My maxed legendary

bobdylanbobdylan Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
Lonely thing , probaly wasnt the best choice to max but it was a while ago and I didn't have many at the time so thought it was special 

She sucks 

But hey my bad.

Funny thing is tho I have been playing I think for around 2 years maybe 3 
And I have spent at a guess 4 grand in cold hard cash and it's just dawned upon me ... lol silly me ... I been playing the game all wrong! Doh 
Because every one I meet has two or more maxed legendary cars in the hand !!!! Let alone the whole garage .

So can somebody point me in the way of the game instructions please because I have clearly made a fool of my self and done it all wrong so far 

Comments

• MoogMoog Posts: 423 ✭✭✭✭
    I too only have one maxed legendary, and I also spend far too much cash on this game. My maxed-S came courteous of the recent 11.1 upgrade where I was able to max out a Range Rover Sport SVR that was epic before I was forced to upgrade and it became legendary.

I do have a bunch of Legendary cars with a single tune in them.

• bobdylanbobdylan Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We must be doing it wrong 
  • 0171801718 Posts: 257 ✭✭✭
    Hey bob,

I don't know exactly what your post is about, but I think most people here respect you a lot with or without 4 grand spent.

Let's just hope for a wet Porsche final somewhen in the future, where your Targa may shine. I bet the rest of your garage is no garbage at all and frankly, only a fraction of players will have a maxed legendary at all.

cheers
    01718 (zero maxed legandaries, 2 x 636 since last weekend, 58 epics left in the garage 10 of which are maxed, day 414)
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭✭
    You're not spending enough on plastics man. 
  • bobdylanbobdylan Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or .... was it too much on plastics ?
  • willcf15willcf15 Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    At least you have a maxed legend! The closest I've got is two fuses in a new Ford GT after 898 days (maybe more, that's just my oldest car). I will admit that yours seems like an odd choice, but at least you kill it with rainy convertibles! I'm also sure your commons likely put most to shame ;)
  • 0171801718 Posts: 257 ✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    Or .... was it too much on plastics ?

tried plastic surgery?
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing I find is that maxed Legendaries are make or break now. You don't have maxed Legendaries in your hand in a final, you probably won't win unless the requirements are from a recent update.

So my approach has been to be pretty brutal on Epics. Keep the best cars, yes, and anything that has shown to be useful over time. But anything even remotely second tier gets put into Legendaries. No point keeping a car at 000 for several months in the hope it might one day be useful. Stick it in your best Legendary.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    The thing I find is that maxed Legendaries are make or break now. You don't have maxed Legendaries in your hand in a final, you probably won't win unless the requirements are from a recent update.

So my approach has been to be pretty brutal on Epics. Keep the best cars, yes, and anything that has shown to be useful over time. But anything even remotely second tier gets put into Legendaries. No point keeping a car at 000 for several months in the hope it might one day be useful. Stick it in your best Legendary.
    This is what Ive been struggling with.  Case in point, I have that epic GMC Denali.  One day it's going to be key in something, but so far it's fairly useless. 
  • KarhgathKarhgath Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:

This is what Ive been struggling with.  Case in point, I have that epic GMC Denali.  One day it's going to be key in something, but so far it's fairly useless. 
    Yeah, same here, I still try to keep at least one of each epic in hope it will be useful one day. I even have a few duplicates 333 or with one fuse (e.g. 3x 2-11) that was useful like once, but I also do not want to lose that investment - its clearly gonna sit there unused tho.

The kicker is, with the new gold/money economy and the new boards, I find it costlier and costlier to upgrade epic, so yeah, even if I have a useful epic at some point, I might not even be able to fully upgrade it. I have a few great American Dream epics but they are siting at one or two fuses as I focused on French/Italian instead.

So I think being ruthless and aggressive to upgrade legendaries might be viable afterall.