No prizes.

LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 12 in General Discussion
Apologies if it’s already been reported but nobody post update seems to be getting the rewards from tonight. 

Comments

• KarhgathKarhgath Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, reported in PL 11.1 bug reports thread

Did anyone PRE update got rewards?
  • chemineecheminee Posts: 61 ✭✭
    I got no prizes either....
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karhgath said:

Yeah pretty sure tons of us who didn't update got our stuff
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karhgath said:

Yes, I did
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭
    Post update - didn’t get
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12
    Karhgath said:

Cheers, there’s so many of those pinned announcements I’ve no idea what one to look in for what information tbh so I just thought I’d start a thread. @Hutch_Robin any info?
    Ok so really a post-update issue. 

HeissRod said:
    Karhgath said:

Yes, I did
    Grats for 1st place (I assume no one dethroned you)!
    Karhgath said:
    Ok so really a post-update issue. 

HeissRod said:
    Karhgath said:

Yes, I did
    Grats for 1st place (I assume no one dethroned you)!
    Thanks and yes.  Unfortunately, just a boring B from the CF. :(
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭✭✭
    takes and no update the game!! LOL
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karhgath said:

Cheers, there’s so many of those pinned announcements I’ve no idea what one to look in for what information tbh so I just thought I’d start a thread. @Hutch_Robin any info?
    Did you know you can dismiss them???
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karhgath said:

Did you know you can dismiss them???
    I didn’t no. Why do we need them all. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭✭
    Seems its affecting everyone who has updated.

I haven't updated so I did get my prize, although I received prize for position 4 instead of position pos 2. I was player 2 by some margin, something to do with brackets during updates as same thing happened to me two updates ago and support fobbed me off. Has anyone experienced the same?
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nacho101 said:

I haven't updated so I did get my prize, although I received prize for position 4 instead of position pos 2. I was player 2 by some margin, something to do with brackets during updates as same thing happened to me two updates ago and support fobbed me off. Has anyone experienced the same?
    Interesting, i was given rank 3 in the ceramic event, tho i was clearly 2nd which was also comfirmed by the guy at 1st.

• Updated the game. Didn’t received anything from both events. :(
    edited February 12
    Nacho101 said:

This is the same thing I asked about earlier and what we have experienced in the past with updates arriving during events.  Say you are in a bracket of 10 people and sitting in 5th.  1st and 2nd update their devices.  When you load the event, those two no longer visually show on your leaderboard, but they are still part of your leaderboard, even though you cannot play against them.  You now show in 3rd.  When the event ends, everyone's points are considered for the final standings, even though you couldn't see them.   If no one changed positions, you would get a payout for 5th place, even though you saw 3rd in your leaderboard.

To your specific example, you say you were in 2nd by a good margin.  In the post-update (same) bracket, someone could have passed you in total points, bringing you to 4th in the end, without you having any chance to do anything about it.
    HeissRod said:
    This is the same thing I asked about earlier and what we have experienced in the past.  Say you are in a bracket of 10 people and sitting in 5th.  1st and 2nd update their devices.  When you load the event, those two no longer visually show on your leaderboard, but they are still part of your leaderboard, even though you cannot play against them.  You now show in 3rd.  When the event ends, everyone's points are considered for the final standings, even though you couldn't see them.   If no one changed positions, you would get a payout for 5th place, even though you saw 3rd in your leaderboard.

To your specific example, you say you were in 2nd by a good margin.  In the post-update (same) bracket, someone could have passed you in total points, bringing you to 4th in the end, without you having any chance to do anything about it.
    This is scary, would explain what happpened earlier today.

• _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 225 ✭✭✭✭
    So we were playing blind without the ability to target our actual opponents who would have competed for our spots? Is this the case, @Hutch_Robin ?
  • justjukiejustjukie Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Nacho101 said:

This is the same thing I asked about earlier and what we have experienced in the past with updates arriving during events.  Say you are in a bracket of 10 people and sitting in 5th.  1st and 2nd update their devices.  When you load the event, those two no longer visually show on your leaderboard, but they are still part of your leaderboard, even though you cannot play against them.  You now show in 3rd.  When the event ends, everyone's points are considered for the final standings, even though you couldn't see them.   If no one changed positions, you would get a payout for 5th place, even though you saw 3rd in your leaderboard.

Thank you for explaining that. It makes sense reading it but damn if that doesn't suck. That explains how I went from 9th to 12th. I feel like that should sticking to an update schedule then like every other company in the world who pushes updates sticks to a singular day. Just spitballing here but deploying an update on a day where a 2 or 3 day event doesn't end seems feasible to minimize the fallout.
    Why is this a surprise for the oldtimers?  This is how it has always worked.
    edited February 12
    Yeah, I figured... anyway I was T2 for sure either way, but events are gone now, not even waiting for results, and no rewards
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Why is this a surprise for the oldtimers?  This is how it has always worked.
    Yup. Better or worse, it’s how it’s been for quite some time. 
    @HeissRod even I don’t remember this. Has it happened more than 1-2 times?
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @HeissRod even I don’t remember this. Has it happened more than 1-2 times?
    I didn't even know about it either 
    So we were playing blind without the ability to target our actual opponents who would have competed for our spots? Is this the case, @Hutch_Robin ?
    Yes, thats how it works. Arturo confirmed this on the igf that brackets get merged in the end with updaters/non-updaters. Sick.
    A bit unsensitive to push the update while prelims end.

Wow! If that truly is the case, then it will be a very deceptive form of “competition”...since, you know, we couldn’t really compete against our ACTUAL rivals. @Hutch_Robin I’d love to hear an official statement and rationale for that. How do you spin that to make it look like fair play? I’m genuinely curious. 
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    Now I am confused. All updates before, I always choosed to do update while there is active event. I get those update brackets and for me as Farming player, I was higher than I should be, and I never had dropped back in tiers in this mentioned "bracket merge".
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭
    Two events are disappeared and no prizes yet
  • Robbie_CheauxRobbie_Cheaux Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    Yep...
  • Snaetch89Snaetch89 Posts: 42
    HeissRod said:
    Nacho101 said:

this can also go the other way round since i was p88 before the update in the one event and finished p12 with doing one race after the update and a miserably score