Epics moving to Legendary Discussion

Comments

• AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add on to the good post from Pete above...
    Maybe Hutch makes enough money that they simply dont care about the few die-hards still having hope for major improvements in the game. Else many of their actions in past months are hard to justify.
    The communiction failure is just on of the things. Its just plain wrong rom Robin to feel personally attacked from posts and therefore  get offended and post even less. Totally wrong direction, unless they give a shiat about the players, seems game makes enough revenue.
    Moving epics to legendary is a very sensible move, to do this to newly released cars is even worse at it gives a unbalance to the whole GE update tag.Raising RQ but not rarity would have been the better solution. Or maybe get stuff right before release. Come on Hutch, do something crazy, and test it!.
    In general the release of the massive amount of legendarys may be good for selling packs (short term) but will probably hurt the game in the long run as 99% of players will never get close to just get a portion of the cars , car collecting failed.
    This forum... i value the community, good people on here. Sad to see Hutch abandon it and therefore loose a good part of it. Or maybe this is intended, as this is/was clearly the place for well argumented criticism (and many ignored ideas for the game(s problems)).

• RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    I just don't see any reason to stay as comitted to all of this when there is no engagement at all...

I agree with the whole post, but this sentence in particular got me thinking. I've spent a lot of time in the past thinking about ways to improve certain aspects of the game, collecting times, comparing them, creating charts and stuff, but recently all of those were (seemingly) for nothing. So why bother? It's a shame really, because I enjoyed it so much.

My excel with all the times i kept has become obsolete more times than i can count. 

Times have changed even between 11.0 and 11.1
  • goshkogoshko Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    Ruvla said:
    Frankly, I am not getting any reason to change car stats:
    the game engine itself is far away from real life, so why should we bother, how car stat is correct?

Let's look at last updates - dozens of +- same lambos, that look the same. It became even more ridiculous with latest update, when there are same say bentleys with the same stat. Instead of this, I would like more to see balanced set of cars, that are distinguished (so talking about lambos, having top models with 1-2 versions will be enough).

No car stat changes -> less rarity changes. Reverting pointing system from relative to absolute -> no rarity changes at all.
    No rarity changes - no problems above.
    Can’t agree more. Car corrections that change rarities should be avoided imho, because people don’t realise that they probably wouldn’t have pulled the car if was with correct stats to begin with. Car corrections forum turned into shambles with everybody finding sources for every car that they own that 0-60 should be changes from 3.0 to 2.9. Why do we need that in a FICTIONAL card game which should be focused more on game balance than stats. And we have had ridiculous examples of car corrections when cars were changed multiple times and people are still not satisfied with performance. So I don’t think we need so many car corrections unless something is drastically wrong.

PS: I would like to ask the corrections team why the vantage RS time was changed from 4.0 to 3.6 when we have other sources citing 3.8 or 4.0 and we used to say that such little variances can happen with track, car condition difference in driver etc.
  • S3XYS3XY Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭
    Ruvla said:
    Frankly, I am not getting any reason to change car stats:
    the game engine itself is far away from real life, so why should we bother, how car stat is correct?

Let's look at last updates - dozens of +- same lambos, that look the same. It became even more ridiculous with latest update, when there are same say bentleys with the same stat. Instead of this, I would like more to see balanced set of cars, that are distinguished (so talking about lambos, having top models with 1-2 versions will be enough).

No car stat changes -> less rarity changes. Reverting pointing system from relative to absolute -> no rarity changes at all.
    No rarity changes - no problems above.
    I really like the fact that the game is trying to get close to real life. It is a tough job and needs iterations. I get those. Just the fact that the consequences of these iterations constantly affecting, sometimes disrupting gameplay is poorly managed. Ideal management would communicate not only the changes but also potential consequences and solutions beforehand. If they can manage this, even with an ambitious goal like what Hutch has set, it will get supported by the community, and mistakes get tolerated. But the reality is that only changes are announced, players have to point out the consequences and argue with the solutions. Even after many cases are solved, there is no clear policy communicated.
  • meowmeowlolmeowmeowlol Posts: 17 ✭✭
    At least hutch did respond to you. I did ask them about the Range Rover tires one day before the update. They never replied.

