now faster than Tamora on 1m
    Nemez said:
    You are little bit late. BTR was better after previous update.
  • malsmals Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    REALAIS said:
    Before update

After update it is faster, why?

Time to learn what performance is better again... it will be tedious

Lotus 233 and 323 tie in gforce and slalom, 323 wins slalom rolling start
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    REALAIS said:
    Nemez said:
    Not on 1 mile it wasn't
    edited January 24
    REALAIS said:
    Nemez said:
    Not on 1 mile it wasn't
    You want to say that Tamora is nerfed? Because BTR achieves 29.56 from IR update.
    Btr was better 4 months ago with PL10... you are sleeping too.
  • DannyDanny Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭
    mals said:
    ¿Por qué este nuevo elan tiene más manejo con las mismas estadísticas (misma potencia, par y peso) que el anterior?

Come on guys it’s clearly because it purple and we all know purple cars handle better!
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    On the bright side, Good time to quit spending though, thank you Hutch I was needed this one.

Before updateAfter update

What alters 233 racing times? Why suddenly 233 is slower? Only becaus e simulation is 2x faster and suddenly cars are getting slower? 
    And 233 tune was not good tune but bug for some races? 
    This is frustrating. Its not like I have so many resources to be able create new cars for each 233 I have made...
  • Cmakka23Cmakka23 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Is this one of the most pointless updates ever? Give us a new mode that looks not too bad, then release it with not much info and then give no one access, surely they would have had the foresight to give us enough to at least start? Still no packs either! I've saved for this and a day after release it's still useless. Great job!
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24
    Cmakka23 said:
    Is this one of the most pointless updates ever? Give us a new mode that looks not too bad, then release it with not much info and then give no one access, surely they would have had the foresight to give us enough to at least start? Still no packs either! I've saved for this and a day after release it's still useless. Great job!
    Just curious as to why you are in a rush for new packs to be released? I am genuinely interested, as there is no specific events for the update cars at the moment and it does not really matter if it is today, tomorrow, next week based on this. 

Also Hutch need to make sure there are no really big issues from the update, before they release the packs. As the flak they would get from selling packs that had bugged/flawed cars in them would not go down well. It is in their interest to have a delay before release.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cmakka23 said:
    Just curious as to why you are in a rush for new packs to be released? I am genuinely interested, as there is no specific events for the update cars at the moment and it does not really matter if it is today, tomorrow, next week based on this. 

Also Hutch need to make sure there are no really big issues from the update, before they release the packs. As the flak they would get from selling packs that had bugged/flawed cars in them would not go down well. It is in their interest to have a delay before release.
    Im in a rush for the deals as they come with slots which i need. I already had to sell lots of GE cars instead of storing them. Was hoping for something yesterday evening, as it was pretty expectable that a lot of players go on a big pack buying spree and need garage space today.
  • ThatPorscheGuyThatPorscheGuy Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Why did the huayra get an unannounced mra nerf? It used to be an amazing 30rq and now its closer to 29rq in worth. 
  • Hutch_KatieHutch_Katie Posts: 259 admin
    Hi All, quick update with some info.
    • I added the Huayra bullet point into the patch notes, but I didn't highlight the addition in the thread as I'd intended to. Apologies this wasn't openly highlighted in the threads, it was a busy day and I missed the opportunity there.
    • For anyone playing an event at the moment and seeing new names crop up in their leaderboard and thinking it looks odd/like people are cheating; I’ve been assured it isn’t possible for players to cheat the mechanics in the brackets.
      There are players on PL10 that are in the same brackets as PL11 players, but you can’t see each other at the moment. When a player then updates their game to PL11, you will see them appear in your leaderboard, but they haven’t cheated their way to their position.
      Now that PL11 is out for all devices, we are going to enable a forced update so any players still on PL10 can’t play until they update. This will then mean everyone in the brackets you can see has updated and anyone you can’t see (and won't know about), hasn’t played since registering in the event.
    • There are currently no events available to earn renown at the moment, but once we can force update all players, we can then schedule the events. No events are confirmed yet until we can push a force update.
    • Robin is writing up 11.1 pre-pre Patch Notes highlighting what we'll be fixing for PL11.1 - I'll post these as soon as I have them. (Likely on Monday now) 
    • Everyone is asking where the GE Pack is and good news for those RQ 80+, a FREE pack will be going out shortly with our Great Exhibition offers. You will have 1 week to claim your gift, so anyone close to RQ80, you have time to get there.
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Katie will the hills bug be included in 11.1?
  • KarhgathKarhgath Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    GE packs are out: the free starter pack, Carbon Fiber special, and the Elite Pack
  • Hutch_KatieHutch_Katie Posts: 259 admin
    PL11.1 Pre-Patch notes are now here.
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t revert to 30 fps, that would be a mistake.... 60 fps is an improvement, keep working it it instead of reverting just because it had some unforseen sideeffects
    Some unforeseen side affects? The entire mechanics of the game are drastically altered.
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    Don’t revert to 30 fps, that would be a mistake.... 60 fps is an improvement, keep working it it instead of reverting just because it had some unforseen sideeffects
    Some unforeseen side affects? The entire mechanics of the game are drastically altered.
    60 fps is an improvement though so keep working on it instead of just throwing in the towel? Draws are **** for the game.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    60 fps is an improvement though so keep working on it instead of just throwing in the towel? Draws are **** for the game.
    Based on the patch notes, they aren't throwing in the towel?

