The relentless erosion of goodwill

James_PearceJames_Pearce Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
The failure to fix late-joining; prize board nerfing to deal with ‘inflation’; a tidal wave of CF packs that apparently don’t cause inflation; updates that fundamentally skew the balance of cars in each bracket; the failure to fix ETB; the failure to sort most of the car errors; nerfing certain cars before the next update so that the new cars are better; server errors that are our fault not theirs; constant bugged brackets in events; Tri-Series that pretty much ignore any cars that came before the last couple of updates - three years in, it still feels like we’re beta testing a game for the developers, and being charged for the privilege. A lot of the user base is really frustrated, and the response is, well, to not respond, quite often. 

On the back of all of this, sometimes it’s a little thing that finally tips the balance. And on this occasion, it’s the surreptitious spread of a rule that was only ever meant to apply to Tri-Series finals - the no Prize Cars rule. 

We were told that Prize Cars were banned because they gave an unfair advantage, and that it wasn’t fair to use a Prize Car to win another Prize Car. I still don’t agree, but accepted that was how it was.

Now we’re banned from using Prize Cars in the Silver Lunar New Year event. An event where if you don’t have a Superlight (still one of my unicorns) and a specific Gallardo (which I don’t), you’ve got no chance. My Levante and Viper GTS-R, which would at least make me more competitive, are banned. 

So please, Hutch, answer me this. How far is this ban going to spread? If a 2x CF event is not suitable, how long before the CF event after a Tri-Series isn’t suitable?

And ultimately, please explain to me the point of fighting to win Prize Cars if you’re going to continually reduce the times I can use them? 

Comments

• AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    I have to correct me, my (now deleted) post was wrong. There is still customer communication, as within a minute i got a forum warning from Robin and my posts were deleted here.
    I have to admit I pressed LOL with a bit of anxiety. :)
    You are next :)
    For me a forum is a place to express thoughts and feelings, not just to praise things. None of the things i wrote were new, you can find them written here and in the ingame forum from many different players.
    But back to topic please, James above has similar thoughts and knows how to use better words than i do.

• James_PearceJames_Pearce Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with everything posted, unfortunately you can’t have constructive dialogue anymore if nobody from Hutch replies to anything. 
    We’ll have a constructive monologue until they deign to reply. 
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my question is ... when you win a Levante? i lost something? :D:D

ps: ok... maybe i remember a bug for IR cars that are all as "prize car"
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:

Think you’ve got your wires crossed. Caterham RS Levante was a prize car awarded in August 2018.

mauro07 said:

Think you’ve got your wires crossed. Caterham RS Levante was a prize car awarded in August 2018.

LOL i forgot this car!! :D
  • KrDalleKrDalle Posts: 454 ✭✭✭
    We are not buying enough cf packs, so they havent enough money to add people to the small team for communication and bug fixing!
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with James, Danny and 40778 👍
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm jealous how many agrees you're racking up, save some girls for the rest of us
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget that they are going to do some server testing while giving out the best car(arguably) in the game.
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The extra bonus was appreciated Robin, I think it was somewhat drowned out by the way the events took on the form of Superlight or bust.

I know, I know, before someone shoots me down, there's ALWAYS a dominant car in every restrictions. But the Superlight is often the top in many restriction sets. If this time round it was a KTM - I doubt there would be this level of humph.

And to re-iterate, the salt in the wounds (kinda) was the exclusion of the prize cars that could have offset the Superlight army for non superlight owners.
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RWare said:
    The extra bonus was appreciated Robin, I think it was somewhat drowned out by the way the events took on the form of Superlight or bust.

I know, I know, before someone shoots me down, there's ALWAYS a dominant car in every restrictions. But the Superlight is often the top in many restriction sets. If this time round it was a KTM - I doubt there would be this level of humph.

And to re-iterate, the salt in the wounds (kinda) was the exclusion of the prize cars that could have offset the Superlight army for non superlight owners.
    Exactly. I don't have a Superlight but I do have an RQ29 Levante. Which, by the way, is somehow not as good as an RQ26 Superlight in all the situations where you would logically use a Caterham. Even when maxed.

I feel like that extra three RQ would be a fair penalty to take in order to use a prize car.