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:
    goshko said:
    4) Car corrections usually come with major updates, but this time they came out of the blue. Why?
    First people complain that Hutch never does car corrections.  Now you're going to complain about having them happen?  Get outta here with that.
    The problem with PL11.1 is that it was unlike anything we've encountered before, and nobody saw it coming. Just answer this. Do you think releasing so many car corrections, including the most A -> S movements ever (most of them new cars used in the ongoing final for the most desired car in the game) was a smart move? Do you really not see why so many people got upset about it? I'm saying this as someone who now has a maxed RQ27 Aston, that helped me win the Chiron, and a maxed RQ27 Porsche 911 Turbo as well.
    I think they were stuck.  They realized these cars needed to move in rarity (and they wanted to get the change done as soon as possible, before the number of those cars in play grew), so including it in PL11.1 was a good idea, from that perspective.  Then they needed to get 11.1 out to fix other issues before the finals started, which is what everyone wanted anyways.  Those two things combined influenced their decision to do it then.  If they had waited, more players would have pulled the cars that moved to Legendary (in the 15 CF offered), effectively increasing the number of (new) Legendaries out in play.

To answer your question, I do see why people got upset and I empathize with them for some of the reasons mentioned, but not all.  I still do not agree that it was Hutch's fault about the release notes and update timing, if you have auto-update turned on.  Why don't people accept responsibility for that?  
    Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:
    Ruvla said:
    IMHO, whenever car goes up or down, car should be reset to default, gold and fuse refunded back to player and after that player decide how to proceed. At least this is fair solution.
    There can be a downside to this solution.  Consider that a long-term player has something maxed, which then changes in rarity on a release of new cars in the game.  That player now has 15 free fuses to spend on cars just released into the game, giving them an edge over others, from a car that would not have helped them in the new update.  I'm not arguing against this idea, but rather giving some additional things to think about.
    Don't you think this would still be the lesser evil? Let's look at all the possibilities:
    Car moves from Epic -> Legendary:
    • you have the car, no fuses -> you'll end up with a useless Legedary instead of a really good Epic
    • you have the car, fused already -> you'll end up with a useful Legendary, esepecially if you have it maxed, and a huge advantage over anyone who pulls the car after the movement
    • you don't have the car -> nothing happens
    Car moves from Legendary -> Epic:
    • you have the car, no fuses -> you'll end up with a useful Epic, that you can now upgrade more easily
    • you have the car, fused already -> you'll end up with a useful Epic, but you'll be pissed because of all the wasted Epic food
    The interesting scenario is the middle one in both cases. That is when something unfair happens. So here's what I think. They should introduce fuse tokens, and compensate players when their already fused cars change rarity.
    So if you have already fused a car that goes up to Legendary, the car should lose it's fuses, and you should get as many Epic fuse tokens, as the number of fuses you had on that car. You could use these tokens on another epic of your choice.
    If you have already fused a car that goes down to Epic, the car should lose it's fuses, and you should get as many Legendary fuse tokens as the number of fuses you had on theat car. You could use these tokens on another Legendary of your choice.
    Yes getting free fuse tokens is also an advantage, but not as huge as having a maxed Legendary, that proably noone will ever max in the future.
    I'd also expand this to Ultra Rare-Epic movements.
    You forgot the possibility that I mentioned, based on that suggestion:

• you have the car, fused already - Hutch returns the fuses to you in a form of token.  That car you had maxed may not be useful anymore or its not relevant to the new update, so you don't care that the fuses were removed.  What you do care about is that you can now spend those tokens to max a Legendary that is new to the game, effectively giving you an advantage over everyone else who now pulls that Legendary, but did not have a car move down in Legendary to receive the same tokens.  People in this thread are upset about advantages.  All I was saying is that this presents just one more.
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:
    goshko said:
    4) Car corrections usually come with major updates, but this time they came out of the blue. Why?
    First people complain that Hutch never does car corrections.  Now you're going to complain about having them happen?  Get outta here with that.
    The problem with PL11.1 is that it was unlike anything we've encountered before, and nobody saw it coming. Just answer this. Do you think releasing so many car corrections, including the most A -> S movements ever (most of them new cars used in the ongoing final for the most desired car in the game) was a smart move? Do you really not see why so many people got upset about it? I'm saying this as someone who now has a maxed RQ27 Aston, that helped me win the Chiron, and a maxed RQ27 Porsche 911 Turbo as well.
    I think they were stuck.  They realized these cars needed to move in rarity (and they wanted to get the change done as soon as possible, before the number of those cars in play grew), so including it in PL11.1 was a good idea, from that perspective.  Then they needed to get 11.1 out to fix other issues before the finals started, which is what everyone wanted anyways.  Those two things combined influenced their decision to do it then.  If they had waited, more players would have pulled the cars that moved to Legendary (in the 15 CF offered), effectively increasing the number of (new) Legendaries out in play.

