How profiles thing work?

degoodegoo Posts: 41 ✭✭
edited February 14 in General Discussion
I'd like some from Hutch explain how works the assigment of cars for each player. It is clear that when creating an account, it is assigned kind of "profile", so you have more chances to get some cars rather than others, based of this crappy thing.

I compared with friends and always follow the same pattern... ie, for me, now in the last update, exhibition thing, it is almost impossible to get a Lotus.. but have lot of bentleys and astons... others players tons of lotus but none astons.. it is frustating....

Comments

• milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop rates are random - there’s no “profile” creation that alters them in any way (although some people speculate about newer players getting better pulls from packs)
  • degoodegoo Posts: 41 ✭✭
    I'm not talking about better or worst, just different cars. Profile is a sure thing, just compare with other people, it is a way to avoid people with very same collection of cars... the events could be weirds.. but it is frustating when you can not get never some cars and wow, the same car multiple times. It is the same probability for all cars??? impossible
  • kaje73kaje73 Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    Since GE I've pulled a good number of every GE manufacturer (except Ariel which isn't surprising as there is only 1 non prize / non legendary), as I'm sure most here have. Profiles limiting which manufacturer you can pull isn't a thing.  
  • willcf15willcf15 Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    degoo said:
    Profile is a sure thing, just compare with other people, it is a way to avoid people with very same collection of cars...
    The beauty of long-shot gambling (read "Top Drives") is that it very rarely produces the same results time after time, if the payouts are truly random.

I know that, when you pull your fourth Skyline R34, or 9th Renault R20 without a single Dezir when they were both C class (I'M NOT SALTY, YOU'RE SALTY), it's tempting to believe that there's a reason for this. But there isn't. It's just RNGsus. Succumb to our lord and torturer.

https://xkcd.com/1457/
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    What you're describing is a common misconception about randomness, that it's evenly distributed. 

That's not the case. Randomness produces clumping, for example lots of drops from one manufacturer and few or none from another. 
  • KarhgathKarhgath Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    What you're describing is a common misconception about randomness, that it's evenly distributed. 

That's not the case. Randomness produces clumping, for example lots of drops from one manufacturer and few or none from another. 
    Yes. It is simply that, as you draw more cards, the chance you pull any duplicate (same car, same manufacturer, etc.) of a card you already own becomes much higher than pulling a unique card you do not have. Often the random distribution will seem like it favors a manufacturer or something ("clumping"), but that had nothing to do with the underlying randomnes. As humans, we often try to find or assume patterns. It's called apophenia.