These last few Lunar events sucked for me. A couple of CFs through a lucky bracket at the end was a nice bonus, and it was nice to get those two prize cars in the challenge, so thanks for that at least Hutch.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will look to allow prize cars in future. I think I can approach temporary collections with 'a curated selection of cars' from a particular category, such that it allows me the flexibility to design interesting sets of cars and include underused models, while perhaps not including already overused cars (e.g. Superlight R500), keeping the set focused while not having to rule out all prize cars (e.g. in another set that might mean allowing prize cars, but not allowing the 918 Spyder, which is already featured so often. In this case, that might have meant no Metro in the Silver event).

For what it's worth, I thought of this as an inversion of the normal set up. In Tri Series, you win packs using prize cars, but must use non-prize cars in the Final. This time, we had the opposite, win prize cars using prize cars in the challenge, but not use them in the Finals. Apologies if it just ended up being frustrating! I hope you could still somewhat enjoy the bonus nature of the three events that came along with this [email protected]_Robin
    FWIW I liked the idea of this and the format, yes there were issues that people weren’t happy about that we are all aware of already but at least it was something different and the prizes were very good. One of these a month in place of a prize car event and I’d be happy. 

Solid 7/10 effort. 
  • KarhgathKarhgath Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    RWare said:

One superlight was a must/necessary, sure, but never saw an army in my bracket because of the Green Hell (you could easily lose 100+ points with a SL). I did see a RS200/Evo army that was somewhat successful.

Overall tho, it was an interesting event (even if I got nothing from my T2 pack) and a nice change of pace.

However, normally, prize cars do have the tendency to dominate specific events otherwise -  in the Chiron Prelims for example, the Metro is unbeatable and wins by 100+ easily against most other cars. It's really not one size fits all for a solution there. I understand the challenge Hutch faces.

Really bad brainstorm: There are +% win bonus available in the game linked to some criteria already. Might be a super bad idea, but how about -% penalties for winning with a prize car and/or a larger loss if you lose with a prize car for example. Kind of an Handicap for using a prize car.

• RWareRWare Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A handicap for using a prize car in events that allow prize cars.

Sorry what? 
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds interesting, will definetly add some new tactic dimension. 
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a feature design similar to this, 'RQ Break', so rather than restrictions, I'd be able to say US event, but Buicks are 3 RQ less each, or handling event but Caterhams are 4 RQ more each. Events tend to be better when I can get more players in, but bonus points don't do much if the cars never win, so one way around that is a temporary event-specific shift in RQ. I'm still a fan of this, but haven't fit it in yet.
    I really like that idea. Could get a bit complex though.
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a feature design similar to this, 'RQ Break', so rather than restrictions, I'd be able to say US event, but Buicks are 3 RQ less each, or handling event but Caterhams are 4 RQ more each. Events tend to be better when I can get more players in, but bonus points don't do much if the cars never win, so one way around that is a temporary event-specific shift in RQ. I'm still a fan of this, but haven't fit it in yet.
    Or maybe a win penalty would be easier? For example, in this event, the Caterham would only give 30 or 40 points for the win?

it's a good idea... because in this last event of the rat, the Rq is 130 and you can fit 5 superlight for example... you put 2 city streets and it was a good strategy but it's possbile to find people with 5 of the same car of 5 cars with rq26.... if they have a malus, for one specific car, they need to use some low rq!! and maybe we will see more strategy in the choice of hands!!
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:

it's a good idea... because in this last event of the rat, the Rq is 130 and you can fit 5 superlight for example... you put 2 city streets and it was a good strategy but it's possbile to find people with 5 of the same car of 5 cars with rq26.... if they have a malus, for one specific car, they need to use some low rq!! and maybe we will see more strategy in the choice of hands!!
    OMGWTFBBQ!!!
    HeissRod said:
    mauro07 said:

OMGWTFBBQ!!!

so funny.... a me sembra un po' di bullismo nei miei confronti, sarà perchè non sono anglofono, sarà perchè ho le mie idee e le esprimo, sarà perchè siete dei servi della gleba... o magari ricevete qualcosa in cambio per essere dei vassalli del potere.... comunque toglierò il disturbo... tranquilli.... adios!! E se il forum muore è per cose del genere!! Oltre allo scempio di Hutch con i vari bug e con la non comunicazione nei confronti dei suoi clienti che sono anche non anglofoni!!