To answer your question, I do see why people got upset and I empathize with them for some of the reasons mentioned, but not all.  I still do not agree that it was Hutch's fault about the release notes and update timing, if you have auto-update turned on.  Why don't people accept responsibility for that?  
    I wouldn't blame people for having auto-update turned on, even though that's the first thing I turn off when I buy a new phone. No one in their right mind would have expected such an update in the middle of a tri-series. Or ever, as a matter of fact, as it has been stated earlier that Epic - Legendary movements are treated very carefully, because it has a huge impact on the game. This correction was already late by the time it was released, but this way it even had a huge effect on the Chiron final as well. Surely you can't argue with that. And the fact that they should at least get the stats of high-end cars right from the start, if they can't handle 200 new cars.
    Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:
    Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:
    goshko said:

I wouldn't blame people for having auto-update turned on, even though that's the first thing I turn off when I buy a new phone. No one in their right mind would have expected such an update in the middle of a tri-series.  Or ever, as a matter of fact, as it has been stated earlier that Epic - Legendary movements are treated very carefully, because it has a huge impact on the game. This correction was already late by the time it was released, but this way it even had a huge effect on the Chiron final as well. Surely you can't argue with that. 
    We were literally sitting on pins and needles in this forum, waiting for that update to come.  We all knew it was imminent.

Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:
    Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:
    goshko said:

And the fact that they should at least get the stats of high-end cars right from the start, if they can't handle 200 new cars.
    I can't argue this.  Getting stats right before hand is important.
    HeissRod said:
    Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:
    Ruvla said:
    IMHO, whenever car goes up or down, car should be reset to default, gold and fuse refunded back to player and after that player decide how to proceed. At least this is fair solution.
    There can be a downside to this solution.  Consider that a long-term player has something maxed, which then changes in rarity on a release of new cars in the game.  That player now has 15 free fuses to spend on cars just released into the game, giving them an edge over others, from a car that would not have helped them in the new update.  I'm not arguing against this idea, but rather giving some additional things to think about.
    Don't you think this would still be the lesser evil? Let's look at all the possibilities:
    • you have the car, no fuses -> you'll end up with a useless Legedary instead of a really good Epic
    • you have the car, fused already -> you'll end up with a useful Legendary, esepecially if you have it maxed, and a huge advantage over anyone who pulls the car after the movement
    • you have the car, no fuses -> you'll end up with a useful Epic, that you can now upgrade more easily
    • you have the car, fused already -> you'll end up with a useful Epic, but you'll be pissed because of all the wasted Epic food
    The interesting scenario is the middle one in both cases. That is when something unfair happens. So here's what I think. They should introduce fuse tokens, and compensate players when their already fused cars change rarity.
    So if you have already fused a car that goes up to Legendary, the car should lose it's fuses, and you should get as many Epic fuse tokens, as the number of fuses you had on that car. You could use these tokens on another epic of your choice.
    If you have already fused a car that goes down to Epic, the car should lose it's fuses, and you should get as many Legendary fuse tokens as the number of fuses you had on theat car. You could use these tokens on another Legendary of your choice.
    Yes getting free fuse tokens is also an advantage, but not as huge as having a maxed Legendary, that proably noone will ever max in the future.

• you have the car, fused already - Hutch returns the fuses to you in a form of token.  That car you had maxed may not be useful anymore or its not relevant to the new update, so you don't care that the fuses were removed.  What you do care about is that you can now spend those tokens to max a Legendary that is new to the game, effectively giving you an advantage over everyone else who now pulls that Legendary, but did not have a car move down in Legendary to receive the same tokens.  People in this thread are upset about advantages.  All I was saying is that this presents just one more.
    I did not forget about that, that's why my first sentence was "Don't you think this would still be the lesser evil?".
    People tend to save food anyways, so I don't think this would be as huge an advantage as suddenly having a maxed RQ27 Legend is.
    There are many problems with the game that has no perfect solution (late joining, event end times), but that doesn't mean there is no "better" solution.
    HeissRod said:
    We were literally sitting on pins and needles in this forum, waiting for that update to come.  We all knew it was imminent.

