787B Owners' Challenge

Comments

• S3XYS3XY Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    Now. If the stipulations were adjusted to Italian 90s X4...
    That's a great solution... Otherwise, it is too harsh for the owners.
  • juan_cruz_96juan_cruz_96 Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    I honestly think it should've been 5x 90's and 4x Italian cars, at least. So you can use the prizes from prelims and quali, and also the damn 787B, lol.
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Single player content with Legendary cars as main reward - I like it! I think the concept is better than previous owner events.
    But as Rob mentioned for future challenges the first few rounds should be a bit easier enabling players to at least grab a carbon with a mediocre hand and a ceramic with a weak one.

In order to win the legendary car - strong hand, maxed epics and legendaries required.
  • MalaniMalani Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    Huge disappointment. I know one player who finished it and he says its extremely hard, you need the right maxed epics and the Lancia offroader.  I would like to know the % of players who finished it, and dont forget, these are all grown garages. @Hutch_Tim , waiting for your stats next week, thanks.

The Lancia is certainly required, although no fuses needed thankfully. You don't need maxed epics though - I finished it with this hand, none maxed. I had to upgrade one of the purple diablos to get past round 5, which was too hard for such an early round.

• topdrives22642topdrives22642 Posts: 13
    Level 21: you cannot beat it without the lancia. 
  • topdrives22642topdrives22642 Posts: 13
    Robbie, it’s 7k for each of the first six rounds then 100 gold for the next 6, then a carbon fiber pack at 18.
  • Robbie_CheauxRobbie_Cheaux Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    edited February 29
    Robbie, it’s 7k for each of the first six rounds then 100 gold for the next 6, then a carbon fiber pack at 18.
    Cant stop laughing😂😂 this is so ridiculous 
    Looks like ill just farm the first round and get nothing else then (:
    Oh and btw: wheres the 600 Gold that tier 1 wins here?
    So the rwards are absolutely worse than the finals rewards. While the 787b is one of the best 29rq cars we get one of the worst 29rq cars wirh the juke r
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly think it should've been 5x 90's and 4x Italian cars, at least. So you can use the prizes from prelims and quali, and also the damn 787B, lol.
    Seriously?  You can't use the 787B?   :D
  • baestbaest Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭
    Stuck on 5 too, had the red Diablo not been nerfed I could pass this at least lol.
  • Bucks73Bucks73 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭
    The response will be ‘but we’ve given you a chance at two CFs with the two events that are on’

Yep. Can’t wait to see what RQ19 or 20 car I pull from one of those. 
  • JayJay Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something seriously wrong with this company lol.
    Expect comment deletion and possible ban!

Bring down the ban hammer to hide the dirt!
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey guys... there are a lot of CF on sale for you!! LOL
    so now you guys complain Hutch? :D:D:D
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For once everyone else is more gripy than I am. In fact I think I've managed to stay very level-headed through this. 

I attribute that to having my expectations fully lowered by past experience.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They won't read it until Monday and by then they won't do squat.
    What a mess. It's like that rs200 challenge only so much worse
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    I’m not a 787B owner but it’s obvious to see that this owners challenge has either been poorly designed or is a blatant attempt to get owners to cough up for CFs. With my mediocre 90s Italian hand I still expect to get at least T3 which entitles me to a CF, some cash, and a decent UR. Had I been an owner I would be stuck on round 1 and left with $7000 as my prize. Something not quite right there
  • meowmeowlolmeowmeowlol Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Same for me too. I have around 900+ cards and none of these cards can beat the first round of challenge. They didn't even tell that the owners event will have the same  requirement as the current finals.

If not I would have fight for it. I didn't fight for the qualifiers and prelims because I want others to win that car too.  But now...again disappointment.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juke is a joke and so is Hutch
  • Robbie_CheauxRobbie_Cheaux Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Im wondering if they thought about the challange before they created it... probably not
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the record, this was the last owners event

It was judged poorly because the prize car was waaaaaay beneath the capability of the car most people were fighting for, because the brackets were absurdly large, there were faaaaaaar to few of them and you needed an absolute hose-beast of a hand to get the top prize (which was good, no one is complaining about 5xCF).

this owners challenge is a good format, but feels exploitative.  Like last time the car is distinctly meh, the prizes are worse, and unless you have a TUNED legend drag car you’re not getting past round 5.  

This is my hand.

By no means great, but I can’t clear round 5.  No packs, no gold, no prize car.  
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the record, this was the last owners event

It was judged poorly because the prize car was waaaaaay beneath the capability of the car most people were fighting for, because the brackets were absurdly large, there were faaaaaaar to few of them and you needed an absolute hose-beast of a hand to get the top prize (which was good, no one is complaining about 5xCF).

this owners challenge is a good format, but feels exploitative.  Like last time the car is distinctly meh, the prizes are worse, and unless you have a TUNED legend drag car you’re not getting past round 5.  

This is my hand.

By no means great, but I can’t clear round 5.  No packs, no gold, no prize car.  

My hand is indeed worse than yours, but at least before I would've won myself a ceramic + a UR car. Here's where I'm at today... Pls have a hearty laugh, this is posted for your amusement 

Yes, i have nearly cleared my first prizeboard on round 1  :D
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've put a few fuses into my best Epics and I still can't pass round 5. The Legendary Diablo is too strong and it's very difficult to offset the loss with the previous tracks. Unless you've had luck pulling Legendaries, you literally needed to have pulled one of two Epics from the IR update AND fully upgraded them to beat the Diablo and pass the round.

I've pulled at least six Epic 90s Italian cars since IR came out... just not the right ones. The red Diablo I pulled and maxed was nerfed only a few weeks ago and now doesn't win.

Now I hear that I wouldn't pass later rounds either because I haven't pulled one of two Lancia Legendaries?

Effectively this challenge has given me $28k and I've wasted food in garbage Epics. Love how consistent Hutch is.