Help Needed

Ok...so up till yesterday i was doing well across series 1-5....now suddenly i cant seem to get anything right and constantly underperforming across all series! I have 320 flags.

I have the following set up: 

Power 81
Aero 30 
Grip 45
Reliability 30
Pit Stop 5.85

I know pit stop needs increasing.

Heres a run down of whats unlocked this far; (Bold is what I have selected atm)

Brakes: Anchor (4) Heavy Duty (1) Soft Touch (6) Slam Stop (1) WTWT (1) 

Gearbox; Revolution (6) TorQ(1) Shredder (3) King Cog (1) 

Rear Wing; Sticky (1) Jet Stream (5) Afterburner (2) Dream Stream (2) 

Front Wing; Ramjet (1) Turbulence (5) Laser Lock (3) Rollercoaster (1) 

Suspension; Magic Carpet (1) Smoothie (5) Stilts (3) Shox (1) Profiler (1) 

Engine; Inferno (6) Zen (4) Free Wheeler (3) X-1 (1) 

Drivers Unlocked; 

Stroll (6) Albon (6) Hulkenburg (1) Giovanzzi (5) Kubica (4) Verstappen (2) Kyvat (6) Gasly (2) Riccardio (1) Norris (4) Sainz (2) Bottas (3) Russell (1) Vettel (1) 

Any help with set up or driver lineup would be greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• MajorJeffMajorJeff Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    Aero & Grip need major improvement.
    You've got great power, but it isn't being applied efficiently.

Aim to reduce pit time. 
    The teams with greater success rates are below 3.80s.!
  • owen10ozzyowen10ozzy Posts: 11
    Thanks for the reply Major...

Yeah almost all parts i could change reduce power by 2 or 3 which is fine...problem is i dont have any parts that increase grip without drastically reducing aero and vice versa. 

Pit stop is reduced to about as low as possible with the parts i have unlocked. Only possible change i can make is to change a part for extra .3 seconds on pit stop but would cost me 9 in reliability
    Balance is obviously key but so difficult finding it. 
    Balance is obviously key but so difficult finding it. 
    So true.

It takes time to build a winning F1 team, but it's well worth the effort.

Try to minimize your time on hard tyres since they will slow you down.

That may mean rethinking pit strategies, but every second counts.

Good luck. See you on the track.
    I have drivers who can do 6 laps on hard...and often try to keep on seperate pit strategies...but am i losing more time doing 1 pit stop strategy using hard tyres? 

Basically would it be quicker staying on soft and doing 2 stops? 
    Tough for me to make that call.

Generally speaking, Hard tryes are slower, but not always a bad choice.

It really depends on race conditions, qualifying positions, and the other teams Tyre selections.

It's nice to have a standard racing strategy, but as you advance into higher series, and into higher divisions you will need to develop a few strategies for each track.

https://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/8553/basic-f1-strategy
  • DFYFZXDFYFZX Posts: 18
    edited January 27
    Don’t ever use hards. Two stop on softs and try to finish with as little fuel as possible. Wrap your head around sticking to softs then work in your Green/Red pacing. I rarely use Yellow. Usually once the race is won and I’m just cruising and at the start for the first turn. Finishing with over .50 in fuel is an inefficient race. Start Yellow on the grid and thru the first turn, then Green until the pack spaces out so you can pass then go hard the last half of the race when you can actually make up ground. Something like GGR...Pit...GGR...Pit...RR works really well. All depends on your tires/fuel of course. 3/3/2 is very common. If one of your drivers can do 4/2/2, that’ll help stagger the pits. Do like GGGG...RR...RR with that guy if you can pull off the tire life. It feels weird letting the pack pass you up but the last half of the race is a barn burner😎

I don’t know how many cards you have for them, or cash to upgrade then with, but Profiler and Free Wheeler are long term, best in slot parts you should start focusing on when the resources are available.

You’re using the proper drivers for your current options. Norris is worth the long term investment. I still run into him all the time in Series 7 races and he’s very competitive. He and Grosjean are arguably to the two best Standard drivers. Bottas at L4+ is a complete monster😎 You’ll move on from Kvyat eventually, but he’s solid for where you’re at.

Losing streaks happen, and are frustrating, just keep farming those Race Crates. It might take a few days, but you’ll get your groove back. With Free Crates and Race Crates, you’re at least making progress even if it doesn’t feel like it. 

I’d focus on getting to that .50 fuel left at the end of the race. You’ll know you nearly hit your driver’s max potential if they’re threatening to slow down😂

Hopefully that helps in some way...

Good luck!

Thank you Major & DFY....

Your advice has been a great help so far. I have used it wisely getting myself to Series 6 (unlocked) but stuck at Series 5 with a win rate of around 60-65%...i have posted a new thread seeking advice again. 
    See you there.
    edited January 31
    @DFYFZX
    Disagree with the 'don't ever use hards'.
    But that's another conversation.  ;)
    Post edited by MajorJeff on
  • BreadCBreadC Posts: 9
    i use hards with norris in series 4 sometimes depending on qualifying position.
  • jiggywithmejiggywithme Posts: 5
    I finish quite high in many races, using hards are a great option.  I am sticking to that and not winning but finishing in top 5 often.  
  • jiggywithmejiggywithme Posts: 5
    The 4 2 2 works quite well but the game is a lottery.  I once raced by chance on the same track with same drivers and same setup.  Finished dead last once, finished in top 10 once and once on the podium.  Competitors were similar flags to mine.  There is no guarantee.  
    other things that really gets my blood boiling is turn 1. my drivers basically cometo a standstill on the outside and lose like 6 positions. WTF
    The 4 2 2 works quite well   
    Mathematically, it can be slower. 
    Be careful with that one.  B)
    Games a pile of dog ****. Down to my last 16k....doesnt matter what set up i go to. 

My win rate went from around 75% -80% across first 4 series...down to around 60% in series 5 and since then its around 35% across even the lower series. Cant even consistently win on series 1,2 and 3 anymore. 

Its either just aiming to seriously *&€& me off (congrats to you game you won) or im doing something fundamentally wrong. 

Quite honestly cant be the latter as i have read just about every hint and tip across this forum. Have read the kind people who have replied to this thread and done as they have suggested and all to no avail. 

Genuinely dont think ive ever played a game where ive gone from relative success to absolute dog shite so quickly!! 

Just to give an idea...in last weeks league i got too 20.2 million coins in first 2 and bit days.....in the 4 days following that i added just 500k!!! Explain that :( 
    @owen10ozzy
    Did you get the dm?
    I got a feeling the ai improve as your car improves and it comes down to luck
    BreadC said:
    I got a feeling the ai improve as your car improves and it comes down to luck
    Yup. 
    Noticed it after changing Pit Time.
    Luck helps too. 
    im in a vicious cycle at the moment as well. i work my way up through the series to get to 200k coins. do a series 5 race and get spanked haha