But did we expect a lot of shiny new RQ26 epics going up to legendary? Hell no. We were just waiting for bugs to be fixed, nothing wrong with auto-update then.
    edited February 19
    Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:
    Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:
    Ruvla said:

I did not forget about that, that's why my first sentence was "Don't you think this would still be the lesser evil?".
    People tend to save food anyways, so I don't think this would be as huge an advantage as suddenly having a maxed RQ27 Legend is.
    There are many problems with the game that has no perfect solution (late joining, event end times), but that doesn't mean there is no "better" solution.
    You also said "Let's look at all the possibilities", but didn't mention it, so I thought you missed listing it.
    Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:

But did we expect a lot of shiny new RQ26 epics going up to legendary? Hell no. We were just waiting for bugs to be fixed, nothing wrong with auto-update then.
    We hope for RQ changes each update, which benefit us.  We all do.  
    HeissRod said:
    Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:
    Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:
    Ruvla said:

You also said "Let's look at all the possibilities", but didn't mention it, so I thought you missed listing it.
    It was there:
    "you have the car, fused already -> you'll end up with a useful Epic, but you'll be pissed because of all the wasted Epic food"
    So my suggestion would compensate for the lost epic food. I think it's still more fair, than what happens now when a car moves the other way.
  • MoogMoog Posts: 457 ✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:

It could be mitigated slightly by either having fuse tokens having a longer fuse time, or when fuse tokens are used that fusing cannot be skipped.
    HeissRod said:
    Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:

Major updates, yes. Hotfixes, no. Come on man, don't be so stubborn, this was unexpected. Don't fight it. Blaming the player is just not right.
    edited February 19
    Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:
    Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:

Major updates, yes. Hotfixes, no. Come on man, don't be so stubborn, this was unexpected. Don't fight it. Blaming the player is just not right.
    Right in the PL11 roadmap, Robin says "Occasional updates will contain car corrections, usually .0 updates."  This very directly means that some updates will contain car corrections, not just .0 updates.  
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    I think this is a fitting time to bring back to light an idea i suggest a long time ago. A new system to upgrade cars.

Put simply, instead of 3 cars of a rarity equal or 1 below the car being upgraded, a formula should be used to calculate the sum total of RQ needed between 3 fuse material cars, of any rarity. The fuse material is made up of RQ alone.

For example, i recently pulled a duplicate rq27 merc. I don't really care to keep it. Lets say i wanted to upgrade an epic car, RQ23. a formula might require an RQ score total of 60 to upgrade it. 60-27 leaves two cars needed of RQ33. two Super rares would do it, but I'd have to give up a hard-earned legendary though. 

That would eliminate the issue of having cars jump up a tier being urgently required to be upgraded. It would also allow many bottom of rarity cars, your RQ23s etc to be upgraded willingly, and thus, increasing the variety of cars encountered. This brings back more of an element of tactics too IMHO.

I think with the imminent move to a 100RQ spread this would be even more preferable to the system we have now.

Cars at the bottom of the new Rarity bands will simply never get used
    This is a really interesting idea that had a lot of merit.  

I managed (just) to crash upgrade one of my 911 turbos before it went legendary.  This would be an attractive use for the second.

The natural way to do the upgrade requirements would be To require 3x the LOWEST rq in the class below.

Ur requires cars worth a combined 45rq
    epic requires cars worth a combined 57rq
    legend requires cars worth a combined 69

That would mean you could fuse a legend with one legends and two URs.  Great if you've got a stack of garbage rq27s lying around.

You could have a varying for hire depending on the RQ of the car being upgraded, that might be needlessly complicated and would penalise the high RQ epics.  

I would prefer a simpler system, and it would be easier to sell it to us all if you can pitch "fuse your Chiron sport with ONE rq27 and a pair of URs."
    Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:
    Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:
    Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:

Right in the PL11 roadmap, Robin says "Occasional updates will contain car corrections, usually .0 updates."  This very directly means that some updates will contain car corrections, not just .0 updates.  
    So now you're telling me, that because of this sentence (or actally just the word "usually") in a roadmap back in January, we should have expected a bunch of GE cars moving up from Epic to Legendary?
    It was actually February 10th, 2 days before the update was released, but go ahead and play it off as not important now that I came back with some actual concrete evidence.  You wanted to throw "stubborn" in my face?  No one here seems to want to accept any responsibility and it's all 100% Hutch's fault.

And I'm not talking specific moves.  You're changing the argument.  I'm specifically discussing auto-update liability.  If you want to control when and how your updates are applied, have that turned off.  If you do not turn that off, then blaming Hutch for not being able to take advantage of whatever changes take place within the update window is not right.
    I am sorry for that. Feel free to delete my posts.
    edited February 19
    Ozzman said:
    Same here.  @Ozzman, I apologize for the heated tone of my last post.
    HeissRod said:
    Ozzman said:
    Same here.  @Ozzman, I apologize for the heated tone of my last post.
    No problem. I got carried away, it happens.
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    guys... you write too much... we see rq move from beginning.. i don't see the problem... however you need a luck or money to find this car... and have fuse material! if you are a spendere you can upgrade the car if it is B or A or S... if you f2p you are lucky enough to read forum with patch notes, have time to do fuses and some material to fuse!