Rerun Discussion

David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
So now that we have reruns available let’s have a chat. What are you hoping for? I would personally like to see reruns of any cars that have changed stats since being awarded first time. I’m a little salty that the Vauxhall was marketed as pretty much the worst prize car left, but has now been buffed a lot - to the point where it beats the Boss. Don’t get me wrong though, I think a minimum of one year should pass before reruns.

Also - what about the frequency? Too often and we will never get through this growing list of prize cars, too infrequent and the hope of grabbing that one car that got away diminishes to zero...

Comments

• RWareRWare Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think (aside from the early early days) Prize cars should get 1 rerun.

There are cars I have, that I would selfishly not like to see a rerun for, because I feel it gives me an edge.
    The other side of that sword is, I would love to see a rerun so I get a 2nd shot at a great car.

I think re-runs are a great chance to balance flip flopping between new legend prize to the next new legend prize
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would like a new-rerun-new-rerun schedule, just so we can have a break at times from the constant grind of the tri-series. At the least I would like 1 in every 4 events to be a rerun, but that would mean only 6 a year. Any less than this and I do not see the point. 

I feel the 'game-changer' cars should be prioritised. Otherwise the gap between the P2W and F2P will just get wider and wider. The Evo VIII FQ-400, 787B & Citroen BX 4TC, would be three I would like to see again.

• TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We’ve already had a Rerun of the Evo FQ-400
    I could get behind the alternation of rerun and new
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and I got mine in the rerun 360 days ago, so almost exactly a year. Much as I'd hate to see more of them out there, I think a year is fair and as long as this game doesn't die, major cars should be rerun yearly. At least where it works for scheduling with running new prize car events.

I don't think new payers (ha, typo but it works) should suffer not being able to get a car because it's already had two runs. I'll remind everyone who doesn't have a Suzuki Pikes Peak that that would mean they'll never ever get one. 
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we should have new Tier 1 prize car (Top Level, game changer), then new Tier 2 prize (epic, or RQ27), then a re-run, and then repeat. So 1 in 3. 

Also, I think they should do them chronologically from the start. I don’t want to never get a chance at the Speed12 just because the S1, Viper etc would sell more packs.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fully behind reruns to get a second shot at prize cars. Many that I'm missing that I'd love a crack at. However, the flipside is there are so many unreleased prize cars still to be given out that if too many reruns take place there will just never ever be the opportunity to win some for a 1st time.
  • baestbaest Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭
    re-run at old TVR would be nice.
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    I have probably stupid idea in my head.
    My "disagree" button is ready to accept many clicks. :smile:

Re-run could be done for 1 year old awarded cars.
    It could be runned together with normal tri-series Finals only.
    For Re-runs there is no Quali's, Prelims. Only Finals.
    At the same time Owners challenge is runned.

• Robbie_CheauxRobbie_Cheaux Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Not only for reruns but also for finals:
    Id like to see other requirements than country (or Update Tags) and manufacturers again...
    Id like to have more Year based and Tag based (Eco Friendly, Concept etc.) Finals again🤷🏻‍♂️
  • AntounAntoun Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like @greddy I would like rerun of the legendary TVR, the SLS GT3, the Ford GT40, the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 RQ27, the Lotus 2-Eleven GT4 and the Porsche 911 GT1 road car.

This is my wish list...
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antoun said:
    Like @greddy I would like rerun of the legendary TVR, the SLS GT3, the Ford GT40, the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 RQ27, the Lotus 2-Eleven GT4 and the Porsche 911 GT1 road car.

This is my wish list...

Metro please!!
  • KrDalleKrDalle Posts: 454 ✭✭✭
    918, pp, chiron, metro, p1 please
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 19
    Just to be informative, the following have already been rerun:
    • Jaguar XE SV Project 8
    • Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII FQ-400
    • Porsche 918
    • Porsche Carrera GT
    • Suzuki Pikes Peak XL-7
    I'd expect them to rerun something that hasn't yet been rerun.

There were cars given out multiple times, before Hutch started running Tri-Series with cars that were officially marked as prize cars.  I did not include those. (M3 GTS, GT40, SLS GT3)
    O__VER said:
    Yes and I got mine in the rerun 360 days ago, so almost exactly a year. Much as I'd hate to see more of them out there, I think a year is fair and as long as this game doesn't die, major cars should be rerun yearly. At least where it works for scheduling with running new prize car events.

I don't think new payers (ha, typo but it works) should suffer not being able to get a car because it's already had two runs. I'll remind everyone who doesn't have a Suzuki Pikes Peak that that would mean they'll never ever get one. 
    I don't think he meant that they shouldn't run a rerun of that.  It's just that the likelihood of it happening is probably less than reruning something that hasn't yet been rerun. :)
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Robin we know you’re out there lurking on your own forum... would you be able to comment on selection criteria? Is there any way we can influence it? How will the owners challenges work?
    I wonder if the later stages of the Owner's Challenge will require the prize cars, with a certain number of fuses into them.....?
    Good lord no. Do you think I'm made of Epic food? :D
    RWare said:
    Good lord no. Do you think I'm made of Epic food? :D
    I mean, I'm hoping not as well..... :D
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    I wonder if the later stages of the Owner's Challenge will require the prize cars, with a certain number of fuses into them.....?
    That would be fine, IF the final prize was worth it. Biggest gripe before was the relatively poor prizes. If the prize car is an RQ29, the challenge prize should be too. But damn hard to win.
  • kolov7kolov7 Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
    Ok ok,whatever will be,but where are the events
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    kolov7 said:
    Ok ok,whatever will be,but where are the events
    Doesnt matter if events are loaded 10hrs before start or 30hrs? 
    Dont panic about nothing.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mx5 is a great little car. 
  • KarhgathKarhgath Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
    As a player, I would say - reruns all the cars that I missed ;)

But more seriously:
    1) Some cars are dominating (e.g. 918, any offroad/rally cars) and it really sucks if you do not have it, but doing reruns dilutes them (more top players in brackets will have it) but also increase the chasm with the rest of players. For those top of the line cars, I'd try to do something different if I were Hutch.
    2) Some cars are more niche, but still useful/fun. Those are good targets. MX-5 being one. Also, cars from more niche years/manufacturers/specs is also nice as it rounds out a garage.
    3) Also the game is old now, a lot of new players got in the game more recently and missed a tons of cars. Having some kind of chronological order (or just # of owners) to the reruns would be a nice option. #OldSchoolMondays
  • aelburtaelburt Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    Do we have a list of all prize cars? I mean, one that we had to race for and one that for we will until now.
    aelburt said:
    Do we have a list of all prize cars? I mean, one that we had to race for and one that for we will until now.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12fUXsix9kDoZQqGm9KBakhclwF7njjubwZYEd5QC958/edit?usp=sharing