While we think this a definite upgrade as it increases granularity, reduces ties, and fixes some other residual issues, it might be too much at once, so I’m proposing we revert and then revisit this when we do some other wide-ranging engine improvements previously identified, which ideally we would want to pair with a temporary retuning feature
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So will the move back to 30fps or the fix of the grip issue reset all the changes we saw with 0-60 times?
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    mikes said:
    Based on the patch notes, they aren't throwing in the towel?

While we think this a definite upgrade as it increases granularity, reduces ties, and fixes some other residual issues, it might be too much at once, so I’m proposing we revert and then revisit this when we do some other wide-ranging engine improvements previously identified, which ideally we would want to pair with a temporary retuning feature
    And when would that happen? Not like things usually change fast with TD so I dont even want to know how far back on the list something that was in the game then removed to be revisorer would be... could take years before we get 60 fps again
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    I'm pretty sure those issues (slicks off-road) are nothing to do with the resolver. 

The only mechanics changes I've seen that might be down to the resolver is a shift in which tunes are optimal and I don't yet have any grasp as to whether that requires a  change of approach or whether it's just shifted up or down by a couple of RQ. 

I do think the new resolver needs to be launched a couple of months ahead of the re-tuning so people can get a grasp on the tuning changes, or you'll get a lot of people using their re-tuning early and then complaining when it emerges it doesn't work the way they thought. 
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    I totally understand where you’re going with this - the increased granularity, etc. that results from the 60fps resolver is a definite improvement. On the one hand, I agree that it should be a foundation moving forward. 

On the other hand, Mike is right. The entirety of the strategy for the game has been thrown into a blender and then splattered on the wall Jackson Pollock-style. Think you had your tunes optimized? Think again. Think your 4WD/All-surface will win up the hill? No wait, there goes that Twizy F1 on slicks leaving you in the dust. As Robin mentioned in the pre-pre patch notes for 11.1, something that introduces changes this drastic into the game has to be better communicated and understood, and there has to be a support system in place (e.g. a temporary retuning system). It’s clear how outraged the long-term playerbase is right now because this update shook the game up so significantly. We’ve just had a massive content injection, and essentially restarting everyone at square one (having to rediscover which tunes win where, etc) doesn’t lay a good foundation for this content to be enjoyed to it’s full potential.

Personally, I think reverting the changes for now is the way to go. That definitely doesn’t mean scrap the 60fps resolver, but build around it. Hold off on future new content for awhile and prioritize a bug-fix, game engine, and QoL update. Develop a support system to accompany the reintroduction of the chaos that is the new 60fps resolver results. But for now, let us enjoy the new cars and new mode as part of the game we knew, not a whole new puzzle to figure out.
    mikes said:
    The entirety of the strategy for the game has been thrown into a blender and then splattered on the wall Jackson Pollock-style.
     :D:D:D:D
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    mikes said:
    The entirety of the strategy for the game has been thrown into a blender and then splattered on the wall Jackson Pollock-style.
    Lol I was just trying to come up with good imagery to help visualize the chaos that the game is at the moment. Glad I could give you a good laugh
    edited January 24
    HeissRod said:
    mikes said:
    Lol I was just trying to come up with good imagery to help visualize the chaos that the game is at the moment. Glad I could give you a good laugh
    Reminds me of the Frog in a Blender flash game