Farewell (for real this time!)

bantel_catbantel_cat Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
After nearly 2 and a half years my time with TD has come to an end.

It has been a pleasure interacting with you guys.
Often didn't see familiar faces in events but it was always great to co-op with you all.

I wish you all well, good success and I hope you get what you need out of TD.

I wasn't so I decided to stop, I won't bore you with all the reasons but I knew uninstalling would not be enough (tried that before, lasted less than a day!) so I needed to do something more... drastic, hence:

I'll leave it a bit and then do a 1884 Ceramic blowout with the 61m IGC.
I'll post it in the 'Place your bets..' thread.

Take care guys.

Comments

• MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31
    -Everyone Disliked that-

Jokes aside, sad day to see you leave...wish you all the best!
  • Snaetch89Snaetch89 Posts: 88 ✭✭
    glad you've managed the cut. enjoy life and your time off
  • binnerbinner Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw this is sad 🙁 Still appreciate the work you did making the spreadsheet for pack openings 
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the best Paul. Thanks for your help, your humour, your maths and your spreadsheet skills. Wishing you a great 2020. 
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad. Its always been a pleasure with you, wish you all the best! Enjoy your now much more free time (and money).
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad to see you go mate but I agree with your decision. Might very well follow you shortly
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the best mate. Need to start thinking about doing this myself.
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPEND IT ALL ON PLASTICS!
    You will be missed
  • lonelyterroristlonelyterrorist Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    Best of luck
  • TopDivesTopDives Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭
    All the best.
    mikes said:
    SPEND IT ALL ON PLASTICS!
    You will be missed
    Not thought of that, @bobdylan would be proud.
    Just imagine... 18,878 Plastic packs... awesome

Now imagine buying 93000 additional slots to store them all (and rule common club events). Did some quick math, you need a bit more than 28k € to get the gold for the slots.

• mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Luck Paul.... maybe you will return! :)
  • SquadalaSquadala Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    Later. You're not gonna miss anything important anyway. Hutch has become greedy as hell this last few months, good choice.
  • KrDalleKrDalle Posts: 454 ✭✭✭
    Nobody joins you after this huracan final beeing one of the worst ever?
    I pulled an S porsche later buying ceramics, thats how hutch keeps me alive...
  • lukec436lukec436 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    I’ve recently began seriously worrying about the longevity of this title. The last thing I seriously want to see, is this whole operation closing it’s doors. This is a game that spawned such a great community, one that you don’t get very often, and it would be an absolute shame. 
    Cmon TDTeam/Hutch, we’ve got faith in you 
  • AntounAntoun Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad to see a good player leaving, but I feel you. Wish you the best.
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    You sure you want to leave? There is a tri series for the Chiron sport. 
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That may be the reason for me to finally leave. We are beta testing an update while they award one of the most wanted prize cars. Incredible
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit late given that I have sold my entire garage!

Though I have been tempted more than once to ask support to help me out. Resisted so far and if I can just last another couple of weeks I might reach escape velocity  :)
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit late given that I have sold my entire garage!

Though I have been tempted more than once to ask support to help me out. Resisted so far and if I can just last another couple of weeks I might reach escape velocity  :)
    Don’t go into the light, Carol-Ann. 
  • pRiM8pRiM8 Posts: 5
    MSteeL said:
    This is it for me guys. Server errors again. This game is never gonna get better. No point in wasting money and time, have given it few times since I already wanted to quit. 
    Wish you all good luck and good drops. Btw seen many new whales coming in from this update. Hope you can match them. Cyaaa🍺🍺🍺🍻❤️
    Don't blame you. Its become a bit of a shitshow this last updates.
    MSteeL said:
    This is it for me guys. Server errors again. This game is never gonna get better. No point in wasting money and time, have given it few times since I already wanted to quit. 
    Wish you all good luck and good drops. Btw seen many new whales coming in from this update. Hope you can match them. Cyaaa🍺🍺🍺🍻❤️
    Wish you all the best Miha, you were my first contact in the game. Sad to see you go, but the reasons are very well understandable.

• lukec436lukec436 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    Take care big man. 
    Its been good
  • willcf15willcf15 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't see this until now, but goodbye friends, you will be missed
  • vladimir1989vladimir1989 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling this is like a war and these are the guys who are permitted to leave.
    With burnt wallets and damaged credit cards.
    Enjoy the freedom guys. 

Jokes, aside. I used to play every event in the game, every day (even the smart event), and I feel like it's useless, even if the game was giving out carbon packs instead of ceramics, I still woundn't be able to finish this game in the next 4 years. Now I feel like the game lost the charm. When it had 30-50 legendaries bulling out a legendary felt like it means something. Now with every version of Bentley in the game it feels like getting the right legendary is impossible. 

I cannot imagine what will happen when they update Nissan and we get 68 versions of a Nissan skyline and 45 versions of the 350Z. Not to mention the 24 versions of the Nissan Micra.
  • Evil_RabbitEvil_Rabbit Posts: 279 ✭✭✭
    Well, the inflation of Legends is just insane.
    It started with Lambo and will only get worse with every new update.
    Ive been playing for over +850 days, got over 40 Legends, +130 epics but I cant compete anymore.
    Old garage is dead in the water